Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Rekim

#45
Quote from: JasonPratt on December 17, 2015, 09:24:27 PM
I was about to say, by the time I ever get in it, the Zs will be at Army of Darkness levels...  :P

I don't think that is a concern Jason. The Zeds don't get tougher as time goes by.

The 7 day hordes do however get larger and meaner with each iteration. I'm not certain but expect that the 7th day horde your character attracts in MP will be built according to the level of your character, not that of others. That would be cruel even by 7DTD standards.

ArizonaTank

So far the zed in the area I have been in have been pretty tame.  But I expect that to change.

One interesting "realistic" touch in this new version is that I have to pretty much stay away from doing very much at mid-day in the desert.  Too hot, I overheat too quickly.  But if I do my work just before the sun, and a few hours after dusk, I get pretty far. 

Also, I was very hot one day, so I jumped into a nearby pond...cooled me off nicely.

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Rekim on December 17, 2015, 10:16:16 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on December 17, 2015, 09:24:27 PM
I was about to say, by the time I ever get in it, the Zs will be at Army of Darkness levels...  :P

I don't think that is a concern Jason. The Zeds don't get tougher as time goes by.

The 7 day hordes do however get larger and meaner with each iteration. I'm not certain but expect that the 7th day horde your character attracts in MP will be built according to the level of your character, not that of others. That would be cruel even by 7DTD standards.

I think you are right about the hordes being built by your level in MP.  That would explain why on day 6, I am still pretty low level, and have not seen the massive hordes yet.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

ArizonaTank

#48
I am starting a safe house.  It is at 606N 918E.  I also shared the waypoint, so you should have that on your maps. Password to get in the door is "ace"  Feel free to stay, and help out building defenses.  There is a pond in a deep ravine to the east, just over the road if you need water.  Food is somewhat sparse.  I have been existing on cans of stuff dropped by zeds...also yucca.  There is grass land to the north with a bit of wild life if you want to hunt.  The house is in the desert, so it gets hot mid-day.

Eventually I will need to move elsewhere...somewhere more temperate. If you have any ideas where to go, leave a shared waypoint for everyone and/or post the coordinates.

If you want to keep your stuff in the house...no problem, just put down your own secure storage box.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

-budd-

I'll check out the house when I get back on. I marked that cave I found, might make a good fort. Haven't explored it yet have to kill the bear first. My bow skill is up to 6 I believe, gonna take out the bear next time.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

I feel increasingly likely that I'll be meandering in sometime this weekend; and surely by next weekend.

Is the teamspeak area the same area (except with teamspeak active)?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

ArizonaTank

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 18, 2015, 04:16:03 PM
I feel increasingly likely that I'll be meandering in sometime this weekend; and surely by next weekend.

Is the teamspeak area the same area (except with teamspeak active)?

TeamSpeak is active, same name and pass.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

PanzersEast


JasonPratt

Okay, but I mean if I go onto the teamspeak server will it have the same things as on the other server (except also teamspeak), or are they two different... um... worlds?

Dling now, btw.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

ArizonaTank

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 18, 2015, 05:00:14 PM
Okay, but I mean if I go onto the teamspeak server will it have the same things as on the other server (except also teamspeak), or are they two different... um... worlds?

Dling now, btw.

Not certain what you mean.  But TeamSpeak is a separate server from 7 Days server.  So no effect on 7 Days if you use or don't use TeamSpeak

But I don't think anyone is on the TeamSpeak server anyway
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

JasonPratt

Hm. Well, I tried to find the Unofficial Grog Invitational server (in the modded server list) twice tonight, around 9 pm and 10 pm (US CST), and never could find it.  :-[
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

ArizonaTank

Hmm...I had not done the server upgrade for the new patch yet.  So am wondering if it didn't show up because of patch differences?  But it is definitely there.  I am on it now.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

JasonPratt

Tried it again a minute ago (8:07pm CST), got no hits. I promise I'm checking the modded servers. Was it renamed or something? -- is there a space in front of Unofficial??
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

-budd-

i had to search multiple times to find it, couldn't someone just send you the IP address, once you play it, it's in your history.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

Hm, I'm beginning to suspect my ping rate may be too low, and that's why I've never seen it...  :-[
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!