DVG's Tiger Leader

Started by BanzaiCat, June 06, 2015, 08:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Quote from: Cyrano on September 17, 2015, 09:15:31 AM
Hey, Vance, remember that AWESOME time at Origins when CoolStuffInc. had a copy on the shelf for $65 and YOU didn't have it at HOME yet?

Yeah, that was AWESOME.

Everyone's a comedian.... where's my $20! ($47.50 CDN)  >:(

panzerde

Quote from: Barthheart on September 17, 2015, 09:33:17 AM

I'm glad you mentioned that. I tried to send you $20 Paypal a month or two back, but screwed something up and it came back. It slipped my mind. Fortunately, Cyrano provoked you again, serving as an excellent reminder that I owed you the $20 he gave me to pay you.

So it's on the way via PayPal again. Hopefully. Maybe.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Barthheart

Quote from: panzerde on September 21, 2015, 06:03:02 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on September 17, 2015, 09:33:17 AM

I'm glad you mentioned that. I tried to send you $20 Paypal a month or two back, but screwed something up and it came back. It slipped my mind. Fortunately, Cyrano provoked you again, serving as an excellent reminder that I owed you the $20 he gave me to pay you.

So it's on the way via PayPal again. Hopefully. Maybe.

Woohoo! It made it. Now I can buy beer again.  O0
Ok Jim, Doug saved yer butt.... this time..... >:D

panzerde

I'm glad you're buying beer with it. I was worried there for a minute that you might be planning on buying peach schnapps.  :'(

Barthheart

Quote from: panzerde on September 21, 2015, 07:09:02 PM
I'm glad you're buying beer with it. I was worried there for a minute that you might be planning on buying peach schnapps.  :'(

PanzersEast

I had a chance to print and sleeve the upgrade kit v1.2 and run through a Campaign with the Blitz of Italy 1943.  The mechanics have been cleaned up and during the start of the third week I had to abandon the campaign as I lost one of my Panther and Elephant tanks and a Half Track and 2 commanders.  With just 6 so per week and a -2 because of a Artillery site, I was not going to get much further.  While I enjoyed the game, overall if you did not like the original rules and game-play this is not going to change your mind.  It is odd as I have mixed feelings about this one and may play another campaign or two before I decide where it stands in all of the DVG games I have.  I  have all of the Leader Series games and only miss Alexander in the Field Commander series (I will get eventually).

PE

Cyrano

Has there been any word on the availability of the printed update kit?

I've been poking around what I thought were the relevant websites, but have found nothing.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Barthheart

The upgrade kit is being printed with the Sherman Leader game, or at least that's what I heard last, so a while to wait yet.....  :P

Anyone want my copy? Cheap?

Cyrano

There's a representation on the website that the update kits would be provided at no charge other than shipping?

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Barthheart

That is correct, no charge except for shipping... Or free shipping if you order another game....

panzerde

Quote from: Barthheart on March 31, 2016, 12:11:40 PM
The upgrade kit is being printed with the Sherman Leader game, or at least that's what I heard last, so a while to wait yet.....  :P

Anyone want my copy? Cheap?

You know, I bet you would like this game if it didn't start you on the same position in the galaxy every time.  :tickedoff:

Cyrano

OK, Vance's rage aside, and Doug's bemused poking at my favorite Canadian (other than Stan Rogers, of course, but he's dead), is this thing available somewhere?

Gah!

Barthheart

Quote from: Cyrano on March 31, 2016, 04:41:38 PM
OK, Vance's rage aside, and Doug's bemused poking at my favorite Canadian (other than Stan Rogers, of course, but he's dead), is this thing available somewhere?

Gah!

No it is not. I repeat, it's not being printed alone. It is waiting until Sherman Leader is being printed to reduce the cost of printing. Only then will it be available.

Now having said all that, there is a print and play prerelease version alvailable on BGG... But, to me, it didn't improve the game just added more different rules....  :P

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Cyrano on March 31, 2016, 04:41:38 PMis this thing available somewhere?

I suspect that if you wanted it, Vance could make a copy available at Origins ;)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Cyrano

Oh, the angry mounty remains dear to me...I counsel him, however, to re-read his earlier remarks and realize it was not at all clear that we were to wait until Sherman Leader comes out.

Which I must figure out some cunning way to get him to by.

Perhaps moose pheromones...