Total War: Warhammer

Started by Rayfer, July 17, 2015, 10:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undercovergeek

Quote from: Gusington on September 29, 2017, 02:21:26 PM
Looking forward to see what kinds of things can be traded. Newt eyes? Lizard gizzards? Wizard sleeves?

I dread to ask, but you are familiar with a wizards sleeve?

undercovergeek

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 29, 2017, 02:28:23 PM
Review over at the Wargamer. Says the combat is over too quickly and not as tactical as Shogun 2 days but no worse than Warhammer 1. Overall positive. But, no Humans in this one? Can that be right?

I'd be surprised if there isn't already a mod - a complaint made every time it releases

Toonces

I'm holding out for the package deal, like Warhammer Ultimate Edition with all the DLCs ala Rome 2 before I pick it up.  Which means I'll be getting WH2 in about 5 years...   ::)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on September 29, 2017, 03:28:32 PM
Quote from: Gusington on September 29, 2017, 02:21:26 PM
Looking forward to see what kinds of things can be traded. Newt eyes? Lizard gizzards? Wizard sleeves?

I dread to ask, but you are familiar with a wizards sleeve?

Hrmm.. Wizard's Sleeve.

Closely related to the Axe Wound and the Roast Beef Curtains, as I recall.

Gusington

I give you guys these low slow meatballs and never get thanked.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Thank you Meatball Master.  :notworthy:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Well my TW:W decides to crap the bed and not run. Having issues with both this and dark souls 2.  I know both games have run in the past but now not loading. Grrrrr
Insert witty comment here.

Nefaro

Quote from: jamus34 on October 01, 2017, 04:18:38 PM
Well my TW:W decides to crap the bed and not run. Having issues with both this and dark souls 2.  I know both games have run in the past but now not loading. Grrrrr

More than one stops working at the same time?

Coincidence?   Could be a driver or hardware issue that cropped up. 

Be aware that Windows 10 will just automatically download & install new video card drivers, through Windows update, without informing you.  That gave me an issue a few months back.  The registry fix doesn't really stop it from doing so anymore, either.  :tickedoff:

Nvidia drivers have been buggy POSes in the past year, too.  Seems like every fix results in one or two new bugs that they can't figure out.

jamus34

Quote from: Nefaro on October 02, 2017, 09:22:47 AM
Quote from: jamus34 on October 01, 2017, 04:18:38 PM

More than one stops working at the same time?

Coincidence?   Could be a driver or hardware issue that cropped up. 

Be aware that Windows 10 will just automatically download & install new video card drivers, through Windows update, without informing you.  That gave me an issue a few months back.  The registry fix doesn't really stop it from doing so anymore, either.  :tickedoff:

Nvidia drivers have been buggy POSes in the past year, too.  Seems like every fix results in one or two new bugs that they can't figure out.

Yup the only thing I can think of that was recently updated was my nvidia driver. Will probably uninstall and try to roll back to an older version.

jamus34

So it turns out my msi afterburner software was causing the issue. Weird because I haven't updated that software in a while.

Nefaro

Quote from: jamus34 on October 03, 2017, 06:59:09 AM
So it turns out my msi afterburner software was causing the issue. Weird because I haven't updated that software in a while.

Conflict with new video drivers, I suppose?

Hrmm..   Now I'll have to check & see if I have that MSI mobo software installed on my desktop. 

Like I said, Nvidia has been having some shit driver releases.  Unfortunately, Win10 kept reinstalling new versions after I uninstalled & replaced with an older one.  Worst "feature" of Win10 I've had to deal with.  :pullhair:

Gusington

Win10 disagrees with you and would like a word with you alone.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Quote from: Nefaro on October 03, 2017, 09:38:20 AM

Hrmm..   Now I'll have to check & see if I have that MSI mobo software installed on my desktop. 

Like I said, Nvidia has been having some shit driver releases.  Unfortunately, Win10 kept reinstalling new versions after I uninstalled & replaced with an older one.  Worst "feature" of Win10 I've had to deal with.  :pullhair:

You would think if that was the case when I rolled back my vid card driver it should have fixed the issue regardless. It did not.

Nefaro

Quote from: jamus34 on October 03, 2017, 11:03:41 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on October 03, 2017, 09:38:20 AM

You would think if that was the case when I rolled back my vid card driver it should have fixed the issue regardless. It did not.

The last Nvidia driver I recalled not having many leftover bugs & side effects was from around October 2016.  For months, there were some really buggy releases and their ongoing issue list, in the driver notes, kept growing. 

I tried reverting to the last ones I considered good.  Twice.  Win10 would secretly re-download a newer version every time, very shortly thereafter.  Within minutes, even.  Frustrating.  :tickedoff:

Maybe their drivers have improved in the past month or two, dunno.  Nvidia was dropping the ball for quite awhile and Win10 wasn't helping workarounds at all.  That's not to say some screwy stuff in Total War wasn't the conflict.  Just warning about an increased rate of issues with Nvidia drivers in the past year.