Main Menu

Total War: Warhammer

Started by Rayfer, July 17, 2015, 10:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Freyland

Just remember that your "Extra Happiness" mod will change the balance a bit, and SFO has the "Happiness Matters" mod incorporated, so economy is also driven by population satisfaction.
Since I don't mod, and don't know how to use PackFileManager, I have resigned myself to just SFO... however, this is not a bad thing!

undercovergeek

It's happiness matters I have so we're all good - I'm a good way into a dwarf campaign - is it a save breaker?

Nefaro

Quote from: Freyland on November 17, 2016, 03:06:49 PM


Be aware that almost no mods are compatible; I use a battle camera, a campaign camera mod, a LOD mod and a weather mod.


Tell me about these camera and weather/detail mods.

I recall the two default camera settings not being quite ideal.  The latter two for better performance or visibility?


Freyland

Definitely not save game compatible and will probably crash your game if you try. You can, of course, enable the mod for a new campaign and disable it for your older one.

Better Camera Mod-- improves ceiling and floor of battle camera. Doesn't cause clipping nearly as much as other camera mods.
Olympian Camera Mod, Waaaag edition-- improved ceiling and floor of campaign camera.
Don't recall the names of the two weather mods available; one supposedly pretties up certain weather effects, and the other reduces the obnoxious red tone of fighting on corrupted lands. The former doesn't seem to be a big deal, and i plan to install the latter tonight because I am playing Beastmen and the visual quality sucks when everything is so red.
LOD Remover-- eliminates low textures used at a distance. A must for me.

Nefaro


Freyland

I'm just glad I actually have something to contribute other than questionably funny one-liners.

Gusington

^I hope to get there one day.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

I still await my beloved Bret faction. But I may spring to play the elves.

{insert dog-pun photo meme here}

Does the updated base game include the Beastmen and other releases as opponents? -- not as playable factions, I understand, have to pay for that. By the same token, presumably the wood elves would be opponents now in the base game, just not playable without paying to play? (Like Chaos at release.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Freyland

Correct, all dlc factions will be in your game as opponents, just not playable.

Martok

What Ents would be like if they were *really* scary... 







Quote from: Gusington on November 18, 2016, 07:23:48 PM
^I hope to get there one day.
Don't sell yourself short, Gus.  Damn near all your stuff is A material.  (The only reason I don't quote you all the time is because otherwise my posts would become obnoxious to read.)  8) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

^You are a kind and generous friend.

The Treemen look freaky. Too freaky, actually. Some of this DLC I just can't wrap my brain around. It's just too out there for me.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Freyland

Lol, it you are using my posts as a bar to reach, allow me to quote every motivational poster out there and say, "Aim Higher".

Gusington

^No not you (but you are kinda weird) but the last few DLCs I am just like 'wtf is going on here?'
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Freyland

^"But you are kinda weird".  ??? The committee was out for awhile on this one, but entirely decided it was positive feedback since it means someone at least noticed.  :bd:

Regarding the dlc, are you much familiar with the Warhammer Lore? I can't remember from earlier in this thread. If I can answer questions, i will try.

mikeck

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 17, 2016, 03:52:45 PM
It's happiness matters I have so we're all good - I'm a good way into a dwarf campaign - is it a save breaker?

All I can say is a while back, I activated Happiness matters mid campaign and it worked fine. As far as I know it simply changes the amounts that variables are multiplied by I order to way certain things differently. The game is constantly recalculating happiness so simply changing some numbers shouldn't crash it I wouldn't think.

If a formula is number of cities (10 let's say) divided by 5 = happiness.  Then a mod that changes it to "number of cities" / 4 shouldn't matter.

What I got was a huge jump and drop in different cities for happiness and I'm sure it screwed up the AI too
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson