Total War: Warhammer

Started by Rayfer, July 17, 2015, 10:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

How do you even measure a Wight for Plate Armor size? With a 'white' tape measure? And would the pieces have to be labeled 'Wight-Side Up'? This could get confusing.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Get off my cloud brah I'm spinning over here.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 20, 2016, 10:32:57 PM
How do you even measure a Wight for Plate Armor size? With a 'white' tape measure? And would the pieces have to be labeled 'Wight-Side Up'? This could get confusing.

Being long dead warriors from the past, presumably they were buried in it.  ;)

Rather Tolkien-esque

Sir Slash

Good thing death doesn't add or retract from the old waistline.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

undercovergeek

Got back into the dwarf campaign last night - turn 55, orcs eradicated apart from 2 castles at the very top of the misty mountains - red eye goblin clan - as suspected I'm going to have to initiate a dwarven civil war - grave times and very gw-ish

FlickJax

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 21, 2016, 12:50:23 PM
Good thing death doesn't add or retract from the old waistline.

Cynic :)

JudgeDredd

I'm drowning in this game.

With the other TW series, you could get through without really knowing the era or much about the units and the campaign was there for you...you knew about factions around you and how they may benefit/hinder your progress.

I know nothing about the TW world and so with the magic and the different lore and upgrades not to mention not really understanding what I'm meant to be "achieving" and who could hinder/help, I'm kind of lost.

I love it - but I'm lost.
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

I will be right there with you soon. However I do have copies of Thunder and Steel as well as The Vampire Wars at the ready.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: JudgeDredd on December 22, 2016, 04:30:41 AM
I'm drowning in this game.

With the other TW series, you could get through without really knowing the era or much about the units and the campaign was there for you...you knew about factions around you and how they may benefit/hinder your progress.

I know nothing about the TW world and so with the magic and the different lore and upgrades not to mention not really understanding what I'm meant to be "achieving" and who could hinder/help, I'm kind of lost.

I love it - but I'm lost.

I didn't think there was anything to it.

If you're familiar with the typical fantasy game genre, this isn't much different other than the theme being a bit darker.

Humans, Dwarves, Elves, Orcs/Goblins.  Nothing you haven't seen before. 

*shrug*

My only familiarity comes from the RPG... thirty years ago.  I didn't know who the hell all these named heroes are, nor some of the race specifics and troop types (which came from the minis wargame which I never explored). 

Don't need any background knowledge!  :-"

undercovergeek

Being familiar with the lore and table top game I never thought of it from JDs point of view, however nef is right - just because they're called reiklander spearmen or nuln swordsmen doesn't mean they're not spearmen and swords men of old they've just got some character to them now - it's still archer beat infantry, cavalry beat archers, spear men beat cavalry just in fancy costumes

Nefaro

Summary:

Humans are Late Medieval Holy Roman Empire flavored.  Complete with smaller fairly independent states within.

The rest is all Tolkien-derived fantasy with a darker, and possibly more xenophobic, bent.  Albeit "high fantasy" since wizards throw fireballs 'n shit.  It's Dark D&D.  <:-) 

Geezer

Was hoping some of the DLC might be on sale at Steam but no such luck.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

you can have a free grey wizard!!

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd