Main Menu

Total War: Warhammer

Started by Rayfer, July 17, 2015, 10:00:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tuna

Does this load faster on SSD drives? Thinking of moving it to mine. Nothing like the "one more turn" bug before bed, and the AI challenges you to a battle, that you don't trust the AI to handle. Not only do you have to do the battle, but sometimes the loading takes forever.

JasonPratt

I don't know why it wouldn't load faster on SSD.

Come to think of it, I should really consider putting it on my SSD before I get going on it.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tuna

I know some games dont load that much faster, maybe because the time suck is due to loading into memory or something like that. I've been generally using it for Flight Sims. But so addicted to this lately, that I'm thinking it might be worth moving it.

RommelFox

Quote from: Tuna on February 15, 2018, 08:53:21 AM
Does this load faster on SSD drives? Thinking of moving it to mine. Nothing like the "one more turn" bug before bed, and the AI challenges you to a battle, that you don't trust the AI to handle. Not only do you have to do the battle, but sometimes the loading takes forever.

I've got it installed on my ssd.  That game is so resource intensive, I'll take all the help I can get!  If you've got it installed via steam, I believe  you can just go into the properties and tell steam to move it to another drive, although Warhammer does take up quite a bit of space.
My ancient Egypt site:
Gods and Pharaohs

Tuna

Yeah, I figured it's easy to move. Was just wondering if its worth it. My smaller Ssd is filled with FSX, I haven't  gone in that in a long time. SSD definitely helped with loading times on that though 

lol, every time I type SSD on my phone here it keeps changing it to Sex.

JasonPratt

^ SVD?

Quote from: RommelFox on February 15, 2018, 01:49:58 PM
If you've got it installed via steam, I believe  you can just go into the properties and tell steam to move it to another drive, although Warhammer does take up quite a bit of space.

Orly!? I'll have to look into that. It would be a dang site faster than redownloading both those monsters and the related DLC.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tuna

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 15, 2018, 03:17:13 PM
^ SVD?

Quote from: RommelFox on February 15, 2018, 01:49:58 PM
If you've got it installed via steam, I believe  you can just go into the properties and tell steam to move it to another drive, although Warhammer does take up quite a bit of space.

Orly!? I'll have to look into that. It would be a dang site faster than redownloading both those monsters and the related DLC.7

I think if you move it, or copy. it still has to reinstall. but the downloading is much quicker. maybe it accepts most of the files. How big is WH1? At work at the moment.

JasonPratt

Can't see it either, work at the moment. I would not be surprised at 32Gigs. But then I'm also going to move over WH2 and the Mortal Empires DLC, and the Steel Faith mod, and at least the Bretonnia DLC. So, at least double for me.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

What does the Steel Faith mod do?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Quote from: Tuna on February 15, 2018, 03:25:29 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on February 15, 2018, 03:17:13 PM
^ SVD?

Quote from: RommelFox on February 15, 2018, 01:49:58 PM
If you've got it installed via steam, I believe  you can just go into the properties and tell steam to move it to another drive, although Warhammer does take up quite a bit of space.

Orly!? I'll have to look into that. It would be a dang site faster than redownloading both those monsters and the related DLC.7

I think if you move it, or copy. it still has to reinstall. but the downloading is much quicker. maybe it accepts most of the files. How big is WH1? At work at the moment.

No reinstall is needed.

Via properties select the local files tab and there you will find change installation folder.

You must first add the new installation folder via steam settings and selecting the download menu. 
On top of that page you will find the place to add a new installation folder.

Toonces

Warhammer 1 on Steam for $20.  Good deal?  I think I might be ready to jump in.   ???
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Tuna

LOL, I've been playing all week on my Son's computer, because it's upstairs and he's away at college. So I went down cellar to my machine to look and I already have it installed on my SSD drive!... Maybe I've been feeling the 'wait' time because I've been on my son's computer. I'll have to try and check it out tonight, see if loads seem faster. FYI, looks like it's about 35 Gig...

Toonces, definitely grab it, it's a lot of fun!.. Will hold you over till II is on sale!

OJsDad

Quote from: Toonces on February 15, 2018, 05:07:11 PM
Warhammer 1 on Steam for $20.  Good deal?  I think I might be ready to jump in.   ???

For only another $74, you can get all of the DLC also. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

JasonPratt

^ It's funny because it's true.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd