Main Menu

XO

Started by spelk, July 21, 2015, 02:25:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

spelk

This looks groovey, a new kickstarter, I've actually been following its pre-KS life under Square Enix Web.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jumpdrive/xo-a-retro-sci-fi-strategy-game-for-pc-mac-linux


Rayfer

"Groovey"....haven't heard that word (except in movies) since high school in the late 60's.

Barthheart

Well.... looking at that project... groovy does spring to mind....  ^-^

Greybriar


Feeling Groovy by Simon & Garfunkel.

I just couldn't help myself.  :P
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Huw the Poo

Heh, groovy is just the word actually!  Yeah I'd buy this if it comes out.  Good find, Spelk!

spelk

As a child of the sixties I think its important to get the word groovey back into our vocbulary, along with ace, fab, lush, and brill. ;)

RedArgo

So, how should I use "ace" in conversation?  I like the sound of that.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: RedArgo on July 21, 2015, 01:28:27 PM
So, how should I use "ace" in conversation?  I like the sound of that.

Check out this game in development!  It looks ace!

(It means good)

RedArgo

Thanks, I have my board game group tonight, so I will be sure to use it often.

Back to the game, it looks interesting, but I already have a number of games purchased, but in development, so I may hold off, then again it is only $10, so...

bbmike

Quote from: spelk on July 21, 2015, 12:46:41 PM
As a child of the sixties I think its important to get the word groovey back into our vocbulary, along with ace, fab, lush, and brill. ;)

I reach that, brother!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bobarossa

Quote from: spelk on July 21, 2015, 12:46:41 PM
As a child of the sixties I think its important to get the word groovey back into our vocbulary, along with ace, fab, lush, and brill. ;)
Although I'm old enough to have used those words when they were popular, I was a nerd and probably said 'neat' alot.

Greybriar

Right on, man! Far out!!  ;)
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

panzerde

Well, there goes another $20. Far, far out, man!
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Staggerwing

Quote from: Rayfer on July 21, 2015, 08:24:15 AM
"Groovey"....haven't heard that word (except in movies) since high school in the late 60's.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

FarAway Sooner

What the heck does "brill" mean?

And if you won't tell me, than just get off my cloud, man.