Total War: Warhammer

Started by Rayfer, July 17, 2015, 10:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

This is a PERFECT example of what I've been talking about in a few other threads.

About people who buy virtually everything that gets released, plenty of crap included, but then for reasons unknown, dig their heels in and refuse to buy an obviously spectacular, AAA title that has all the hallmarks of something they would enjoy, and by the way, is reasonably priced and available in certain online retail outlets at a steep discount.

This makes no sense to me.

I realize this post contributes absolutely nothing to the thread though, so carry on.  :uglystupid2:

...but thanks for giving me the opportunity to demonstrate this point, Gus.  :smitten:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Fetrik

Quote from: Gusington on May 26, 2016, 07:37:41 AM
Are there seasons in his campaign?

Yes! There is asswopping season, then there is severe asswhopping season and finally there is severe beatdown season.
All done with huge axes and hammers wielded by your local chaos warrior/black orc.  :knuppel2:

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Fetrik on May 26, 2016, 12:32:23 PM

All done with huge axes and hammers wielded by your local chaos warrior/black orc.  :knuppel2:

Are you suggesting that only "black" orcs wield axes and hammers? 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Hahaha thank you Fetrik. Is there a wabbit season?

For JH all I can say is that I don't really buy that many games...I have a back log of about 10-15 games that I never even cracked open yet so I feel guilt over not even touching those titles. Then there's titles that I did try out just couldn't wrap my brain around after a few hours of play.

Then of course there was the well-founded fear that the launch of TW:W would be less than stellar, a la Rome 2. Well that appears to not be the case so here I am now looking for the best price, fearing that as soon as I buy it a lower price will appear.

All this is moot however as I will probably cave and buy it this weekend so I can get he Chaos faction for no extra charge :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

I bet you buy it Friday night.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

GeneralHawk

Quick write up of my Empire Campaign.  A couple of notes:

a.  My auto complete vs fighting myself ratio is about 50/50, i go by feel and as well as fun factor....sometimes I'll fight even though I know odds I will lose but I know I can inflict more losses even while losing and retreating to allow defense in depth vassal, allied and my own stacks to move in afterwards)

b.  I have a dwarf campaign going and they play very differently.

so...For Sigmar!

1.  I am on turn 145ish of a very hard empire campaign. Karl Franz start, never fought humans except to take marienburg, have now united all of the empire provinces thru confederation.

2. Even if chances are low, try and use diplomacy helps them like you a bit each time and thus by now I have 4 southern kharaks as my vassals. They patrol my borders and are quite effective in war targeting northern invasion and chaos invasions.

3. Bretonnia takes time but support the main faction as they have conquered all south of mountains and are now my allies.  My entire southern flank is secured and allied or vassals.

4.  Main dawi empire also allied and letting them handle counts.

5.  Use Kislev as buffer. Most of Kislev anything northeast of erengard and their capital is now razed and a wasteland due to chaos. I am doing all I can to help them.  Very scary and eery up there....

6.  Current frontline is wolfenburg where I keep two or three semi full stacks holding the line against chaos backed by dawi vassals who roam and help as needed.

7. I have multiple witch hunters operating NE of frontline harassing chaos and are my eyes. Counts are a threat but they know chaos is more dangerous.

8.  Use reikland and wissenland provinces as economic hub while tac, wolfen, middenheim focus on military production and def.
My northern coast is mostly razed as I can't effectively hold except the big nordland capital as my forward base to check incursions from across the sea.

9.  Overall I am getting stronger but it's gonna take time and many variables can lead to the fall of the empire, especially as Karl Franz is in the badlands questing but Balthazar and my top lords are all holding the frontier for now....

Conclusion: Epic game :) from the mechanics to the tac and strat gameplay, love the ai...both for me and against me it plays smart, dynamic and better than any game i have ever played. This game is a masterpiece! (not to mention the boatload of added content to come!)
Gundog for life
D Co 2-35 IN
3 BDE 25th ID
OEF/OIF

Gusington

Thank you General.

Mirth if I wait for 1201am Saturday morning do I win?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on May 26, 2016, 01:44:16 PM

Yes. And your prize shall be a date with Goatfury.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Fetrik

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 26, 2016, 12:39:43 PM
Are you suggesting that only "black" orcs wield axes and hammers?

We all know that the axes and hammers wielded by the stunties aren't exactly huge. All dwarf women will agree.  :P

Quote from: Gusington on May 26, 2016, 01:44:16 PM
I almost bought and gifted you the game, just to spite you. Buuuut then i thought naah, you'll buy it soon enough anyway.   O0

mirth

Feel free to gift it to me :P

Fetrik

Quote from: mirth on May 26, 2016, 02:31:05 PM
Feel free to gift it to me :P

No i will not! If you want it you will buy it on your own.  >:D
And i offer you all my humble review to all the guys and gals still on the fence.

Best TW game since MTW (unmodded).

Gusington

^Them's be fighting words in this crowd...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Skwerl on May 26, 2016, 06:56:34 AM
GR - Thanks for the link!  I've started the campaign game twice, and got my ass comprehensively kicked both times (even though I win most of the tactical battles without too much trouble).  I guess it's going to be the easy setting for me until I figure out what's going on.

I've learned that I am just not very good at these games, so I have no issue with playing on the easiest setting:)  I still get my butt kicked anyways! 

JasonPratt

While I have already bought it, I'm going to hold off playing it until Bretonnia is released, allowing the first round of bug hunts to succeed as well.  O:-)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

joram

Quote from: Gusington on May 26, 2016, 12:46:25 PM
Hahaha thank you Fetrik. Is there a wabbit season?

For JH all I can say is that I don't really buy that many games...I have a back log of about 10-15 games that I never even cracked open yet so I feel guilt over not even touching those titles. Then there's titles that I did try out just couldn't wrap my brain around after a few hours of play.

Then of course there was the well-founded fear that the launch of TW:W would be less than stellar, a la Rome 2. Well that appears to not be the case so here I am now looking for the best price, fearing that as soon as I buy it a lower price will appear.

All this is moot however as I will probably cave and buy it this weekend so I can get he Chaos faction for no extra charge :)

Stay the course Gus.  Why spend full price for something you're barely going to touch.   By Christmas you'll be able to buy the main game and more than one expansion for the same price as now.  I guarantee it.  I envy those with unlimited time and discretionary income to snap up everything under the sun but what's the point?