Multiplayer on 7 Days to Die

Started by Swatter, August 30, 2015, 02:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

OJsDad

Yep, I understand about the sniper rifles.

Agree, we need to get the chests organized better.

I don't think you can have flaming bolts for the crossbow, that's why I'm trying the exploding.  If they don't seem to do a lot against the cops, then I'll abandon them.  They use the same about of gunpowder as them as the pipe bombs.  You also need steel arrowheads, duct tape and wood. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

OJ i got everything i think we want moved down below, left some meds, weapons[no ammo], tools in the tower chests. Didnt think we need another dozen guns below. I scraped everything on tower top and built it up a couple levels and hung torches everywhere. Next time i want to finish with the corner towers and get the chests stocked for each tower. I'll start on the new exit tunnel, probably toward the bunker you found after i finish the towers. We still need to upgrade the log spikes and add more layers of spikes outside the walls. The wandering dog hordes started again, just trotted on by. I did refresh our water supply.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

-budd-

I finished the the corner huts. Well after 5 collapses and 3 broken legs i went with a less ambitious plan and threw up some simple towers on the corners. There's chests in each one with food, meds, rifle, ammo and a bow and some arrows and pipe bombs. I finally got a sniper rifle, its in a corner tower. I planted a forest outside the walls, ill keep replanting after harvesting. I'm gonna start the tunnel to the bunker next time. If you want to upgrade the flagstone now i'm done building for a bit. They get through the flagstone pretty quick, its next upgrade is concrete mix. were pretty much out of brass after i made some 7.62 for the corner chests. I still cant use the lower map bottom forges to make bullet tips or casings, no idea why, can only make them at the upper forge.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

I was on a little before you last night Budd.  I saw the first two towers.  The chests were locked though. 

I'll keep upgrading everything as quickly as I can. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

Damn i always forget they start locked, sorry about that.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

-budd-

A little tour video of the base OJ and I call home. Its starts in our mine at the bottom of the map. Our base is located in the snow biome which has no lead so had to tunnel to another biome, a long tunnel. We have a forging setup at map bottom for the foraging for all the upgrades to the base. I run through the various escape tunnels and up to the tower top. There was no forest around our base i planted the trees on all 4 sides about 7- 10 game days ago. I just finished a little repair after the 84 day feral horde. the weapon im carrying is the blunderbuss i just made [OJ there's one in the weapons chest for you and ammo in the ammo chest]. Still a lot of upgrading to do and finishing outside the wall defense on the to do list.Its held up really well so far and the last horde was pretty big. If your in the neighborhood stop on by were pretty well stocked up, except for brass.

OJ i did the repair and got another row of log spikes down and upgraded them to metal on 2 sides. I used all the scrap iron so we'll have to mine more.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

I put the sniper rifle back in the SW sniper tower.  It worked well yesterday.  I was able to take out a couple of cops.  I took two shots each, but it took them out.  The pipe bombs also worked very well.  They didn't always get kills, but the did take out the legs of some.  I saw a couple of feral z's missing at least one leg.  Dropping them on a group under me worked very well.

I'm traveling this week, so not sure how much I'll be on.  I see you started a garden inside the compound.  I planted a couple of corn and 1 potato.  If they grow, then that will save us from having to travel to the old site. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

OJsDad

JP, quit gawking and get your butt over to Casa de Budd!!!
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

Dear Abbey

I'm at a customer site today.  I'm working my way out of the parking garage, and I notice duct work.  My first thought was to wonder how much iron I can get from it.  Do I play 7DtD too much.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

JasonPratt

Dear OJsDad

Not until you start wondering what you can wrench out of a car.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

-budd-

We could of used the metal OJ ;)  .... I had a little time to jump on...it was day 91 21:00 ...like clock work 22:00 horde starts coming.Loaded up on 7.62 for the sniper some 44 and some pipe bombs and went to work, i fought from the fort this time. I'm pretty sure the horde runs from 22:00 until 11:00 so 12 hours of spawning. They breached the fort by tunneling under the road through the snow, figured that would happen when i put that spike ditch on the other side of the road. There was quite extensive tunneling when i went down there, i walled up what i could, you'll see the new floor by the door in NW corner. I didn't get to repair everything, the door and the log spikes need repair or replacement. Might have to dig up and replace the snow on the ground that runs outside the walls. Going to have to mine next time for iron and cut some of our trees and replant.yesterday i spent the time hunting and picking blueberries, there was plenty of game so were good on meat for a bit, also found a new town i will exploring. I expanded the garden a bit more, any dirt that has green in it wont grow anything, dig it up and place it back down and then plant.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

Budd, I was able to get on for a little while today.  I've got all of the spikes upgraded on the west wall.  I've also got all of the ground row blocks upgrades to concrete.  In the North wall chest that you have above ground, there is over 8k iron.  There is also more cement in there.

We got hit with a wondering horde.  I stood on the first walk way and took out several with the blunderbuss.  Very nice.  A couple did manage to get in, though I don't see how. 

It's 1900 on day 102. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

-budd-

I havent used the blunderbuss on anything yet, saving any heavy guns and ammo and my flaming arrows for the feral hordes. I need to brew up some 44 and 7.62 ammo. I 'll be on later tonight and see if i can find how they got in, sometimes they gliche thru the doors. I made some dynamite and land mines i put them  in the ammo chest. Not sure if i'll bother walling off the garden or not yet, i might just start upgrading everything, starting with the spikes, unless you have plans for the iron. I cleaned the main stores out in that town i found, may go look for another town or go back to that one and wrench the cars for brass, and batteries. I 'm sure you saw the spot lights, what do think of the placement? We can always move them, i wasnt on at night to see how effective they were for lighting the street on those 2 sides.If you have any ideas for expanding the fort go for it i'm feeling a little burned out on building and might start hitting the road to explore the map a little more.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

-budd-

Got on for a bit. Finished upgrading the spikes and upgraded some platforms up top also.Made more cement mix and left some iron in the yard chest. I placed some barb wire in front of the spikes on spot light road as a test case, if you see it get some action let me know how it works. Picked more corn and potatoes and replanted.Made some 7.62 and put it with some dynamite in the sniper rifle chest. Day 105 0800 when i logged off.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.