Your Favorite Savage Worlds (Deluxe) Setting?

Started by Nefaro, June 02, 2015, 05:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

I reviewed Weird Wars for a magazine about 10 years ago. I remember liking it. I might still have the book upstairs.

Nefaro

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on September 02, 2015, 11:57:23 AM

p.s. Danged if I'm going to buy a newer set of rules and such (again) - all my things are circa 2009ish - how bad will that bite me in the butt if I go with some of the newer Deadlands Reloaded items?  And yes, I know they say something like, "run with the rules that you have," blah, blah.  I just generally like having the most current of rules as that is what is being written for generally.

From what I've read about Deadlands Reloaded, the earlier stuff (core DR books for example) was actually made for the Savage Worlds edition directly previous to the latest "Deluxe" (2012) one, and there were very few changes.

The only change I found to make the DR Player Guide conform to the latest SW 2012 rules was something about adding the Guts skill.  Other than that it's the same thing AFAIK.  The latest Deadlands Reloaded cores were created for the 2009 Savage Worlds edition, if I understood all that correctly.  My DR Player's Guide has a copyright date of 2011, so that jives.

I also got the impression that the Savage Worlds Deluxe edition is identical to the previous one, other than coming in the new, smaller, book size and maybe some minor clarifications & such.

bayonetbrant

as I said in post #2 ;)
Quote from: bayonetbrant on June 02, 2015, 05:46:24 PMI've always been a fan of the Space: 1889 setting going back to the 80s
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Nefaro on September 02, 2015, 12:40:33 PM
From what I've read about Deadlands Reloaded, the earlier stuff (core DR books for example) was actually made for the Savage Worlds edition directly previous to the latest "Deluxe" (2012) one, and there were very few changes.

The only change I found to make the DR Player Guide conform to the latest SW 2012 rules was something about adding the Guts skill.  Other than that it's the same thing AFAIK.  The latest Deadlands Reloaded cores were created for the 2009 Savage Worlds edition, if I understood all that correctly.  My DR Player's Guide has a copyright date of 2011, so that jives.

I also got the impression that the Savage Worlds Deluxe edition is identical to the previous one, other than coming in the new, smaller, book size and maybe some minor clarifications & such.

Thanks!

The varied rules editions / books being broken down into Players and GM's specific flavors /etc. always makes me feel stupid as I try to get back up to speed with things.

Dammit Carl!

...and on my way to pick up some Savage Stuff at DriveThru, I wind up buying Shadows of the Demon Lord instead.  Lol.

I did amend my ways a bit and bought the 6th Gun Savage World book - to round out my Deadlands stuff more than anything - and am enjoying reading that at the moment; never can have enough weird west, IMHO.