Main Menu

Stellaris

Started by RedArgo, October 01, 2015, 01:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandman2575

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on February 15, 2016, 01:41:29 PM
I wonder what their definition of "near complete" is :)

......near completion to be released to testers?  Early access?  Or almost ready to be made available for purchase?

"Near complete" to me sounds like an exaggeration, if it's meant to imply "we're in Beta and it's only a matter of a month or two now!" I don't have the sense at *all* that Stellaris is that far along.

Paradox *just last week* announced that the Beta candidate for Hearts of Iron IV has been accepted. They've just entered Beta. On a game that was announced in January 2014. My hope is we'll see HOI4 around June or July at this point. Nothing to me indicates Stellaris is as far along the development pipeline as HoI4...

My guess for Stellaris -- and it is a guess -- is a Q4 2016 release. Would love to see it earlier (would love to see it next week!), but I truly don't think we're a month or two from release.

Grim.Reaper

That's not the kind of estimate release time I hoped for:)

I am ok with whatever it turns out to be...plenty to play.

Huw the Poo

The article says that in March they will play a near-complete build.  I'm hoping for a summer release.

sandman2575

Quote from: Huw the Poo on February 15, 2016, 02:47:30 PM
The article says that in March they will play a near-complete build.  I'm hoping for a summer release.

That would be great. Still, I'm skeptical after Pdox's own estimates for HOI4 proved so wrong -- it was slated for release Q2 2015, which was wildly optimistic.

But hey, the sooner the better, provided the game's in the shape they want.   O0

Grim.Reaper

Say this on Paradox....one of the developers responded to the article....

Troy Goodfellow (ass. developer at Pdox) wrote this on his twitter today about Stellaris and the PCGamer announcement:
-We have not announced a release date. All that line means is that major features are set.
-Nah, it's accurate. This is a mostly finished game. But lots of small stuff to fine tune. Only we know release date.

RedArgo

I don't think I've been eagerly anticipating any game this much since MOO3.  Sure hope it isn't a repeat.  :D

OJsDad

Hmm, has Paradox every made a two major releases in the same quarter or back to back quarters.  I would think they would want at least a 3 month gap between HOI4 and Stellaris coming out, otherwise, the first one out may hurt the sales of the second.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Anguille

Quote from: RedArgo on February 15, 2016, 03:34:27 PM
I don't think I've been eagerly anticipating any game this much since MOO3.  Sure hope it isn't a repeat.  :D
The good thing for me is that i don't have that anticipation...i hope i will be blown away.

Huw the Poo

Well y'all may think I'm optimistic....some people still expect to get Stellaris tomorrow, based on the original "leaked release date". :D

sandman2575

Quote from: Huw the Poo on February 15, 2016, 06:38:29 PM
Well y'all may think I'm optimistic....some people still expect to get Stellaris tomorrow, based on the original "leaked release date". :D

That would be quite the stealth marketing campaign on Pdox's part. 

"Surprise!! Stellaris released!!"

vyshka

Troy Goodfellow needs to have an episode of Three Moves Ahead be about Stellaris

Kushan

3MA will have an episode for sure but since troy works for Paradox now he excuses himself anytime they talk about Paradox games.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Martok

I could've sworn I read somewhere that now Stellaris might be released before HoI4, but I'll be buggered if I can remember where or find the reference.  Grrr. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Huw the Poo

It seems likely.  Looks further along in its development than HoI4 from what I've seen although, admittedly, I've been pointedly ignoring a lot of what's been released for Stellaris because I want to discover it for myself when I play.

sandman2575

I think you guys are right about Stellaris coming sooner rather than later, the more I think about it. After things went awry in the early stages of HoI4, someone at Pdox (Wester, or maybe Johan) said they would never again announce a new title until it was in/near Beta. Stellaris sounds like it's the first title to observe this 'rule,' and thus was mostly baked by the time the public heard about it.

Meanwhile, over 2 years now since HoI4's announcement........

I'm bitch about HoI4 but not really in earnest. I'm just **really** looking forward to it. 2016 looks like it could be Pdox's greatest year yet, if both Stellaris and HoI4 live up to expectations (and fingers crossed, it looks like they will)...