GG War in the East on Steam

Started by Asid, July 08, 2015, 03:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Asid

War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Barthheart

Really..... Maybe it will become cheap enough to afford..... ???

steve58

I suspect it'll be priced same as their own store...just like Command was.  But then there are the inevitable Steam sales...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Swatter

As time goes on, I become more and more disenchanted with Matrix and their pricing model and justifications they use to defend it. If they just lowered their prices on their premium games, they would get many more people willing to give those hardcore games a try. You can mentally justify a risky $40 purchase, but $80-$90 is a totally different story. At least a dozen times this year I got an itch to play a niche game and I checked out the niche offerings at Matrix. They want top dollar on games that are often approaching a decade old (games that are often extremely flawed). Out of maybe a dozen times I was willing to spend 20- 40 dollars on a risky purchase, they walked away with only one sale and I regret that purchase because I am doing nothing but feeding their flawed pricing model. At one time I was proud to patronize Matrix, but not anymore.

JasonPratt

Welp, time to register another from the library!  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Rayfer

Quote from: Swatter on July 08, 2015, 04:26:26 PM
As time goes on, I become more and more disenchanted with Matrix and their pricing model and justifications they use to defend it. If they just lowered their prices on their premium games, they would get many more people willing to give those hardcore games a try. You can mentally justify a risky $40 purchase, but $80-$90 is a totally different story. At least a dozen times this year I got an itch to play a niche game and I checked out the niche offerings at Matrix. They want top dollar on games that are often approaching a decade old (games that are often extremely flawed). Out of maybe a dozen times I was willing to spend 20- 40 dollars on a risky purchase, they walked away with only one sale and I regret that purchase because I am doing nothing but feeding their flawed pricing model. At one time I was proud to patronize Matrix, but not anymore.

Swatter....but as more and more of their games go onto Steam they are put on sale more frequently and with greater discounts. I got Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations in their recent summer sale for 50% off....not bad for a $79.99 game.

Dammit Carl!

That, and the Humble Bundle deal they had a few weeks  back should awaken the Matrix folks to the idea that you can sell more games at a reasonable price and do better than keeping a premium price on a software that is nearly a decade old and never sell any of 'em.

At least one can hope.

chemkid

wonder if steam makes the 'german discount' available to german customers... ?
amazon still sells(german language version) for approx. 10 euros and retail usually has the game for 5...

http://www.amazon.de/Gary-Grigsbys-War-East-German-Soviet/dp/B004S93TW0

cheers!
chem!


Asid

Quote from: chemkid on July 09, 2015, 09:28:29 AM
wonder if steam makes the 'german discount' available to german customers... ?
amazon still sells(german language version) for approx. 10 euros and retail usually has the game for 5...

http://www.amazon.de/Gary-Grigsbys-War-East-German-Soviet/dp/B004S93TW0

cheers!
chem!

It can be used with English language :)
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Asid

Hi Chemkid

I have been following your map mod of  Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809. Great work  O0

Will the official patch ever come out????

Regards
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

chemkid

#10
Quote from: Asid on July 09, 2015, 09:59:42 AM
Hi Chemkid

I have been following your map mod of  Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809. Great work  O0

Will the official patch ever come out????

Regards
thank you! ...and, yeah, i hope so, too... frank uploaded the 3.04 patch almost one month ago - it's with matrix...  :(
was real fun re-making a 'fresh' map and counters for that game - really hope for the on/off switch for the grid-overlay,
frank mentioned something about that it'll be available again!  :)

chemkid

#11
again!  :( - always hit 'quote' instead of 'modify'!! aargh!  :-[

chemkid


Jarhead0331

Game is live on Steam and at a 30% discount!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Swatter

If Grigsby would have stuck to Corps scale units, I would have liked the game a lot more.