Main Menu

Diablo 3

Started by Bison, May 15, 2012, 01:34:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Bald doesn't preclude red.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Quote from: bob48 on August 30, 2012, 04:52:56 PM
Um, you have seen Red Dwarf I take it?

Quote from: Gusington on August 30, 2012, 04:54:08 PM
^No but I've been called one.

Quote from: LongBlade on August 30, 2012, 06:02:26 PM
I always thought he went by The Bald Dwarf.

Shows what I know.

So you didn't know about his Bolshie days back in University? 'Twas when he ran afoul of the 'You Must Be This Tall To Ride The Peoples' Rollercoaster' sign that he decided on a different path...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

^That's about it in a nutshell.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Well I haven't been able to get the game to load for 3 days. I guess my career is stopped dead in the water by tech difficulties and Belial. Bastards.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Staggerwing on August 30, 2012, 06:21:08 PM
So you didn't know about his Bolshie days back in University?

I know all about being a leftie in college. But the Chrome Dome rules all. Even bad judgment in college. Including that chick who was studying psychology.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on August 31, 2012, 11:05:34 PM
Well I haven't been able to get the game to load for 3 days. I guess my career is stopped dead in the water by tech difficulties and Belial. Bastards.

Evidentally your internet is working, so you've not been cut off in that sense.

Did Belial really smack you that hard?  :P

LongBlade

Quote from: Nefaro on August 31, 2012, 11:20:34 PM

Evidentally your internet is working, so you've not been cut off in that sense.

Did Belial really smack you that hard?  :P

He's a lover, not a fighter.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Nefaro

Quote from: LongBlade on August 31, 2012, 11:25:19 PM

He's a lover, not a fighter.

;D

I figured maybe it was such a beating that it even destroyed his installation. 

LOL!

:P

Kushan

If it makes you feel any better, the group I was in took down Belial (inferno) on the first attempt yesterday.  8)
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Bison

I've been playing it on and off for the last few weeks.  The game has so much potential, but I cannot get over the fact that Blizzard dorked up the randomization.  I feel like I'm playing the exact same dungeon layouts on my second character as I did my first. 

Nefaro

Quote from: Bison on September 01, 2012, 04:40:48 AM
I've been playing it on and off for the last few weeks.  The game has so much potential, but I cannot get over the fact that Blizzard dorked up the randomization.  I feel like I'm playing the exact same dungeon layouts on my second character as I did my first.

It's because you ARE playing the same dungeon layouts.

The randomization is barely there as the dungeon section 'tiles' are massive.  I get the feeling there's only two or three tiles pieced together on each level so most passages are the same.

I still think the worst thing about the game is the shortage of campaign content.  I finished my first run in something like 18 hours, my second in 15.  That's terrible, especially for $60.  It's quite obvious the rumors about them scrapping the whole thing, and starting anew a few times, is true.. and they never finished the content IMO - just touching it up & kicking it out the door for an overly premium price.

Gusington

When I try to fire up the game it "checks for updates" and then gives me an error message and has done this every time since Tuesday. Maybe I do suck bad enough and the game has registered this and won't let me in again :/

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Kushan

Quote from: Gusington on September 01, 2012, 08:15:14 AM
When I try to fire up the game it "checks for updates" and then gives me an error message and has done this every time since Tuesday. Maybe I do suck bad enough and the game has registered this and won't let me in again :/

What error message are you getting?
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Bison

I'd give Nefaro's left nut for a completely randomized dungeon delve like Diablo 1.  Who f'n cares about the story by the 3d time through?  All you want is to kill crap, get loot and experience a new dungeon layout. 

bob48

Quote from: Bison on September 01, 2012, 10:52:32 AM
I'd give Nefaro's left nut for a completely randomized dungeon delve like Diablo 1.  Who f'n cares about the story by the 3d time through?  All you want is to kill crap, get loot and experience a new dungeon layout.

Mrs Bob said much the same, although not quite in the same succinct way as you did Bison  :)
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!