Ride forth to the Weekend (Friday Thread)

Started by Kushan, May 28, 2015, 11:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tuna


BanzaiCat

That's something that never sat well with me when it came to Civ IV - that you could technically build your Civ up to godlike levels and drop atom bombs on neighbors that weren't yet out of the Renaissance Era. In Civ V, even on the easier levels, I've not been able to do that. My "holy shite" moment with Civ V was early on when I started a war with neighboring India and thought I'd be all cool and drop said bombs on his cities. Lo and behold, Gandhi returns the favor and starts nuking my cities. I knew I loved the game wholeheartedly at that point.

Tuna

We need to get MD pumped on Civ V and start an MP game in that. MD tries his Warlock style domination and the lil guys nuke away! >:D

MetalDog

Not gonna happen on V.  I know it's childish, but, the one unit per hex thing is a dealbreaker for me.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Tuna

#79
How many units per hex in Warlock?  ::)

I do agree, though, that was the first thing I hated about the new version.. That and the fact that you didn't have to build transports for your land units.

MetalDog

Warlock is different.  I don't expect to be able to stack.  I also don't like the look of the whole game from the preview I got watching you guys.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Nefaro

For someone who perpetually plays Civ, I'm surprised you haven't at least tried Civ 5 yet MD.

MetalDog

Me, too.  I just can't wrap my head around the one hex/one unit concept.  Plus, from the graphics I've seen, and the layout of the game and the map, it just seems...rounded.  Or soft.  I don't know.  It's just not appealing to me at all.  And that makes me sad.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

You guys are on crack.

At first, I didn't know if I'd like the one-unit-per-hex thing, but now I love it and could not go back to IV and it's 'stack-o-death' spaces.

Maybe if you TRIED it, MD, you'd like it. Then try a MP game with me and a few others on Civ V. Unless you're... :)

MetalDog

That would be too much like being fair about it.  And how do I explain it to Civ IV if I like V better?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

BanzaiCat

Oh, please. Civ IV is a whore. She'll take up with whomever wants to play with her.

Gusington

Before Civ V the last Civ I really liked was Civ II. But I really enjoyed Civ V, especially some of the scenarios like the Scramble for Africa. Very fun. Try it MD...do it!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tuna

I still like Civ IV as well.. Love them both.. I can go back to either game at any time.

Barthheart

Civ V! Civ V! Civ V!

Come on MD all the cool kids are playing it.  :coolsmiley:

An MP game of Civ V would be great... I'd even get in on that.  :D

Tuna

+1 As long as it's at night, not Sunday mornings!  ;)