Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

JasonPratt

I saw two new people on tonight. What name did you use, OJ?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Hofstadter

Welp I'm on the server, no idea what I am doing but im doing something
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Rekim

Say hello to my little friend



i have just one rocket at the moment. Still, should add some bang to my next horde encounter

OJsDad

#229
JP, I'm mporwick, I think.  I was in the AT House with you.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

I changed my Steam profile name to OJsDad.  That's how I'll show up now in 7DtD
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

Rekim, I don't know what the hoard day is now but if you want to help bring them your way just start up your camp fire and forge starting about 10 pm and keep them going. First you'll probably hear the screamer he's like the zombie forward scout looking for you, he'll scream and bring the others.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

I fully support the horde visiting Rekim for a dang change.  >:D

It's a good thing you beamed out that next morning, OJ; when I ran outside to scout around the house on the minibike, I saw no less than two zombie dogs and two... things... (due to a graphical glitch I'm not sure whether they were ferals or what) ...trying to get in the east double door route. Many of the stakes on the southeastern side of the house had been simply wiped out by zombies dying on them. I did my best to snipe them, but while I killed one dog I got the attention of the other, and barely escaped. (In fact, one dog killed me before running up to that door. I managed to sneak out the west door again and back to my bike.) I have no idea whether they breached those forge-steel doors, but I've seen dogs leap around the corner of the first door to get to the second, so I don't feel entirely sanguine about the chances.

Hopefully surviving your second night with an unfightable horde wasn't too boring. ;)


Hoef, I signed out before you logged on, so I'm sorry I wasn't around to help you. I hope you weren't completely murdered: having no idea what to do on Day 1 is hard enough; on Day 100+, phew...!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

My next plan is to make enough bricks (plus torches, and a steel door, and a scrap door hatch I can upgrade -- I can't make steel hatches yet), to run south and build a two-brick-thick single-floor tunnel entrance in the central city itself for better plundering opportunities. While cruising back to Deepbase1 last night on my recovered minibike, I tested a theory that the houses I run across on my left while going on a line between AzTankHouse1 and Deepbase1, are extensions of the main city -- a theory that I think was confirmed. I know the city is that way anyway, I just inferred it's a lot closer than I've thought while trying to walk south to it, and that seems right.

Also my replacement cooling fan arrived today, so I should be able to get my main computer running again, yaaaay! No more trying to fight and run while playing with the Surface! And I don't need to rush with sending a turn back to Barth on our DC3:Barbarossa mp game, because he won't be back (probably) until the 9th anyway.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Rekim

I had a great session on the server last nite. Found three supply crates, one containing a sniper rifle and another with the rocket launcher part I was missing. I setup a small raiding base inside one of the hub city Shamway's (I stuck a candle above the entrance at the back of the building, no locked doors). I came across a brick tower on the outskirts of town - that you Bud?

WRT feral horde day; when I joined the server it was 1am on day 101. Jason told me the ferals had arrived that evening, making day 107/114/121/128 the next for dates. Was the morning of day 107 when I logged off. Would have loved to stick around but for the next night but was already past my bedtime.

I met up with Sgt. Steiner who had joined for the first time. Said he isn't registered on GH yet.

Hofstadter

I didnt do much yesterday, all i really did was wander around, punch some rocks, punch some trees, punched some grass. Make an ax to hit rocks, hit trees, hit grass. Tried to find the city, then logged off.
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

JasonPratt

Hof, that was about right for a first time play.  :D

Rekim, that brick tower was probably mine. Aside from some torches it's empty so far. I figured I could use it to sit around waiting to shoot food, but in practice that doesn't seem like it'll be practical. But I may be able to get it tall enough to get out of the sensing zone of a horde. (Except for the hornets, but in brick they may not be able to sense me.)

If you walk south back toward the hub city from the brick tower, about halfway to the outskirts you should find a wooden open-top one-storey fort, with log spikes on top and two doors. That's my underground base; there's a community chest and firepit at the front, and my sleeping bag (which I just realized I need to 'reset' so I don't respawn back at AzTank's place). The forge is farther down the tunnel, well under the dirt, with the better firepit. Feel free to use whatever you like.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Yay, my new cooling fan works!

Boo, I got my minibike to central city, and got killed by a frozen lumberjack. Now I'll have to hike on foot all the way back (game-tomorrow), sigh, at least to retrieve the mini.

In my defense, I have no defense -- I knew there were zs around hunting me, and gambled on checking a filing cabinet even though it put me in a corner. Well, nothing in the cabinet, and it put me in a dang corner where I couldn't maneuver.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

-budd-

I dont think the feral hordes stick to the 7 day thing. Once i was on and off line for 6 to 7 hours and there was 3 hordes and 2 were defiantly feral.  I dont know if it was because i smelt and cook a lot at night. I'm aiming to get my tunnel to my water source done and my new wall design idea in place and my corn operation up and running for the corn meal to make gas.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Rekim

One way to tell; at 22:00 on feral horde nights the usual musical chime plays at nightfall but ALSO includes the sound of a feral zombie screaming.

I have yet to experience a feral horde with A13, so this could have changed with the new build, but I doubt it.