Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

OJsDad

From the Dev's about Alpha 14

Quote
We're working hard on Alpha 14 and it has some great new content. Here are the highlights: Navezgane has gotten a lot bigger and better with a brand new improved height map with higher mountains and deep water, a new smoothing algorithm that makes the land and water much more natural, a multitude of new locations including the largest city in the expanded plains, and a bandit like shanty town and a huge lake with islands just to name a few.

Alpha 14 also has many new perks and improvements to our skills system, a great new damage and death system where zombies feed on your corpse, an introductory basics of survival quest, repeatable quest note challenges, a radiant buried treasure quest system for infinite digging for treasure fun, many new improved world textures and block shapes, a major rebalancing of block damage, leveling and XP, some good optimizations, random gen improvements, and so many bug fixes. We're making great progress on it folks so expect it to drop in February.

Even with all this going on we took some time out to fix the most important user reported bugs from 13.6 and have an Alpha 13.7 patch ready. Tip of the fedora goes out to Gazz and Clockwork Orange for their xml fixes. You guys rock! [/you]
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

JasonPratt

I wonder what it means for zombies to be eating your dead body after you die. Is that just a cute graphical bling? Is it a gameplay factor of some kind? Get back to your body before the zombies consume it, if you want to recover your dropped back/belt/both?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

-budd-

sounds like a save breaker though, might have to wait before investing the time in a new build. OJ we should probably wait on a new build and maybe stop stock piling stuff and hit the road and explore. We could use what we have made and secure the powerstation and build some stuff around it. What do you think?
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

BanzaiCat

Do the zombies go through the water? Just wondering if a base on an island would be a good thing. If the bastards swim, I suppose that won't work.

OJsDad

I figured that the next Alpha release would require a game restart.  So, I think your suggestion is excellent Budd.

What do you think of this plan.  Since they're spawning in the plant courtyard, seal up the plant.  Place the concreate up against the plant walls.  No doors.  We have the two tunnels out to the sniper shacks already.  I started moving a tunnel toward the Working Stiffs building.  I can continue that for a third out.  We can then fortify the Working Stiff.

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

Sounds good OJ, theres a bunch of cement for concrete mix on the roof. It was weird last time I was on, the forge would only produce when I had it open. thinking about securing the fence wall with blocks and bars to shoot through. I want to scrounge some more batteries for more spots. Not sure about the shack safety if there going to glitch thru the door.

Banzai Cat... They walk right thru water after you. A few alphas ago they had problems, and you could also make a moat with one bucket of water because the water would just spread.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

The punch-spreading water was true about the build we were on when we first started, too (not the build with Pharmabase etc.) I haven't tested that in this build. But then, my program upgraded so I don't know that I can even sign onto the server anymore.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

-budd-

Version mismatch until AZ updates.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

Jake got home from school yesterday, happy to see me.  Got his homework done with no procrastinating, and then was ready to jump on the server for some 7DtD.  The look on his face when I explained to him why we couldn't was priceless.  I could see the wheels in his head spinning trying to comprehend it all.  I can just about guarantee the first thing he'll ask me tonight is if the servers been upgraded yet.  LOL 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

Tell him to practice on single player. My daughter likes to watch me play,,she spots the zombies, and animals for me. When I brb she watches to make sure I don't get hunted and she'll move around as long as its in base or inside somewhere.....it has to be daytime too. She's always telling me I'm gonna die when a horde shows up, as she covers her eyes.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

Is Jake using your account character?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

OJsDad

Yes, Jake is using mine.

Budd, yes we can play solo.  He needs some help getting through the first few days, and we just haven't had the time to do that too much.  Last night we wouldn't have had a chance to get on line as we went to the HS Girls BB game and a Boy Scout meeting for him.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

JasonPratt

Eh, I'm almost sure high school girls will be more important for everyone in the long run anyway.  :coolsmiley:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

ArizonaTank

Server has been updated.

Tested it this morning...Good to Go.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.