Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JasonPratt

Considering that I am literally at the bottom of a hole right now, I am 100% okay with the gameworld restarting.  :P :D

But I've learned a lot in my several deaths and respawns. Dangit, I almost got to the end of a burnt forest (note to self, flee burnt forests pronto before I overheat and die) and into water when a burning zombie got me. And the I respawned next to the most fascinating giant cliff face in the desert, near a huge source of water (and lots of shade.) I was working my way out of the pit pretty well and thinking, hey, didn't I pick up some cloth earlier? I CAN MAKE A SLEEPING BAG AND ALWAYS COME BACK HERE WHEN I RESPAWN! Then I ran into a fairly weak zombie who, unfortunately, cut me with a lucky strike and I bled out before I could get away and find if I had anything to tie up with.


Shortly afterward, while trying to work my way back there through the burnt forest again, I fell in an extensive little hole in the ground. Hmmmm... could I harvest enough stone to make some stone stairs out before I die of exposure...?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Swatter

This game is not for the feint of heart. Watch some YouTube videos!

Btw, I think the burnt forest and areas with lots of stray bricks lying around denotes the edge of the map. These areas auto kill you fast.

ArizonaTank

#107
OK, restarting.  Doing a full wipe, so may be down for an hour or so this morning.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Swatter on December 25, 2015, 11:32:32 PM
This game is not for the feint of heart. Watch some YouTube videos!

Btw, I think the burnt forest and areas with lots of stray bricks lying around denotes the edge of the map. These areas auto kill you fast.

+1

+1
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Swatter on December 25, 2015, 11:32:32 PM
This game is not for the feint of heart. Watch some YouTube videos!

Yeah, I wasn't complaining; I've been having a ball.  O0


Quote from: Swatter on December 25, 2015, 11:32:32 PM
Btw, I think the burnt forest and areas with lots of stray bricks lying around denotes the edge of the map. These areas auto kill you fast.

That's pretty brilliant.  :coolsmiley:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Bison

I'm pretty sure the edge of the game world has been nuked and you are actually dying from radiation iirc.

JasonPratt

If I got far enough that would make sense; my stats didn't show me dying of radiation, though, only from extreme heat.

Anyway, the world got rebooted. And dang, budd and AzTank didn't take long to get going! I managed to hike down to AzTank's fort-house, doing some minor refurbishing as I went -- dying once from a lucky zombie strike, but fortunately that teleported me closer to them. I'm about to go back in and do some work on AzTank's house, although we might move down to Budd's as I recall hearing that he managed to set up much closer to a water source. AT was scouting on that when I made it down to his house.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

-budd-

my basement is flooded, water on tap:-], i've got trees, rocks, pigs, deer, chickens,bears all near by and a bunch of caves in the backyard so don't wander in the dark. It actually a good spot. the door code is ace, the chests are unlocked, help yourself.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bbmike

Dead. Shortest game ever! I'll try again in a bit. Thanks for help, Jason!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

JasonPratt

AzTank's server is acting weird. After a few minutes, no action is 'saved' by the system.

Only way past is to quit and re-enter game.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Rekim

I'm seeing the same thing as Jason

JasonPratt

I'm fairly sure part of the problem comes from trying to run long distances.

Btw, Budd, I thought we had decided all doors would be password locked with "ace"... got to your house, doors were open, I closed them to keep zombies out, opps locked in. Fortunately found another door out. Closed it to lock it, too, this time outside so that I wouldn't starve or something... also password locked not "ace".
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

-budd-

hmmm thats interesting, i did lock 2 doors with the ace code. I also was having that problem stuff not being saved, i'd build reinforce and then the server would weird out usually my pickup key would stop working and i would have to disconnect and then all i had done wasn't saved when i'd reconnect.I'll be on later tonight and check it out. Don't wander out back at night, there's a lot of big holes.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

Yep, same here, I know there's trouble when the "use" key (which usually picks up items or opens them for an inventory) stops working. I've lost a good deer kill that way, and some precious water bottles.  :tickedoff:

However, I do suspect the problem is running too far -- so far that the server loses track of the player and the player partially desynchs. I've had to "shovel" reality into existence in various places where the land ran out and there was only skybox. Every single time, I noticed eventually my use key had stopped working; whereas once I was the only one on the server and I quit and reloaded, I tried walking everywhere and never had a problem.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!