Slitherine Humble Bundle

Started by jomni, June 04, 2015, 05:34:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jomni

Well this one's new.  Slitherine games on Humble Bundle.

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

steve58

...just may have to grab this one.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

DennisS

I have Qvadriga..a really underrated game.

FarAway Sooner

Any thoughts on Hell?  Anything at all unique or innovative about it?

Tuna

Looks like Battle Academy engine in the video.

Gusington

^It is.

Very tempting here as most titles I do not own...but I need more time to actually play everything included here :(
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Skwerl

Faraway,

Hell is basically a fantasy version of Battle Academy.  I like it a lot, but then I like the Battle Academy game engine and I like fantasy based battles.

FarAway Sooner

Good context, thanks.  I like the BA engine but found the game play pretty reminiscent of a lot of other titles I've played.

DennisS

Quote from: Skwerl on June 05, 2015, 07:11:13 AM
Faraway,

Hell is basically a fantasy version of Battle Academy.  I like it a lot, but then I like the Battle Academy game engine and I like fantasy based battles.

Battle Academy 2 has a skirmish mode, with semi-randomly generated battles. I think that this would give it greater re-playability. I am waiting on a price drop to jump in.


BanzaiCat

#9
That's a pretty awesome bundle, but I need more games right now like I need more podcasts to edit.  O:-)

Is Gateway to Caen any good?

-budd-

question for any one who bought it. Are the keys for individual games so you can give away the ones you already have?
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

PanzersEast

Quote from: -budd- on June 05, 2015, 09:30:13 AM
question for any one who bought it. Are the keys for individual games so you can give away the ones you already have?

The keys are for individual game.  I picked the bundle up because I did not have any of them except one and I really wanted Gateway to Caen.


PE

BanzaiCat

Holy crap, Steam is selling CC: Gateway to Caen for $39.99.  ??? That makes this deal something to jump on...if CC: Gateway to Caen is good, of course. Played it yet, PE?

PanzersEast

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on June 05, 2015, 09:41:20 AM
Holy crap, Steam is selling CC: Gateway to Caen for $39.99.  ??? That makes this deal something to jump on...if CC: Gateway to Caen is good, of course. Played it yet, PE?

Have not had a chance yet, but I did look at some LPs and read up on it.... enough good in there to warrant me picking it up.


PE

PipFromSlitherine

FYI Hell uses the BA2 engine, and does include a random skirmish generator.  The original BA doesn't have skirmish built in, though there are some user mods which gen random battles available to download.

Cheers

Pip