Seven Years War: Releases End of October

Started by Grim.Reaper, September 24, 2015, 09:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

keppelmueller

hi folks,

update to v1.084 is on for release this or next weekend including a campaign tutorial and bug fixings. the small ui thing is in work and should be fixed next!

greets, oliver

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Boggit

I'm looking at this with some interest, but would like to see more at this stage. I hope the forces are appropriate for the period - no British lancers, for example (not until 1816 anyway!).
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Jarhead0331

New update released today.

Quote
Game enhancements:
- campaign tutorial added (playable as first scenario with Britain)
- optimized fps performance when searching building sites or setting waypoints for armies/fleets
- changed font contrast

Game balance:
- increased delivery priorities for building sites
- changed necessary building resources for mines (skipped ari)
- reduced effect of corruption (be aware that corruption leads to losses in tax revenue and trade income)
- increased resource range of provincial buildings

Fixed bugs:
- fixed problem with multiple arranged regiments if drag and drop to a new div
- fixed embarking/debarking problems: shipped units now can debark if fleet is selected and rmc on land with wayrights (or enemy or own)
- fixed not chooseable buildings while upgrading
- fixed disappearing buildings while upgrading and seasonal change
- fixed problem with hanging armies after reloading an autosave game which was saved shortly before battle
- fixed problem with not chooseable policies shortly after a new game was started
- showing staff experience 0 if personal utilization is at 0
- fixed multiple division references after deleting buildings
- adjusted sensitivity with diagonal scroll
- corrected wrong campaign scenario ending display

Next Version:
- scaling UI
- implementation keyboard controls

Good stuff. I'm going to go in and check it out.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Jarhead0331

I'm happy to report that the UI is very improved. It is much easier to decipher and reading menu items is no longer a painful chore. Font is still pretty small, but overall, much improved.

Additionally, the tutorial, although pretty basic, is still very helpful and much appreciated. It does a good job of exploring the key menus and their functionality.

I'm still experiencing some issues with the game's dislike of multi-monitor set ups. For instance, in windowed mode, which is the only way I can keep my multi-display up, I am unable to scroll the map down. I am forced to use the mini-map if I want to access southern portions of the map.  I do really hope that the developer eventually adds hotkeys and keyboard functionality. Being able to use the arrow keys to move the map around would be really helpful.

Overall, this latest update is a good step forward. Now excuse me while I go deliver some firewater and small pox infected blankets to some local Indian tribes (yes, you can actually do this in the game!).
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


sandman2575


Swatter

Whether game will be any good will depend on the strategic AI and to a lesser extent the tactical AI. I haven't heard much about either.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Swatter on November 08, 2015, 05:04:38 PM
Whether game will be any good will depend on the strategic AI and to a lesser extent the tactical AI. I haven't heard much about either.

I've only played the new tutorial scenario, which, as far as combat is concerned, only involved embarkation, some very basic maneuvering and a siege. Not really able to judge the strength of the AI yet. You can buy it and try it out and then get a refund if you're not satisfied. It is hassle free.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


keppelmueller

hi, larger ui and fonts as well as hotkeys are in work for 1.085
greets

Jarhead0331

Quote from: keppelmueller on November 09, 2015, 01:08:34 AM
hi, larger ui and fonts as well as hotkeys are in work for 1.085
greets

Wooohooooo!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Dammit Carl!

Hmmm...this game, much like Jessica Alba, just keeps looking better and better.   O0

sandman2575


Nefaro

Quote from: sandman2575 on November 09, 2015, 08:12:52 AM
Quote from: keppelmueller on November 09, 2015, 01:08:34 AM
larger ui and fonts

excellent. just what my bespectacled eyes need.   O0


What's that?!

Speak up, sonny, I can't read you!!

:P



Asid

Quote from: Nefaro on November 09, 2015, 12:51:06 PM
What's that?!

Speak up, sonny, I can't read you!!

:P




Hey Nef...Where did you get my pic from?  ;D
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying