Consolidated Syria Conflict Thread

Started by Mr. Bigglesworth, September 19, 2015, 04:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

I didn't see Yankees, elephants, or bugs mentioned anywhere in this thread at all. 

MetalDog

You know me too well, sir :)
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Sir Slash

I think I know that girl. She's the one that always walks into the bar by herself AFTER I start hitting-on her best friend that I was just certain was going to be the last girl to walk into the bar. That's my biggest problem--- Premature Infatuation.  :idiot2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

jejo68

Quote from: Gusington on January 15, 2016, 07:57:25 PM
Bullshit guilt trip? Wiping out almost an entire group of people, including a lot of my own family, isn't bullshit. Just when I think I can befriend you and identify with your anger over this issue, you pull this again.

Listen, we all know MikeGER is the furthest thing from a Nazi. And Airborne Rifles is a great dude as well.

So calm down.

So for all of time, people who werent even born at the time are going to have to repent what their forefarthers did ? That was my main point.
Their is a big, big difference between never to forget, and to keep blaming the entire future population of a country.

MikeGER

Quote from: Airborne Rifles on January 15, 2016, 07:53:30 AM
Mike, I hope you're not endorsing the idea that drowning Syrian children is a good way to prevent terrorist attacks in Germany?  :o

i don't plan to drown toddlers ...but i cant guarantee on young (fit for military service) males in the public indoor swimming pool  >:D

"A western German town has barred adult male asylum seekers from its public indoor swimming pool after receiving complaints that some women were sexually harassed."
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jan/15/german-town-bans-male-refugees-from-swimming-pool

...of course after a shitstorm at Twitter and then the usual media  the mayor is taking it back after the weekend

JasonPratt

I'm... pretty conflicted about this, which has some strong relations to the Syrian/Iraqian problem.

http://webcenters.netscape.compuserve.com/news/story/1001/20160126/EOL5013

Quote[Iranian President]Hassan Rouhani's visit to the Holy See saw the first meeting between a pope and an Iranian president since 1999. Iran, which agreed to limit its nuclear activities in exchange for an end to economic sanctions, is eager to carve out a bigger role in mediating Middle East conflicts. Francis' papacy has been marked by mediation and conflict resolution.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

I am sure Rohani has a solution to achieve Mid-East peace. I just doubt it's the one where we get to live to see the achievement. Francis should already know this and act accordingly.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

LongBlade

How many divisions does the Pope have?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Sir Slash

I thought that was Comrade Stalin. Probably copied it from The Nap. The Pope doesn't need any divisions. He brings people to their knees all by himself.  :2funny: Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Boggit

Quote from: Bison on January 15, 2016, 08:53:30 PM
There is a big difference between the scapegoating and massacre of Jews by the Nazis and the anger against a population that is violent and demanding societal change just because they have come to the country.

Anyway not that it matters but I think everyone needs to relax a bit including me.
+1 Bison. Both subjects are emotive.

Btw, while I am sympathetic to the tragedy of the death of Aylan Kurdi, the media have unashamedly milked it for all it was worth to serve an agenda, but they "forgot" to say that the family were safe in Turkey for three years prior to his death, nor that his father was driving the boat at the time of his death... plus there are also allegations that his father profited from people smuggling too... The liberal media has used this death to further a pro-migrant agenda without discussing any other opinions other than as unreasonable by creating a politically correct species of censure on anyone who is critical of unopened borders. It's not to say that there are not people in need, worthy of help, but uncritical, unfettered immigration without any real thought as to who actually are the migrants, nor how they can be reasonably integrated into host communities gets very little airtime if it looks like it will detract from the media agenda. There is a lot of hypocrisy going on.

http://www.express.co.uk/comment/expresscomment/604590/Migrant-crisis-the-truth-about-the-boy-the-beach-Aylan-Kurdi
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/604535/Aylan-Kurdi-father-people-smuggler-refugee-crisis?_ga=1.158229306.1282622931.1454198657
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/09/05/aylan-kurdi-mainstream-media-refuse-to-tell-the-truth-about-human-trafficking/
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/aylan-kurdi-died-because-his-father-wanted-dental-treatment-claims-australian-politician-cory-a2942576.html
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

jejo68

And now they be mad in Austria. Turns out the immigrants are getting ahead of the locals when visiting hospitals. By order of the government.

JasonPratt

AFP is reporting riots as French federal forces start cleaning out a "jungle" migrant camp near Calaise.

http://news.yahoo.com/france-begins-bulldozing-part-jungle-refugee-camp-afp-105702246.html

One of the FB commenters noted "France built a nice, new facility for these people to live in. However, if they move in and get processed then they won't be able to sneak into England which has more generous welfare and benefits for migrants. Don't be fooled, these aren't refugees, they are economic migrants. If they were refugees, they would be happy to stay in a nice, safe country like France."

JasonPratt

Not to be outdone in the heat of the moment, some migrants and activists decided to preemptively strike!

QuoteMigrants and members of the British "No Borders" activist group, who launched projectiles at the police, also set fire to about 20 of the shelters, according to an AFP photographer and running clashes continued late into the afternoon.

...I think they must have been watching too much CNN and Fox News last year...?

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat