Main Menu

Total War: Warhammer

Started by Rayfer, July 17, 2015, 10:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Gusington

Haven't bought it yet and it's almost Saturday!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on May 27, 2016, 10:32:19 PM
Haven't bought it yet and it's almost Saturday!

I bought it.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mikeck

I'm having the game freeze whenever i start a campaign with a faction leader that starts in a battle. Just drops back to the steam screen. If I pick a campaign with the faction leader that gives me the "warning, this leader doesn't get a starting battle" message, it's fine. I have no problem loading quick battles so I don't think there is an issue there...any thoughts?

I googled the hell out of it but seems unique
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Cyrano

The quest scenario where the Empire has to hold off swarms of Norse raiders is one of the best times I've had in one of these TW games.

An open plain, simplified formations, flank and rear attacks, and all of the silliness of Warhammer with none of the regret caused by buying last month's figures rather than those appearing on this month's cover of "White Dwarf".

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Gusington

Mirth you lying liar. 6 minutes left.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Quote from: Gusington on May 27, 2016, 10:54:34 PM
Mirth you lying liar. 6 minutes left.

Yep.And I've owned it for an hour.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

tgb

So is this "Chaos invasion" this game's version of the Realm Divide?  Is there a mod to turn it off?

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: tgb on May 28, 2016, 06:15:48 AM
So is this "Chaos invasion" this game's version of the Realm Divide?  Is there a mod to turn it off?

Not sure if I have seen a turn off option...but did see this mod where it appears you can at least delay it.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=691279367&searchtext=

mikeck

Thinking on it, I bet there is a movie that plays before the battle. No movie for the guys who don't go into battle. So my bet is that I'm unable to start/play the movie. So really, I need a way to turn the movies off.
I looked for an option but found none
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: mikeck on May 28, 2016, 11:31:12 AM
Thinking on it, I bet there is a movie that plays before the battle. No movie for the guys who don't go into battle. So my bet is that I'm unable to start/play the movie. So really, I need a way to turn the movies off.
I looked for an option but found none

When you start a campaign, there is a checkbox on the portrait of your leader, when you select them at the top....it turns off the tutorial things and may also turn off some of what your seeing...might be worth a shot...but of course, you wouldn't be able to play in tutorial mode.

Swatter

Quote from: Gusington on May 27, 2016, 07:05:35 AM
Swatter I own a WH vampire omnibus...ironically titles The Vampire Wars. It is a bit older but there are still copies available at Amazon in softcover.

Still did not purchase :)

Thanks, I picked it up!

Gusington

^Sure. I am going to play the Vampire Counts first (when I finally cave) and will be reading the Vampire Omnibus first. There's of course other stuff out there but it can be a chore to pour through everything if you are not that familiar with WH, like me.

Also, resist the urge to get almost anything from the Black Library, it's typically very overpriced and everything there can be found for less money.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mikeck

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on May 28, 2016, 11:41:49 AM
Quote from: mikeck on May 28, 2016, 11:31:12 AM
Thinking on it, I bet there is a movie that plays before the battle. No movie for the guys who don't go into battle. So my bet is that I'm unable to start/play the movie. So really, I need a way to turn the movies off.
I looked for an option but found none

When you start a campaign, there is a checkbox on the portrait of your leader, when you select them at the top....it turns off the tutorial things and may also turn off some of what your seeing...might be worth a shot...but of course, you wouldn't be able to play in tutorial mode.

Forgot that I do get the movie cut sequence but then when I exit out Nicos to load the campaign is when it gets stuck . But,  I disabled the tutorial and it worked!
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on May 28, 2016, 02:45:30 PM
^Sure. I am going to play the Vampire Counts first (when I finally cave) and will be reading the Vampire Omnibus first. There's of course other stuff out there but it can be a chore to pour through everything if you are not that familiar with WH, like me.

Also, resist the urge to get almost anything from the Black Library, it's typically very overpriced and everything there can be found for less money.


Better decide to cave before Tuesday morning; the last chance for getting the Chaos DLC free. 

Judging by how well received TWW has been, I doubt it will be on sale for awhile.


Nefaro

My Greenskins campaign has been a brutal back & forth.


I'm winning the big battles, but the war has been extremely slow progress compared to other TWs.  Despite being allied to a couple other Greenskin clans, everyone else inevitably DOWs me and will send an army to take a settlement on a regular basis. 

Fortunately my two armies have been raiding & attacking enough to get a regular WAAAGH going, so I'm not wholly defensive.