Main Menu

Total War: Warhammer

Started by Rayfer, July 17, 2015, 10:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Toonces on January 14, 2016, 04:21:34 PM
No, I'm just here to watch you guys all buy this on Day 1, only to lament all the problems it has, and how you should have waited, and so on....I can't wait for that thread.

Nope, not me.....I rarely notice all the issues other people mention, just not experienced enough to know there are problems....even if not great on release, mainly purchased early to get at a great price.....no big deal if it ends up needing a little time afterwards

Gusington

Rome 2 did have its issues and it was not a fantastic release but...some [TWC] are prone to extreme negative exaggeration.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

its the same at RPS - there are still people out there who can honestly type in - 'i heard it was shit at release and still is so im never going back'

assholes

Gusington

Ha let your grumpy olde man flow
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FlickJax

Quote from: undercovergeek on January 14, 2016, 06:33:26 PM
its the same at RPS - there are still people out there who can honestly type in - 'i heard it was shit at release and still is so im never going back'

assholes

Their loss

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on January 14, 2016, 06:08:57 PM
Quote from: Toonces on January 14, 2016, 04:21:34 PM
No, I'm just here to watch you guys all buy this on Day 1, only to lament all the problems it has, and how you should have waited, and so on....I can't wait for that thread.

Nope, not me.....I rarely notice all the issues other people mention, just not experienced enough to know there are problems....even if not great on release, mainly purchased early to get at a great price.....no big deal if it ends up needing a little time afterwards
I'm the same. I'm just not knowledgeable enough about the game and it's mechanics to make any assertions on it's gameplay.

Things like graphical issues will always stand out - but not the detail in the code and AI.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

undercovergeek


JudgeDredd

lol - I know, eh?  :D

When TW:ROME 2 was released (is that how you say it? I can never remember which way round the names are!) I didn't notice anything odd (again, apart from stuck AI units and acting a bit crazy). I certainly didn't see some of the deeper issues people were pointing out - until of course they were pointed out

But it takes someone of higher intelligence to spot them for me  :))
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Toonces

Man, you guys suck.  I'm going back to simhq where people can whine properly!   :tickedoff:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Jarhead0331

I've said it several times, the Total War series is one of the greatest historical strategy series ever made, period. Regardless of any alleged flaws, real or perceived. There is simply nothing else out there that does it better. TW hits so many sweet spots in so many different ways. Still, haters are gonna hate.

Personally, I don't really want to talk about warhammer now because it's not expected until, what, late April, or early May? That feels like a really long time from now....
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


undercovergeek

Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 15, 2016, 05:43:58 AM
lol - I know, eh?  :D

When TW:ROME 2 was released (is that how you say it? I can never remember which way round the names are!) I didn't notice anything odd (again, apart from stuck AI units and acting a bit crazy). I certainly didn't see some of the deeper issues people were pointing out - until of course they were pointed out

But it takes someone of higher intelligence to spot them for me  :))

Lol, you misunderstand - I'm in complete agreement with you, Rome 2 was fine for me, don't care if the cloaks flutter into the wind, ladders don't reach the top of walls or whatever else whiny bitching went on

The shocked face was for your reappearance - we've been a jock down since before Christmas

JudgeDredd

oh

Forced exile for a bit. Back and feeling goo-oooo--d  :2funny:

I'm not letting the jocks go unrepresented
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

bob48

Quote from: JudgeDredd on January 15, 2016, 07:51:10 AM
oh

Forced exile for a bit. Back and feeling goo-oooo--d  :2funny:

I'm not letting the jocks go unrepresented

:-))
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

TW: Rome More Totaller 2 is most properest.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: undercovergeek on January 14, 2016, 04:46:08 PM
Quote from: Toonces on January 14, 2016, 04:21:34 PM
No, I'm just here to watch you guys all buy this on Day 1, only to lament all the problems it has, and how you should have waited, and so on....I can't wait for that thread.

i wouldnt have even joined that thread on rome 2s notorious release day, i found nothing wrong with the game at all on my system


I did.  Boats & soldiers clipping underneath and through hills.  Sometimes "warping" forward/back when doing so.  Looping & paralyzed AI in siege battles, and in those ridiculous little capture points on the open maps (which they very wisely removed in a patch).  The occasional lock-up during AI turn resolution.  Bad optimization on the strategic map causes excessive stutters.  Etc.

It was a long list.   I played TW Rome 2 quite a bit after it's release, so I witnessed numerous bugs.  The Angry Joe Review was spot-on, and didn't even mention all the bugs.

Fortunately Rome 2 was steadily patched up.   I have few complaints about it after many updates. 


I hope TW Warhammer isn't as buggy as that was.  I expect it to have some issues, but hopefully it doesn't require 14+ updates over a 6 month period to get them all smoothed out.