Hard West looks interesting

Started by MengJiao, August 25, 2015, 12:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


GJK

Saw that when it was on KS.  Does look interesting but in that alpha video, the AI just sits there when the shooting starts.  Maybe that was just for demonstration purposes only?
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

bbmike

Wild West done XCOM style? I'll have to watch this one!  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Nefaro

Quote from: bbmike on August 25, 2015, 04:12:55 PM
Wild West done XCOM style? I'll have to watch this one!  O0

"Weird West", actually.  Which is even better IMO, but may not be for everyone.   ^-^

Says it's supposed to be out this fall.  Which isn't very far away.  I wonder if they've shown anything about how the campaign works..? 

JasonPratt

Steam page says the campaign is currently 8 story missions (I guess that's the tutorial campaign?) And then a bunch of standalone missions.

So not at all X-Com. But I may still be okay with Jonah Hex Tactical Simulator 2015.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

I would be extremely happy with a digital Deadlands RPG.  But this will have to suffice until then.


Sounds like the campaign will be on some rails though.  :-\

Greybriar

Here's a recent Hard West - Bank Robbery gameplay video with developer commentary:

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Grim.Reaper