Latest Project from Paradox

Started by Jarhead0331, August 04, 2015, 01:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nefaro

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 05, 2015, 11:44:13 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on August 04, 2015, 04:52:07 PM
I expect them to do a pre-CK2 Roman one at some point, if not literally EU Rome 2.

Yeah, though not as far back as to Augustus at first perhaps. If they just went back to the mid-300s split between the Eastern and Western Empire after the assassination of the co-ruler in the West (forget the exact situation, it's where Great Invasions starts), they'd have a natural range for synching into CK2 eventually.

Part of the problem of doing that would be how to deal with the relative tech levels. EU4's tech system is different enough from CK2 (right? am I recalling that rightly?) that, paradoxically (... no pun intended) the system can be ported over more easily.


Well... CK2 and EU4 have many differences under the hood, but they still have an official save game converter to continue one from the other.

There has been some rumors of an EU Rome 2 for awhile.  Even if that isn't going to be announced right now, it would make sense for Pdox to create a new one that starts off during the Early Republic and run for awhile.  It would still leave plenty of time period to DLC the shit out of us between whatever they use as a stopping point and the earliest CK2 start date, plus a converter.  :)

If they did make a Rome 2, I would hope that they fill the initial offering out much better than the last one.  With their new found quality, I have no doubt it is possible.

fabius

Looks like Steam leaked early and someone grabbed screen shots. Space game; and tomorrow is formalities and hopefully some decent details on this and HoI4

OJsDad

My guess is a space game.  But how cool would it be if it was a Civ game.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Bison

This link supposedly has the images captured off of Steam.  Not sure if they are valid, but if so it looks like Paradox is trying to imitate Matrix's Distant World with flashier graphics.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/steam-leaks-paradox-development-studios-new-space-exploration-game-3422761

sandman2575

Quote from: Bison on August 05, 2015, 05:45:48 PM
This link supposedly has the images captured off of Steam.  Not sure if they are valid, but if so it looks like Paradox is trying to imitate Matrix's Distant World with flashier graphics.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/steam-leaks-paradox-development-studios-new-space-exploration-game-3422761


Let's just hope it manages to do something innovative with the space 4x genre the way Distant Worlds did, and doesn't just wind up being yet another iteration barely distinguishable from StarDrive, Satr Ruler, Gal Civ, Endless Space, etc etc etc

Have to say, some of those screenies, while very pretty, look an awful lot like StarDrive2 and Gal Civ 3...

bbmike

Hmm, if it's Paradox and space 4x it's insta-purchase for me.  :D
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Huw the Poo

Quote from: bbmike on August 05, 2015, 05:54:25 PM
Hmm, if it's Paradox and space 4x it's insta-purchase for me.  :D

Same here.  Like many others, I've been badgering them to make a game set in space for ages.  If they imbue such a game with the level of detail and complexity we've come to expect from Paradox, well...I'll have fapping material for a long time.


RooksBailey

Quote from: Bison on August 05, 2015, 05:45:48 PM
This link supposedly has the images captured off of Steam.  Not sure if they are valid, but if so it looks like Paradox is trying to imitate Matrix's Distant World with flashier graphics.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/steam-leaks-paradox-development-studios-new-space-exploration-game-3422761


If true, I would love that!  However, seeing how we already have Distant Worlds, I would have rather had a Classical era version of CK2.  Really surprised we haven't gotten that yet. 
"As I understand from your communication, Mr. Engle, you're on the brink of self-destruction. May I shake your hand? A brilliant idea! I speak as one who has destroyed himself a score of times.  I am, Mr. Engle, a veteran corpse. We are all corpses here! This rendezvous is one of the musical graveyards of the town. Caters to zombies hopping around with dead hearts and price tags for souls." - Angels Over Broadway

JasonPratt

Quote from: RooksBailey on August 05, 2015, 07:53:59 PM
Quote from: Bison on August 05, 2015, 05:45:48 PM
This link supposedly has the images captured off of Steam.  Not sure if they are valid, but if so it looks like Paradox is trying to imitate Matrix's Distant World with flashier graphics.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/steam-leaks-paradox-development-studios-new-space-exploration-game-3422761


If true, I would love that!  However, seeing how we already have Distant Worlds, I would have rather had a Classical era version of CK2.  Really surprised we haven't gotten that yet.

Mega-ditto; despite the fact that I was feeling pretty hype about the idea of a remake of Emperor of the Fading Suns, my interest has waned. We already have Distant Worlds: Warhammer 40K Edition and Distant Worlds: Star Trek Edition, so... eh.

Not that we don't have plenty of Rome games, too; but I was hoping for a better iteration coming than the previously released ascended fanboy project. Oh well, they'll get around to it eventually. I don't begrudge anyone having fun with this instead.


Nef, sad to say you're probably right that it would make sense for them to start EURome2 back in 1st century days, so they can DLC us coming and going, eventually linking up to CK2 (which is about halfway back into the Dark Age currently), and going back to Rome's founding. Thus setting up EUGreece.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

There's a Distant Worlds WH40K??
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Kushan

From the gamescon announcement it sounds very much like CK2 + Vicky 2 in space. I love the idea of civilizations whose opinions change over time like CK2 characters do. Populations can form different internal factions that you will have to deal with.

From what little they said it sounds like DW may have some competition for my favorite space 4x.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Barthheart


Gusington

Just checked it out. I'm in for this, as long as I don't have to play the alien that looks like a vagina.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd