Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

-budd-

Popped on for a bit. Spawned in the frozen tundra, found a good size town/city already. Police station, diner, power station, i'll probably hit the book store and move to right outside the frozen zone so i dont freeze to death.I'll base just outside the frozen zone and go back to loot. Don't have  the weapons/warm clothes to clear the town and there are a lot of lumberjacks. I've traveled a fair bit and i'm still in the frozen zone, did cross a weird small strip of desert while traveling. The FPS seems more stable, i'm pulling 70+ FPS on near max settings. I did desync once. Is this random or the NAV map AT? In my little bit of SP i found a pier and a structure out in the middle of the lake on stilts, if you hold the jump button you can walk on water. The bears are faster and the zombies move faster than you in the water it seems or im not swimming right. You can knock the zombies back now so going hand to hand is more of an option. I'll post my base coordinates when i land at a temp base, when i logged out i was freezing on the roof of a shotgun messiah store nearing dusk, might camp in the bookstore overnight depending on the time of day when i log back in.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Rekim


Rekim

my biggest problem now is that I worked 36 hrs this weekend and need to get some sleep tonight or won't be feeling too hot tomorrow. Not sure how I'm going to be able to hold off playing into the wee hours though...

-budd-

I got a temp underground base up, right outside the frozen zone by the city. Found a lake and a desert biome also, picked up a supply drop so i have some meds, short on food though. Here's the coordinates 666N 1706W .... there's a torch on a boulder, the hatch is right below. the area is pretty active.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

LOL.  Sorry Budd, but I think I spawned the same place you did.  I'm not far from you and the town I'm in looks like has been partially searched already.  I got beat up already by one zombie. 

I jumped on with my laptop, but it's not the best, so will get back on later when I'm home.  If I can make it past the rest, I'll try and reach you tonight, when I get back on. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

Well spent some time looting the town. Got an above base started, still using the temp underground base not far away for our sleeping bags. Here's a pic of the tower base me and OJ are working on, it held up well when the first 7 day horde hit. Still need another alternate escape route. i think were going to give it a go, i'm usually an underground dweller. We got a forge up now just need to load it, im going to see how high this thing will go.



view from the top
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: -budd- on March 27, 2016, 09:44:11 PM
Well spent some time looting the town. Got an above base started, still using the temp underground base not far away for our sleeping bags. Here's a pic of the tower base me and OJ are working on, it held up well when the first 7 day horde hit. Still need another alternate escape route. i think were going to give it a go, i'm usually an underground dweller. We got a forge up now just need to load it, im going to see how high this thing will go.



view from the top


Wow, you guys are fast....
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

OJsDad

That's almost all Budd.  I didn't join him until almost day 7, and he had most of the tower done, plus a tunnel about a kilometer west.  I just got lucky that I spawned in the same place as he did. 

When the 7 day horde hit, we were up on the tower roof.  I'm looking one way when I hear Budd shooting.  Imagine my surprise when I turned around and say that a zombie had climbed up there.  It's the only one that did.

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Rekim

I spawned on the outskirts of hub city. I'm camping out in a forge house just to the SE. It's tricky going to town at such a low level but the loot is great.

I noticed an exposed rock face at the extreme south side of town and am considering building a bunker complex into it. Not sure how smart that will be considering the high volume of traffic in the area with only one way in/out.

ArizonaTank

Server updated with latest patch
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

OJsDad

I just signed off. It's day 21, 0423. 

Budd, I made a water run and tried to get to the plane drop.  The drop looks to be in the middle of the large lake.  Got jumped by dogs and hurt pretty bad.  While heading back to the tower, I got hit by a lumber jack. 

I did finally make it back and dropped off a bunch more coal, boiled water.  I also made a grill grate for the campfire, but I couldn't get it do place.  It's in the box beside the forge.

I also crafted the animal fat into talon and made some torches, in the same box as the grill.

I hope to be on later tonight.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

Wow day 21 already, i was on last night for day 14 and the horde. No ferals, just a big horde everything but ferals and cops. Things on the to do list: keep filling forge, need to dig clay. Cant remember if we can make those metal strips yet, but will need to soon. The horde did more damage to the base supports so need the strips for repair. I did some add on to the base, new escape route to the building on the other side, door inside. I had to chop the bridge across to the roof because the damn zombies blew through the secure doors i had to that building and got up on the roof., so i had to defend the bridge. So i chopped a block so you have to jump a one block gap, may need to make it 2 blocks, but they got up there and fell through the one block gap to the ground.There'a a platform on the other side of the lower building to get outside the fenced perimeter, if we need to run.Need to pound some stone and load as much iron in the forge as we can for repair and upgrades. I'm gonna wait to build the tower higher until we get some better defense in place. I thinking going higher wont take us out of the zombie sense zone like it does when your underground and move off a bit in the tunnels but i'm gonna build it higher anyway ;) I moved some stuff from the underground base to the tower. We need to find another good sized town, we need the calipers and tool set for the forge and hopefully a mini bike book. I already read the handlebar book so once we can make the frame we should be good or do we need a book for the seat? cant remember. Next time on i will probably go exploring for towns, i cleaned out all the buildings in our town except the safes which we can get once we make wrenches. I left all the cars for salvage once we get mini bike capability. I think i will make a series of walkways and a hollow tower with a ladder down that leads to a tunnel complex, probably before i raise the tower higher.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

yes, we can make iron strips.  I did and made a fire axe for felling trees and an iron pick axe that'll work for breaking rocks for scrap metal and stone and for breaking into those safes.

I did see your improvements. 

I'm traveling this week, so I'm having to use my laptop.  The ping times are good, but my laptop is a little slow, so not looking forward to hordes at the moment.

Can you make a crossbow yet. 

I'd vote for each of us exploring out in a different direction to cover more ground faster. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

ArizonaTank

Quote from: -budd- on March 29, 2016, 07:14:05 PM
Wow day 21 already, i was on last night for day 14 and the horde. No ferals, just a big horde everything but ferals and cops. Things on the to do list: keep filling forge, need to dig clay. Cant remember if we can make those metal strips yet, but will need to soon. The horde did more damage to the base supports so need the strips for repair. I did some add on to the base, new escape route to the building on the other side, door inside. I had to chop the bridge across to the roof because the damn zombies blew through the secure doors i had to that building and got up on the roof., so i had to defend the bridge. So i chopped a block so you have to jump a one block gap, may need to make it 2 blocks, but they got up there and fell through the one block gap to the ground.There'a a platform on the other side of the lower building to get outside the fenced perimeter, if we need to run.Need to pound some stone and load as much iron in the forge as we can for repair and upgrades. I'm gonna wait to build the tower higher until we get some better defense in place. I thinking going higher wont take us out of the zombie sense zone like it does when your underground and move off a bit in the tunnels but i'm gonna build it higher anyway ;) I moved some stuff from the underground base to the tower. We need to find another good sized town, we need the calipers and tool set for the forge and hopefully a mini bike book. I already read the handlebar book so once we can make the frame we should be good or do we need a book for the seat? cant remember. Next time on i will probably go exploring for towns, i cleaned out all the buildings in our town except the safes which we can get once we make wrenches. I left all the cars for salvage once we get mini bike capability. I think i will make a series of walkways and a hollow tower with a ladder down that leads to a tunnel complex, probably before i raise the tower higher.

you guys are so far ahead of me...  I am pathetic..:)
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.