Main Menu

Total War: Warhammer

Started by Rayfer, July 17, 2015, 10:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nefaro

Quote from: CptHowdy on January 28, 2018, 02:37:26 PM
been playing this for a couple of days now. started as dwarves. i have auto resolved every battle except for one that wouldnt allow it! been looking at the workshop for mods. is steel faith THE mod to get? any thoughts on Radious mod? thanks.

I haven't felt the need for any mods.  If there was one I'd bother considering, it might be the one that eliminates or reduces the chaos army invasions.  If they still spawn ridiculous amounts of them in the later game, anyway.

Dunno about the Steel Faith mod at all, but I've not used the Radious Mod in any recent TW titles.  Because the Radious Mod makes the game easier in many ways.  It's pretty much a "cheat" IMO.

JasonPratt

I hear the main prob
with Warhammer Radious:
he's working elsewhere.   O:-)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

CptHowdy

Quote from: Nefaro on January 28, 2018, 03:45:51 PM
Quote from: CptHowdy on January 28, 2018, 02:37:26 PM
been playing this for a couple of days now. started as dwarves. i have auto resolved every battle except for one that wouldnt allow it! been looking at the workshop for mods. is steel faith THE mod to get? any thoughts on Radious mod? thanks.

I haven't felt the need for any mods.  If there was one I'd bother considering, it might be the one that eliminates or reduces the chaos army invasions.  If they still spawn ridiculous amounts of them in the later game, anyway.

Dunno about the Steel Faith mod at all, but I've not used the Radious Mod in any recent TW titles.  Because the Radious Mod makes the game easier in many ways.  It's pretty much a "cheat" IMO.

yeah not looking to cheat or make easier. would like something that fixes or corrects anything that CA screwed up in the warhammer universe. examples being any units that arent represented, under or over represented, not as strong as they should be or units that are overpowered and need a nerf! skills or techs that arent based on lore etc...

JasonPratt

From what I'm hearing
Steel Faith is the way to go
for that kind of thing.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

I can comment on Radious. It's been my go to mod since Rome 2 but this game could be the first TW that doesn't really need a mod. Radious makes the early game easier giving you more money, a better economy, more units, and less Public Disorder. It might make an 'easy' faction like the Dwarves too easy, at first. Or a 'hard' faction like the Vamps more survivable in the early game. Case in point: I started two campaigns as Bretonnia, one vanilla and one Radious.

Vanilla started out with me possessing a nice sized army but most of the melee units were the almost useless 'Peasant Mobs'. I wanted to disband them in favor of better units but couldn't afford it. I had enough money to build one new building in my city and that was it. Public Order, called 'Chivalry' for these guys, began to drop. Issuing an Edict only slowed it down. Bretonnia has two enemies to the south, Marienburg and the Orks up in the mountains. Best thing to do with such crappy units and no money would've been to stay on defense but the Ork influence so near began to cause my Chivalry to drop like a rock. Stopping taxes didn't save me so I had to act. The Greenskins had one small army building but since the garrison armies are now larger, when I attacked I was outnumbered by them. The only forces I could afford to fill-out my army was the Peasant Mobs and in the battle that followed, they melted away like snow in a deep fryer. Total defeat, my King dead, and game over.  >:(

Not liking that outcome, I restarted with Radious. Immediately I had more money, enough to replace all my 'mobs' with spearmen and swordsmen, and I could afford to add new buildings that upped my income further. Chivalry was under control and I soon had enough to hire a new Lord that specialized in Chivalry to keep it up. Soon I had Treaties with nearby like-type factions and built two full strength armies. NOW I was ready to kick some ass. However, the other factions also had more money and Marienburg had built 2 armies themselves and the Orks had one and were building a second! Along with their garrison forces, they still outnumbered me.

Since neither enemy would come out and fight, I 'Raided' their territory but this actually caused my Chivalry to go down- not good.  :o  So it was back to attacking the Orks again. This lead to a two-army a piece brawl battle. Another thing Radious does is makes battles last longer by increasing morale and some unit strengths. This fight lasted almost a full hour with the AI constantly surprising me by coming at me from different directions and rallying their troops as fast as I could rout them. After this fight, I had won but my forces were badly injured. I caprtured the Ork settlement, razed it (my only option) and then one army had enough movement to return to Bretonnian territory but the second had no movement left. I kept them together so they could help each other and as soon as I hit the 'End Turn' button.... Marienburg hit me with both of their full strength armies. My troops had no where to retreat to, caught against the mountains, and were overwhelmed. Game over AGAIN!

So, two different ways to play and they both ended-up the same way, the only difference was Vanilla: 6-8 turns and Radious: 10 turns.  :'(  If you like the early game struggle and scrambling to survive, like I do, then this isn't your mod. If however you want to go straight to building armies and fighting wars, then this will suit you. It's kind of like skipping straight to the middle game. It may make the game easier for you, but it won't make it easier for you to win. My take.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Thanks Slash. I probably could have used the Radious mod for my first shamefur dispray Norsca campaign.

My current Norsca campaign is going much better. Still learning some of the new mechanics but after the initial struggle, I am at about turn 100, I have several developing cities, I am raidng Carcssone for some cash, and I am building up a 2nd badass army.

There is a lot to love in the first Warhammer TW...my next campaign will be either Bretonnia or one of those similar human factions to make things a little easier on myself. Norsca is pretty tough, as you guys warned me in some of the above posts.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Is there a Radious mod on Steam for TW: Warhammer I...?  I couldn't find one.

Sir Slash

In your Games Library, on the Game Page there should be a tab for the Workshop. Clicking on it will take you to the mods section. Radious will be in the 'Most Subscribed' section and you need both the Radious mod and the Additional Units mod together. They're quite big so it may take awhile to download.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Sir Slash

BTW, I am also playing the Dwarves with Radious and at first it was a little too easy, I pushed through the Bloody Spears with no real challenge. But now I'm coming out of the mountains and the different Ork factions along with my Dwarf allies have several large armies each. It's feels like a real war going on here with big battles and lots of maneuvering. Kind of reminds me of Fall of the Samurai which is a VERY good thing.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

How many turns does the average campaign here last? At turn 100 it feels like I am just getting started.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

I don't think TWW needs mods.  I'm not running any.  Vanilla is challenging and interesting enough on it's own.

Perhaps everyone's gained too much Mod Soup habit in past TWs?   :nerd:

Quote from: Gusington on January 29, 2018, 02:43:34 PM
How many turns does the average campaign here last? At turn 100 it feels like I am just getting started.

What campaign are you running?  The base for TWW1?  Or the base campaign for TWW2?  Or the big combined 'Mortal Empires' campaign?


solops

My TW2 Mortal Empires campaign is in turn 379. I have won a "small" victory and now I am going for the "long/big" victory. My dino-people are about to hit the beaches of Elf Island...urrah!
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 29, 2018, 02:36:38 PM
In your Games Library, on the Game Page there should be a tab for the Workshop. Clicking on it will take you to the mods section. Radious will be in the 'Most Subscribed' section and you need both the Radious mod and the Additional Units mod together. They're quite big so it may take awhile to download.

Got them both.....thanks.   :notworthy:

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.