Consolidated Syria Conflict Thread

Started by Mr. Bigglesworth, September 19, 2015, 04:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

We could always go back to prop planes and piston fighters.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

undercovergeek

Staggerwing

Quote from: Gusington on December 03, 2015, 08:06:53 PM
We could always go back to prop planes and piston fighters.

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 03, 2015, 08:17:02 PM
how many you got?

Gus can't be too far from Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome so he can send the Red Baron after IS-Hole.

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

undercovergeek

I hate to join in with knee jerk, populist opinion but if the new beheading video really is of a Russian and the killer really does taunt Putin, I hope it has the desired effect

Of all the western leaders involved I feel he is the only one to have the balls to say 'fk it' and turn the place into molten glass, like him or loathe him

bayonetbrant

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 04, 2015, 04:07:23 AMsay 'fk it' and turn the place into molten glass

that's what these guys want - they're trying to bring about the "end times"
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

undercovergeek

im happy with that, you and i can sip cocktails and there will be tourist flights out to the shiny glass lake of ISIS where they used to be - theyll all be martyrs but theres one good thing about martyrs

Gusington

You guys would love the Rhinebeck Aerodrome. Hell even Putin would love it.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

pawelj

Quote from: undercovergeek on December 04, 2015, 04:07:23 AM
I hate to join in with knee jerk, populist opinion but if the new beheading video really is of a Russian and the killer really does taunt Putin, I hope it has the desired effect

Of all the western leaders involved I feel he is the only one to have the balls to say 'fk it' and turn the place into molten glass, like him or loathe him
He is an anti-Western leader, so put me down in the loathing category. And he is more of a problem than ISIS.
"Britain and France had to choose between war and dishonour. They chose dishonour. They will have war." - Winston Churchill

eyebiter

Turkish tanks invade Iraq during a "training mission"

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/dec/05/iraq-orders-turkey-to-immediately-withdraw-troops-sent-across-border

"The Iraqi authorities call on Turkey to ... immediately withdraw from Iraqi territory," the statement said.

"We have confirmation that Turkish forces, numbering about one armoured regiment with a number of tanks and artillery, entered Iraqi territory ... allegedly to train Iraqi groups, without a request or authorisation from Iraqi federal authorities," it said."

Bison

Well this is quite interesting.  I hadn't seen anything about it in the US media yet, which I guess isn't too surprising.

Gusington

Wow. Have the Turks officially gone nuts?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on December 05, 2015, 06:07:39 PM
Wow. Have the Turks officially gone nuts?

The Iraqis haven't been able to demonstrate military cohesion - let alone competence - since the US withdrew. Turks are recognizing the new reality and getting there firstest with the mostest.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

To do what? Smack around the Kurds more? And risk a wider war more than they already have? They should be standing down, not stepping it up.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Hey, now, if ISIS can create a Caliphate while thumbing their noses at Russia and the West, the heirs to the Ottomans need to get it in gear!  :idiot2:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!