Main Menu

Advertising

Started by renobe, July 24, 2015, 10:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: airboy on July 24, 2015, 02:35:41 PMAnd Brant can correct me if I'm wrong - but he does board games and has not been releasing all that much stuff in recent years. 

1.  I have done some digital work, but not for commercial release.  Did stuff for the NSA and NDU
2.  Sadly, the "has not been releasing all that much stuff in recent years" is accurate :(
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

DoctorQuest

I am just here trying to sell Jonny Quest DVDs.

Subliminally, of course.

I know we do occasionally have a developer show up (usually an Indie) and start a chat about a new game they are developing but it seems to rarely be a pure sales pitch. Most of us are, um, older (if not necessarily mature) and usually give a balanced reply to such conversations as opposed to ripping the poor person a new one.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: renobe on July 24, 2015, 10:43:19 AM
But it seems like vast majority of the post here are trying to sell new games or sales in general

Uh, no.

airboy

Quote from: DoctorQuest on July 24, 2015, 03:27:05 PM
I am just here trying to sell Jonny Quest DVDs.

Subliminally, of course.

Sold Me!!!!

I already own the complete Jonny Quest DVD set!!!!!

Race Bannon is the best TV "Mom" ever!!!

steve58

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 24, 2015, 02:05:16 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 24, 2015, 02:02:56 PMSo, I'd be shocked to learn that some of them were secret agents planted in our forums to generate more sales.

my plan is still working ;)

   :D
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Steelgrave

We are like minded people, so when we find something we like....we share that information. The same goes for when we find a game that sucks. We try to spare one another the pain. Personally, when I'm checking out the latest new and shiny on Steam or from Matrix, this is the first place I look for an opinion.

DoctorQuest

Quote from: airboy on July 24, 2015, 04:06:41 PM
Quote from: DoctorQuest on July 24, 2015, 03:27:05 PM
I am just here trying to sell Jonny Quest DVDs.

Subliminally, of course.

Sold Me!!!!

I already own the complete Jonny Quest DVD set!!!!!

Race Bannon is the best TV "Mom" ever!!!

Let me know where to send flowers after you tell him that.
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

jomni

Even if there are people connected to a game post their announcements here, no one is forcing you to buy them.
Members are actually delighted to find out about these announcements and follow up discussion is encouraged.
The community will decide whether a game is worthy.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Anyone wanna buy my kidney?  It seems really good at filtering vodka for some reason.

simcityrefund

im not affiliated with any game company but would gladly flaunt the games i like in the public like simcity and my username

BanzaiCat

Quote from: DoctorQuest on July 24, 2015, 05:24:55 PM
Quote from: airboy on July 24, 2015, 04:06:41 PM
Quote from: DoctorQuest on July 24, 2015, 03:27:05 PM
I am just here trying to sell Jonny Quest DVDs.

Subliminally, of course.

Sold Me!!!!

I already own the complete Jonny Quest DVD set!!!!!

Race Bannon is the best TV "Mom" ever!!!

Let me know where to send flowers after you tell him that.

Venture Brothers > Johnny Quest

...and I speak as someone that grew up with JQ and only recently discovered Venture Brothers.

-budd-

I only have one thing to say



Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

GJK

I think that you should be posting down in the "Wargaming" forum where we play *real* wargames (and talk about them).  ;)
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

panzerde

Man, you got me. All this time I've secretly been a shill trying to promote the sale of JTS Leipzig and Tiller's Campaign Series.

It's a fair cop, but society's to blame.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

BanzaiCat

Quote from: GJK on July 24, 2015, 07:33:36 PM
I think that you should be posting down in the "Wargaming" forum where we play *real* wargames (and talk about them).  ;)

Or just start talking about bewbs. That hasn't been done yet.

Until now.