Friday Night Peeps.....

Started by JudgeDredd, June 05, 2015, 03:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Sir Slash

The Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum is a great place to see too. Couple of hours north of Mackinac Strait on the Upper Peninsula. Biggest mosquitoes I've ever seen though. Even sober.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Airborne Rifles

Quote from: Ubercat on June 05, 2015, 07:03:45 PM
Quote from: Airborne Rifles on June 05, 2015, 09:45:09 AM
Quote from: Ubercat on June 05, 2015, 09:28:41 AM
Quote from: Airborne Rifles on June 05, 2015, 09:11:59 AM
No gaming for me this weekend. Moving into a new place, then heading to Michigan with the family for vacation.

Where in MI? It's my home state.

Mackinac Island, spending some time there with the wife's family.

I love Mackinac island. The bike ride around the coast is always a lot of fun. Do they live there over the winter? I always wonder what people do for work in the off season.

No, they just vacation there, but we're also fascinated by what the locals do all winter. My father-in-law, brother-in-law and myself have mused about finding a winter caretaker job up there some year and finding out!

Nefaro

#32
Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 05, 2015, 02:21:58 PM
Shawshank Redemption?

LOL.  No.


The aforementioned dialog is at 1:13  .. and brilliant.




"Vicky" the Alcatraz Tour Guide from
So I Married An Axe Murderer

Tragically underrated old Mike Meyers movie.


vyshka

Probably will play some Football Manager 15. Also eyeing XCOM: EU, Galactic Civilizations III, and Elite: Dangerous. Distant Worlds might beat out Gal Civ 3 though.

Father Ted

Quote from: Airborne Rifles on June 05, 2015, 10:14:02 PM

No, they just vacation there, but we're also fascinated by what the locals do all winter. My father-in-law, brother-in-law and myself have mused about finding a winter caretaker job up there some year and finding out!

You have seen The Shining, right?

Dammit Carl!

With drill weekend going down, I don't see too much of anything in my future - maybe.   :'(


Barthheart

Quote from: Father Ted on June 06, 2015, 02:00:05 PM
Quote from: Airborne Rifles on June 05, 2015, 10:14:02 PM

No, they just vacation there, but we're also fascinated by what the locals do all winter. My father-in-law, brother-in-law and myself have mused about finding a winter caretaker job up there some year and finding out!

You have seen The Shining, right?

LOL!

Martok

Quote from: Airborne Rifles on June 05, 2015, 09:11:59 AM
No gaming for me this weekend. Moving into a new place, then heading to Michigan with the family for vacation.
Good luck with the move!  Hope all goes well.  O0 


It's been a similar story for me.  I've spent most of the weekend moving stuff to my new place, so haven't had much time for gaming.  (Fortunately, it's only a 15-minute drive away.)  I managed to squeeze in two short sessions of Birth of the Federation plus maybe an hour in my Mercian campaign in Medieval Total War/Viking Invasion, but that's been it. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Arctic Blast

Just a bit of BF4 for me this weekend. I find myself wondering why I keep buying new games.

Of course, I'll do so in stupid quantities during the Steam sale. Sigh...

vyshka

Quote from: vyshka on June 05, 2015, 11:33:25 PM
Probably will play some Football Manager 15. Also eyeing XCOM: EU, Galactic Civilizations III, and Elite: Dangerous. Distant Worlds might beat out Gal Civ 3 though.

In the end I spent pretty much all my time playing Elite: Dangerous. I ended up trading in my hauler and sidewinder, and picked up a cobra. I also picked up a little puzzle game on Steam called
TIS-100 which involves some primitive assembly programming, and played a few hours of that. I might spend a little bit of time on one of the other games tonight, but most likely not. Too many games, too little time.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on June 05, 2015, 08:29:35 AM
Quote from: undercovergeek on June 05, 2015, 07:20:43 AM
XCOM - Long War

SHIV

CMBS PBEM with Judge 'Charge of the Light Brigade' Dredd

  SHIV vanilla, Invisible, some boardgames and maybe some Attila and CLoD.

   As it happened I played ARMAIII (with the old terrains), CLoD, Invisible, boardgames and not much SHIV vanilla.

Sir Slash

I think I wasted most of my precious gaming time this weekend chasing ghosts in SH 4. Running after Japanese ships that you can never catch and then playing the U-Boat add-on where I chased ghost Allied ships that I can never catch. Then there was the "Odd Moments" where a contact off Japanese held Guam turned out to be 2 American tankers sailing all alone 70 miles off a major enemy base.  :idiot2: Really? Now I remember why I had put this one down quite a while back.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 08, 2015, 10:44:53 AM
I think I wasted most of my precious gaming time this weekend chasing ghosts in SH 4. Running after Japanese ships that you can never catch and then playing the U-Boat add-on where I chased ghost Allied ships that I can never catch. Then there was the "Odd Moments" where a contact off Japanese held Guam turned out to be 2 American tankers sailing all alone 70 miles off a major enemy base.  :idiot2: Really? Now I remember why I had put this one down quite a while back.

  I'm pretty sure that back when I played a lot of SHIV -- that I had a lot of mods installed.  I might do that, but these days flight sims seem to be getting most of my simulation time.  I might get the MiG15 in DCS some time soon, if I manage to fly the F-86 in an okay fashion.
  BUT at the moment CLoD is very popular with me as are ARMAIII and Invisible.  So who knows?

Tuna

Played some DOTA 2 with my 19 year old, he's been asking me to play.
Played a lot of Star Drive 2.. I just love this game, designing you're ships seems to have 'meaning' in this game!

Huw the Poo

Quote from: Tuna on June 08, 2015, 11:51:54 AM
Played some DOTA 2 with my 19 year old, he's been asking me to play.

Wooo!  How did you find it?  I've been gearing up to jump back in at some point myself, with The International coming up; it always gets me excited for the game again.