Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

OJsDad

Budd, I logged out and tried to log back in to see if I could get up the ladder.  When I reentered the game, I saw a dog heading for me so I quit out again.  I'll log back in tomorrow and see if I can get up then.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

That was a big horde pretty much all zombie types joined the party even feral's. No screamers seen yet though. Another update dropped 14.2 . I think ill move my bag back, they seem to go for where your bag is at. I snuck out and watched they just kept spawning and going for the tower. I cleaned them out , 5 health kits, 1 dose of AB and a couple hundred arrows later, damn dogs. I repaired the damage to the tower base and reorganized the chests. Probably need to stock the underground base better I.e. health and materials to make arrows . Thank god there was health at the underground base. The spitting cops did some damage buts it repaired. Gonna need to metal all that wood so it will stand up better. Ill probably hit the road to look for a town to find calipers, toolkit and schematics.  With current weapons probably better too fight the 7 day horde outside the base fence or hide , but they don't seem to wander off for a long time. Thanks for all the help OJ. O yea one tower base is a ladder short , I have trouble with ladders also, go up and hit the jump button rapidly, keep hitting it till get up. Works in a pinch. Remember the tall building has access from the roof, short jump.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

OJsDad

I finally got up the ladder.  But later, I was having trouble again.  I ended up putting up another section.  I'll try and to remove it later.

I was able to assemble a rifle.  Not sure if you know how to yet.  It's in the gun box, but we dont' have any bullets for it yet.

I was able to break through the vault door in the bank and into a few of the small lock boxes in side.  Mostly paper and gun parts so far.  I hope to finish cleaning those out tonight.

We really need some food.  I'll try and get back to the camp and see if the crops are in yet.  If you can hunt please do, I'm lousy at it.

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

FYI, respawn has started for loot.  The junk yards have been good.  And the B&N is restocked.  I didn't get everything out of the B&N as I didn't have room.  Should be back on late tonight. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

Need those calipers :) I'm waiting on any major building until we can defend properly. I'll probably go wandering in the hub city looking for some calipers and for a cliff side for lead deposits. Thinking about upgrading and securing the fenced perimeter to somewhat keep the Z's away from the tower supports. I can make 9 and 10 mm bullets but cant make the casings until we get some calipers and i'm 7 points short of making the 7.62 for the AK ;D I put a workbench down up top not sure what it does but its new.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

#501
We need to get a mine going for metal. Are you thinking going through floor of one of the buildings.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

I went to hub city but think Mike picked it pretty good, ran into a pack of dogs and got killed. I'm currently way, way, down south holed up in a shotgun messiah. Went all this way and only ran into one town. Marked and left 3 stashes of goods on the way . But I finally got some calipers., ill start working my way back but it took 3 game days to get here. If you want to tunnel pick a spot and go for it. I usually dig until I hit rock and then expand, dirt is quicker to dig thru and it's usually at least 10+ blocks down.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

-budd-

update 14.3 is out, mismatch version until AT updates.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

I was just on and didn't have the problem.  However, I think it downloaded while I was playing, so didn't force the update.

Budd, I have a cement mixer up on the roof.  It works great.  I did a little bit of cement work.  Wasn't sure what all  you had plans for, so didn't get too wild, yet.

If you go down below the four towers, I've started to mine down.  There a hatch over it.  A couple of chances in release 14.  Not as much stone produced when mining and not iron ore.  You do get a couple of iron scrap but that's it.  Really need to find some batteries to start building search lights.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

Don't worry about my plans, knock yourself out. Tunnel, build, whatever. tunnel down thru the dirt until you hit stone then go horizontal looking for ore veins. No bookstore in this town, i just have the powerplant to loot.....there's working stiff crates in there, then i'll head back with the calipers. Got a half rack of beer and ill cook up some coffee for the run back.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

This game is so great even when I'm not playing it. At all.  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

ArizonaTank

Quote from: -budd- on April 02, 2016, 08:37:31 PM
update 14.3 is out, mismatch version until AT updates.

Updating now.  So should be good to go shortly. 

BTW, I have to go on a business trip starting tomorrow through Friday.  I should be able to update the server in the evening if necessary.  But I won't be able to get on Steam, so I won't know when I have to do the update.  So drop a note on the forum if update needed.

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

OJsDad

Thanks AT. 

Budd, I've got a tunnel established.  I'll be working that, making cement and upgrading everything to cement that I can.  BTW, the towers themselves cannot be upgraded.

Oh, if you find any potatoes, bring them back for the garden. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

JasonPratt

I've got a couple of friends I'm introducing to the game, using AT's server; Budd and OJD saw one of them on with me last night. They're young and kind of immature, but I've been playing with them on Dawn of War Soulstorm and they can behave when the situation calls for it. Liam did good last night, and I have good hope Sy will, too.

We're somewhat north of the current Buddtower base, in a house of the model of AzTank's original base in the last alpha. No water nearby though, and Liam's already dying of thirst, so we need to find somewhere with water quickly. I plan to go scouting around better while he isn't logged on, since (having died once already) my thirst isn't so bad.

Of course we could hurry down to Buddtower, but right now the zombies aren't throwing ferals at us, and I think the guys will appreciate the game better if they have to work for their (relative) safety. Though no doubt we'll be around to see the awesomeness eventually.  8) (And also there's no telling where Sy will spawn at first.)


Meanwhile, I learned how to finally get rid of those dang potato chips on the floor! -- and without having to dig up the floor block and replace it! (Although that's a viable option, too.) It turns out that the game cannot place anything on the chips, only above the chips. So if you plop a cheap wooden frame there (10 wood), it will hang for a moment, and then collapse into a wood-debris block. Hack that up with whatever to recover most or all of the wood, and voila: THE CHIPS ARE GONE!

Since I have an irrational fear of food on the floor, this is important to me.  :-[ :P :crazy2: :D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!