Main Menu

SABOW DLC: Basra 86

Started by Asid, September 28, 2015, 04:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Asid

SABOW DLC: Basra 86

Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/dlc/286280/
-15% off = £5.94

Operation Karbala 4



Operation Karbala 4. Was a failed offensive in 1986 by the Iranians to capture Basra in southern Iraq. It was claimed that it failed due to the help provided by the Americans. The Iraqi's were prepared for the attack helped by US intelligence they had received.

The battle itself was planned and eventually executed by Ali Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani. The operation would be launched under cover of darkness in order to gain a foothold along the Arvand Rūd/Shatt-al-Arab waterway. Once across, the Iranian forces would go on the offensive and eventually move onto the port city of Basra. The attack would be launched towards the Umm al-Rasas Island in the Shatt al Arab.

See more here: http://dogsofwarvu.com/forum/index.php/topic,1130.0.html
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Toonces

So is this Steam only?  I checked the Graviteam website and their only redirect to buy is at Steam.  I have the GG version of SABOW.

If we're going Steam only I'm going to re-buy it on Steam while it's on sale.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Toonces on September 28, 2015, 06:11:19 PM
So is this Steam only?  I checked the Graviteam website and their only redirect to buy is at Steam.  I have the GG version of SABOW.

If we're going Steam only I'm going to re-buy it on Steam while it's on sale.

I just rebought it on Steam myself. This is one developer that deserves the second purchase...
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Toonces

Yeah, $28 including DLC isn't going to break the bank.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Snack it.  I just bought the game and DLC on Steam.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

-budd-

I'd be surprised if it didn't show up on GG. Man i suck at steel armor...more like burning armor ;D
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Asid

Hi

I am pretty sure it will appear on Gamers Gate so hang in there. This is a good DLC.

Please click the link to see more about it: http://dogsofwarvu.com/forum/index.php/topic,1130.0.html

This is a great dev that deserves support  O0

Regards
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

jomni

Graviteam replied to my Facebook query.  GG version out soon.

RyanE

I'll get it just for the swimming tanks.

jomni

Quote from: RyanE on September 29, 2015, 05:10:22 AM
I'll get it just for the swimming tanks.

Combat Mission has swimming tanks too.

RyanE

So what...I wasn't comparing them.  I bought that too.

Toonces

Thanks for the head's up.  I think I'll just keep the Steam version for now- it's only 20 clams and since I already bought it...
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Asid

Quote from: Toonces on September 29, 2015, 04:06:20 PM
Thanks for the head's up.  I think I'll just keep the Steam version for now- it's only 20 clams and since I already bought it...

I use the Steam version. It works great  :)
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Asid

Graviteam use actual maps and terrain data.

From SABOW Basra 86


Same location from Google Earth


Same location from Google Earth
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Zulu1966

Yep - I bought that Asid. For the price thats a heft load of DLC.

One question since you seem to be in the know. My steam version still has the old update procedure available.

I am presuming as its on steam I no longer need to worry about that - which always confused me with all of their games.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.