Most Expensive Game Ever?

Started by Bison, September 18, 2015, 10:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

gameleaper

buy http://www.trainplayer.com/ and every addon is freee, thousands of trains cars tracks etc..

WallysWorld

#16
I have had Train Simulator since 2012 and have about 20-25 DLC's and the vast majority were bought during 50% to 75% off sales. I've never given a second thought to the total price of everything because I ignore what I don't want. I really only purchase DLC's for North American routes and trains.

Like someone else wrote, MS Flight Simulator and its addons are basically the same. But on Steam, you can easily see how expensive Train Simulator and its DLC's can get. For Flight Simulator, the DLC's are scattered around websites and the grant total if you got everything would probably come up pretty close to all of the DLC for Train Simulator.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Con

I fear that you are being railroaded to act rashly here

The last thing you want to do is go Loco

Con

gameleaper

you may get cabin fever and steamed-up about it, but use the express button to buy.

Tuna

Quote from: WallysWorld on September 19, 2015, 10:53:33 AM
I have had Train Simulator since 2012 and have about 20-25 DLC's and the vast majority were bought during 50% to 75% off sales. I've never given a second thought to the total price of everything because I ignore what I don't want. I really only purchase DLC's for North American routes and trains.

Like someone else wrote, MS Flight Simulator and its addons are basically the same. But on Steam, you can easily see how expensive Train Simulator and its DLC's can get. For Flight Simulator, the DLC's are scattered around websites and the grant total if you got everything would probably come up pretty close to all of the DLC for Train Simulator.

FSX can be very expensive! Haven't flown since April.. have saved a ton!


bob48

Train Sim is fantastic - wish I could afford all the DLC :-(
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

WallysWorld

Quote from: Tuna on September 19, 2015, 12:00:19 PM
FSX can be very expensive! Haven't flown since April.. have saved a ton!

Me too. Stopped late last year and haven't touched it since.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

MengJiao

Quote from: JudgeDredd on September 19, 2015, 01:21:39 AM
I just looked and I have 14 of those DLC at a total of £200.86

I never paid that for them. I likely got them whilst they were on a Steam super sale.

  I have train simulator.  It just upgraded to 2016.  I've only bought a few engines and routes so it hasn't cost much.

bob48

Unfortunately, the so-called 'up-grade' to TS2016 is a complete and utter farce. It says that you have it in your library, but you aint - you just have TS2015 with a new menu. if you want to 'up-grade' you need to actually buy TS2016.

There is much ranting and gnashing of teeth on the TS forum just now - its all a bit of a cock-up.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: gameleaper on September 19, 2015, 11:51:32 AM
you may get cabin fever and steamed-up about it, but use the express button to buy.

Don't try to get this thread onto a punning track, please.

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

JasonPratt

He'll give us all a kick in our cabooses.

I'm pretty sure I picked up the base game last year when they created a Halloween themed campaign -- the base sim, campaign, and some tutorials, for like $5. Never did play it, but I was interested to see how detailed running a steam train would be.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bob48

I have to say, its very well done and has a nice realistic feel to it.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Barthheart

Bob should know... he was around when the first steam engine was turned on....  ^-^

bob48

You mean 'fired up' you heathen.

Stephenson's cottage is about 5 miles away from where I live.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!