Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Thanks muchly to Fly (I think) for adding some things to the chest at the tiny hunt island! I wasn't able to bring back any food tonight, but I did bring some 44 magnum parts and more medical kits and a few other things of that sort. I also left an unlocked wooden chest in the back room of the Shotgun Messiah in town -- weirdly, the crates respawned after I exited to look for the nearby plane (never saw a drop) and then went back in! I left a number of gun parts in that chest, since I don't really need them at the moment. (I can't make a 44 yet either, much less its bullets yet, but I'd like to be prepared when the time comes.) Brought some gas, too, though I don't need it yet; and started bricking up the new third stack to the island wall as well as starting to metal-up the bottom stack.

Next time I log on, I'm off to check a bookstore I found in the town (and something else nearby, couldn't tell what). Fly may have already looted it, but the respawn was interesting if suspiciously buggy. Between Fly and my previous hunting episode, we should have enough grilled meat for a little while back at the island, though I've run out of goldenrod for the water. Got a lot closer to unlocking steel, too. (I could unlock concrete if I wanted to already, but steel first.)

Again, thanks, Fly, if that was your help! -- I'm not sure how secure that little island base would be during a Blood Moon now that hornets are out (or even without hornets), but I just happened to log out for the night on Day 42. ;)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

-budd-

Sounds good OJ, i'll work on it at night. if you work from the inside you can work at night, just watch the corners. hmmm i'll have to check the damage, those pillars are i think 3000 hit points, i also filled in the holes so the building wouldnt collapse from lack of support. The pillars on one side did take some damage as i kept getting hit by hordes and didnt repair yet. I want to put some chests down there with extra concrete for repairs on the go.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Flywheel

Yes, I raided a few places in the town and dropped what I got onto your island, Jason. Glad some of it helps. I can't remember where I cleaned out and where I didn't, so can't help there. I'm going to collect a bit more wood and iron for the hub base and then go further South again for meat hunting, if there's anything you need on the island that I can help with, Jason, just let me know.
Hold my beer and watch this!

OJsDad

Jason, I have goldenrod growing on the apartment roof.  There's some in the first aid chest on the top floor. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

JasonPratt

Yay, Fly, and thanks again!

OJD, I'll no doubt hike out there eventually, but it's a good mile off or more. Note to self: there are no less than 2, maybe 3 or 4 baskets at the Shotmess (and maybe the gas station) in town (the one nearby not hub); and I wonder if they can be picked up and carried in my backback while they themselves are carrying things. Seems like that should be possible...

That does remind me that I should harvest some seeds and get a patch going.

Fly, iron and stones are important right now; iron for upgrading the bottom layer of the wall, stones for making bricks for the top layer (and eventually replacing the middle layer... honestly I should probably save my iron for other things and replace the bottom layer instead of upgrading it...) If you have slots of stones you want to get rid of, I'll be glad to take them off your hands!

Come to think of it, around here I mostly get snow and sand -- the scrub forest west of me is all marsh, well into and past the town (which is super annoying as it masks zombie activity in town), so while I can find good clay deposits my gardening tool just brings back sand instead of tillable soil. Another reason to visit hub city maybe, although that seems to be largely in burnt areas. I should also just scout more of the western area I guess.

Anyway, if you happen to pick up some fresh dirt while getting other things, drop that off. I'm collecting seeds for an eventual garden in the fort (maybe out in the western marsh, too), so if you have tree and other seeds drop them off.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Flywheel

Jason: If you give me a couple of days I will be able to haul you some dirt, iron and stone. How much Goldenrod will you want? I am at Hub Base at the moment and I will get some to bring. I need to come out there and pick up whatever I left at the police station. I might also look round a few more buildings and bring you whatever I find there.

JasonPratt

A handful or two of Goldenrod will be find; some to brew immediately, and some to harvest for planting seeds. Thanks! I don't think I've been to the police station yet; is that the large building beyond the bookstore? (You'll be likely headed to real-bed by the time I'm able to get on...  :)) )

Flywheel

BE AWARE GUYS! At least one got in the base last night! I don't know where from and I was killed and sent back to my bag. So he's still there.

Flywheel

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 31, 2016, 08:24:12 AM
A handful or two of Goldenrod will be find; some to brew immediately, and some to harvest for planting seeds. Thanks! I don't think I've been to the police station yet; is that the large building beyond the bookstore? (You'll be likely headed to real-bed by the time I'm able to get on...  :)) )

Goldenrod - OK
Police station - yes
real bed - most likely, although I have a lot of problem sleeping these days, so who knows.

-budd-

Quote from: Flywheel on August 31, 2016, 08:24:19 AM
BE AWARE GUYS! At least one got in the base last night! I don't know where from and I was killed and sent back to my bag. So he's still there.

Was it a monkey boy that got in, the ones that travel on all fours?  Last time we were based here they did spawn inside the perimeter, never the building, so if it's not monkey boy there's a hole somewhere. I was trying to finish the pillars last night but after the 42 day horde OJ and I had connection problems, desyncing , not being able to get into chests and forge so I didn't get to finish. I also have been getting kicked by the anti cheat system, first game that's ever happened, OJ said it has happened to him before, first time I've seen of it.
Think I'm going to hold off on putting to much work into starting Nemo, there's a couple of concepts I want to try but probably won't go forward with the main Nemo building as it looks like alpha 15 will drop soon. The last preview video , said it was the last one they were posting which indicates to me it's close to release. The question is are we going to play random or stock map. I don't think all of the new POI's will be in random gen. Not sure about the NPC traders and other stuff also, might have to post on steam and ask about what will be in random gen vs stock. Either way alpha 15 has a lot of cool stuff.... Draw bridges, vending machines, building on trees, new distant terrain, new mountains and canyons, mines, new zombies( I hope). My favorite, you'll be able to grow hops to make beer ;D. Some of the POI' s shown were a prison, hotels, traders bases, and the last one showed buildings in cut into a canyon wall like an ancient civilization, cool stuff just not sure it's all going to be in random.

Flywheel

No he was upright. I was putting gear in the crates when suddenly the volume of the groans lifted and I went down to see what was going on. I ran down the stairs and straight into him! I was stunned and disorientated but couldn't recover in time. I think there must have been a weakness they had been working on. It was all so damned quick.

Rekim

Fun Pimps posted up the last A15 preview video. It's a Let'sPlay of day 1. Random gen I think.

Mad Mole says this is the last vid prior to release....so close!!

-budd-

Quote from: Rekim on August 31, 2016, 08:59:34 AM
Fun Pimps posted up the last A15 preview video. It's a Let'sPlay of day 1. Random gen I think.

Mad Mole says this is the last vid prior to release....so close!!

Know anything about what will be available in stock vs random?

Rekim

I'm not sure of the details Budd. There are several new POIs. Not sure how many will be specific to the Nav map, but some for sure.

Rekim

I did read that Zeds are able to spawn inside of POIs on the Nav map only. Not certain if that was new for A15 or was true with A14. Don't remember that happening the last time we visited Nav. This makes the Nav map tougher to play.