Main Menu

Steam Summer Sale 2015

Started by steve58, May 29, 2015, 06:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek

Still nothing - feel like I'm the guy at the party that can't get drunk

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Jarhead0331

Quote from: undercovergeek on June 21, 2015, 02:48:12 AM
Still nothing - feel like I'm the guy at the party that can't get drunk

...or laid.  O:-)
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


undercovergeek

lol, thats what i was going to put but changed my mind  ;D

bob48

Just been gifted 'Space Hulk Ascension' by one of my Sons as a Fathers Day present.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Shelldrake

Quote from: bob48 on June 21, 2015, 06:44:02 AM
Just been gifted 'Space Hulk Ascension' by one of my Sons as a Fathers Day present.
Nice!
"Just because something is beyond your comprehension doesn't mean it is scientific."

Dean Edell

Huw the Poo

I can't wait until my kids are old enough to buy me games!

undercovergeek

Thinking about sniper elite 2 - it had a good write up on rps recently

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: undercovergeek on June 21, 2015, 10:31:30 AM
Thinking about sniper elite 2 - it had a good write up on rps recently

One of my favorite games and the only game that I have fully completed from start to finish the last few years.....also have Sniper Elite 3, which is equally entertaining, although haven't had time to put in fully yet.

undercovergeek

their write up was focused on the intensity of one on one MP games, which is how i started PC gaming over a network with Medal of Honour - i might pop my sales cherry with this

Father Ted

Ultimate General: Gettysburg a steal for under £3.  Nice little game - slick design and gameplay which rewards some thought whilst remaining accessible.

weateallthepies

My damage is pretty small this year:

Battlelore: Command
J.U.L.I.A Among the Stars
Child of Light
Ultimate General: Gettysburg
Space Hulk Ascension + DLC (bit of a bargain if you own the previous game)

weateallthepies

Battlelore: Command is one of those hidden ones that might be worth it for some, particularly if you have any interest in the Command & Colors boardgames.

solops

Damage mounting...
Homeworld Remastered, Arma3 plus DLC, some Crusader Kings DLC, some EU4 DLC, Sovereignty: Crown of Kings.

I bought all of the Alien:Isolation DLC for my son for father's day (is that the way Father's day is supposed to work...?)

Plus, Matrix had a competing sale and I bought Starhammer.

Help...I need an intervention...
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

Mr. Bigglesworth

For youse bums that are refusing a new game, i recommend an old one. Pretoreans is on steam for a few bucks. It's a fairly typical rts type setup with blocky (slightly lower res than warcraft 3) 3D units and terrain. To great enjoyment I found I failed tutorial missions! Part is having to understand their design. I attacked the wrong building losing a village. Part is a strong dependence on rock paper scissors type unit interactions. Part is heavily scripted missions through tight passes. The last I normally hate. In this case there is something very appealing about the quality of the mission design, and the Roman story. Or maybe it is just fun to be called General by your units when you select them!  ;)

Somehow the whole combination works very well, making you really look foreward to the next mission. This is the most enjoyment I have had in a game in a long time. The feel is like when you first got Starcraft 1, but in a Roman Empire setting. For a few dollars you are mad not to try it.

This game badly needs a sequel, only if it keeps the magic feel of the first one. How this didnt become a big title on release is a mystery. Was there some other high profile game? Probably.
"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; "
- Shakespeare's Henry V, Act III, 1598