Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JasonPratt

A minibike may be good whenever I finally get to city looting (especially in the cold zone so I can get back to warmth faster), but I foresee at least two problems.

1.) It needs gas. In city looting not such a big problem, but what do I do with the bike when I'm out and not using it?

2.) It's noisy. Easy to run away from hordes I suppose, assuming I have somewhere to run to, but I would think it also draws hordes to wherever I'm running.

3.) What do I do with the bike when I'm on foot or out of gas? Leave it outside my hole for a passing minihorde to mangle? Can I put it in my backpack?? (Well, I can put a forge and God knows how many anvils in my backpack, and umpty-thousand wood... what are we going to do when the weight factors are finally activated!?? Not much of a problem for now, of course.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

-budd-

Gas isn't hard to get so far, plenty of cars to siphon from or oil drums once you read the gas can schematic.I carry some spare on the bike besides it gets good gas mileage ;). I just park it out front of places and loot, I suppose if they mangle it I'll build another. No you can't put it in your backpack once built. With the speed and extra space it takes map looting to a whole new level, plus it has a headlight and a horn.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

Well, I recovered my Deepbase1 near the Central City; and Budd has been to visit with his minibike. We're going to use it to start looting the central city.

Apparently the Sabbath horde spawned on Day 80 this time, which I thankfully missed but Budd has a story. ;) I stayed in the hole during Day 84, which should be the sabbath horde, and kept the gameclock running well into daylight, but didn't go out as I still heard things (plural) meandering around. Sometime between 1 and 2 am, a grievous number things shambled overhead (I'm well into the dirt now, not just snow, which they can dig and smell me through), and from the occasional blurble it sounded like a sabbath horde. But it's 11pm realtime tonight and so I don't want to hop out to pick off any stragglers. Time enough tomorrow.

It's probably a safe hole so long as no one is moving or doing much after 10pm -- non-detection beats tower defense  O0. I'll share coordinates with members online when I am. (And if I'm thinking about it, I'll alt-tab out to give coordinates here.) There are two unlocked chests, a firepit with a pot and a grill, and soon I'll be building a forge. (Budd discovered a highly secure but beat-up old house with only one metal door, and also a forge, but he got whomped somehow. Worth looking into, though, as I think it's on the 'suburb' of the main town and can follow a road southish into it.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

-budd-

Well me dying repeatedly aint much of a story. But it went something like this. I'm all stocked to the gills with just about everything, im getting ready for 77 day hoard....right..every 7 days= a hoard...so lets see 7X11= 77 . I've got 90 rounds of hunting rifle ammo, 60 rounds of shotgun ammo and a good amount of pistol ammo with mines out front and pipe bombs at the ready. So I'm ready...bring it day 77, well it wasn't exactly nothing a small wandering hoard which my base defenses basically took out, no feral zombies. So  the next morning i repair the minimal damage to my base and get back to looting. So day 80 arrives, it is not divisible by 7 so no worries...wrong. I settle down at night on day 80 to do some smelting. I start the smelting and well i have to take a bathroom break, well apparently the shit hit the fan quickly, so to speak. I get back to the computer and im dead, i can see the hoard in my base and i'm thinking WTF, i wasn't gone that long. So i take the respawn on my bedroll, surely they haven't breached my saferoom with the vault door, wrong 0 to dead in half a second. I see feral cops and those big ugly feral zombies with assorted dogs, crawlers and others. So this time i choose the spawn near my bedroll...which turns out isn't far enough away, dead by dogs. So i finally spawn far enough away to not die instantly and stupid me i go back in to try to lead them away from shitcaning my base, i actually get stupid enough to get back in my base and its an orgy of feral zombies...death by spitting cop. So respawn again and manage to lure them out onto my spikes which eventually kills the cops but the big ones keep crawling around without legs and i eventually clear it out after dying a few more times. So i go and take a look at the damage which is considerable, worst of all the damn zombies kill my chest of weapons and my chest of armor and clothes, so day 81 was all about repair and some lessons learned. next time i either run or jump into Bison's partially dug tunnel.... Bison i'll be putting a vault hatch on that tunnel. After the carnage i head off to visit Jason's frozen tundra base and start looting the central town, Jason was kind enough to allow me to stage at his base to loot the central town from. So next plan is too loot central city since i managed to get some gas for the mini bike.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Rekim

 ;D

I was pretty pissed when I wasted hours hanging around my hideout for the day 56 & day 70 hordes....which never materialized. Getting caught with your pants down sounds much worse.

I wonder what is going on with the arrival times?

bbmike

I thought I read somewhere that the 7 day horde wasn't 100% every 7 days. It could vary in time around day 7 or not even show up at all. I do know that in previous builds I've encountered the horde no show on day 7. Anyway, entertaining story!
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

-budd-

Well im currently alt-tabbed out of the game. 10 minutes after logging on...guess what.......day86 2300....i hear some loud screeching, i craft a vault hatch and a block and slap it on Bisons tunnel hole and climb down breaking my leg, no splint. Just in time as the ferla horde hits...WTF.....its now 0500 and there still up there and im still hunted. eventually im going to have to go up there...right. There's some terrible sounds coming from up there. Sorry Bison its a pain in the ass getting out now with the vault hatch...hope they dont break the vault hatch...to be continued.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

-budd-

sorry it was 0400, screeching stopped, im now undetected But there are still some ungodly noises coming from up top
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

The top cooling fan on my main computer died this morning (ironically as I went to shower, letting the computer do any maintenance download; I come back and computer is burning up, never got out of BIOS.)

Computer itself is probably fine, just the fan is toast. Will have to get a new one from Falcon NW (should still be under warranty.)

I'll try logging in (later) and playing with the Surface Pro 3, but unsure how good it'll be. The wireless modem isn't anything like good.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

-budd-

here's my situation.hope the sounds come thru, just uploaded so its not HD

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

Well, crap, that isn't going to work: I might be able to get in, but only as a level 1 new character (since I'm on a different computer.)

I might be able to get you out of the hole, though, budd
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

-budd-

0930 i hear cop puke, if you coming bring heavy weapons.....shit there beating on the hatch
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

Budd, I think your forum avatar matches perfectly with you situation.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

JasonPratt

Well, despite being required to make a new profile, the game somehow knew I was still my character (Sabreman) and spawned me... well, actually it spawned me above ground near my base, instead of down inside my base, which could one day be pretty problematic, but was more confusing than anything because I was expecting to need a whole new player (which I named TheDreadSacrifice, since I figured I was going to die horribly leading budd's horde away, and the random generator gave me dreadlocks. ;) ) So dangit I spawned in the cold somewhere!

But it was only me, spawning vertically above where I had quit.

Whereupon the lag nearly killed me, because I was running the game on ultra custom bling, and my Surface (it turns out) can only run smoothly on 800x600 and minimum bling. But I had to get somewhere safe first to test out workable gfx, since the game doesn't pause while I'm doing that.

Fortunately, I soon discovered I was sitting near Deepbase1's entrance, and I managed to sneak in without anything getting me. Fixed the gfx issues enough to work with, but I sure didn't want to try combat. Grabbed some splints and some Shame (which I also misspelled like that in the game when I told budd what canned food I was bringing for him  :2funny:), and started trotting cross country to the rescue.

Sort of. I had to dodge several minor zombies in the woods south of his pharmacy base as I got closer. But I didn't scope anything wrong outside the base, which allowed him to go up an ad hoc ladder/frame contraption to get out and start looking around.

Good news: I discovered a little slice of desert south of the forest south of his town! The slice gets wider as it goes east, but it narrows to a point there -- literally down to a point! -- which will allow anyone near Budd's base to easily grab any general desert goodies like sand and yucca fruit, without much risk of overheating. (I didn't check to see if a water tower was nearby, too, because my Surface's draw distance had to be nerfed, and I wanted to check more on Budd: I was only trying to get around some minor zombies in the woods.)

Bad news: I killed myself trying to Mario-hop my way into the base. Note to self, this is a bad idea on a Surface, even with a keyboard and a mouse.

Good news: I had enough sense not to put anything special on my belt, so it was all easily replaceable.

Bad news: I spawned back at my Deepbase, so I couldn't get my Sham(e!) to budd after all.

Good news: I found where Budd had parked my new minibike, gassed up and ready to take back to Deepbase1 so I can use it on city runs.

Bad news: I killed myself trying to Mario-hop my want into the etc. So I didn't get the minibike this time.

Good news: Essentially the sabbath horde (which no longer appears on the sabbath) vanished around 12 noon. So I didn't even have to go draw them off after all!

Bad news: I still died anyway and so eroded all my regained top-health-and-stamina back to 60, sigh.

Good news: I spawned on my bedroll, and the game did read that as spawning down in my hole instead of the nearest point higher.

Bad news: I couldn't go outside and do anything because a migrant horde was currently walking southward toward the Central City nearby.

Good news: deep down in my hole they couldn't sense me, and I had plenty of food and water remaining if I wanted to wait them out.

Bad news: I had to quit anyway to go help with the Christmas de-decorating.

Good news: Dad is back home and in reasonably good health (though didn't go to church today, but was out a lot yesterday pretty frequently).

Bad news: he has to watch Hallmark special romantic dramadies because anything interesting might stress him a little too much (so no catching up on Doctor Who, no watching Jurassic World, etc.)

Good news: I don't have to watch them with him, hah!

Bad news: we don't have any frogurt.

Good news: the frogurt is cursed! (Which is good news because we... don't have any...)

...

......

God help me, it's going to be a long howevermanydays until my new cooling fan gets here...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!