Main Menu

Stellaris

Started by RedArgo, October 01, 2015, 01:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Quote from: Barthheart on May 17, 2016, 01:36:18 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on May 17, 2016, 01:32:19 PM

LOL

Well... the calendar is based on solar & lunar cycles on Earth.

So having a standardized system for various alien civilizations, minus all the little Earth idiosyncrasies, may be ideal?

Or maybe I'm trying to rationalize a uniform calendar to an OCD person with a dateline fixation?   ;D

:knuppel2:

>:D

Hofstadter

Im loving stellaris, but the AI isnt aggressive enough. In my game i beelined for an enemies homeworld that was roughly equal in military power, then made them my vassal. I then starte to intergrate and just focused on my worlds. But heres the thing, I never increased my armies power, they eventually got to overwhelming power and never declared war on me before i intergrated. Wtf?
My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"

Huw the Poo

Yeah, if a vassal's military exceeds your own there should probably be a strong chance they'd attack.  I guess it defends on the type of empire they are as well, though.  Were they pacifist or something?

Outside of that, though, the other empires declare war all the time in my game now.  I just finished a huge 15 year conflict between another alliance and my own that they started.  It was fun!

Anguille

I really regret the lack of victory conditions...i am more the scientific/diplomatic kind of player so i miss more options like in MOO and Armada 2526....i hope they add something here.

OJsDad

Hotfix #3 has been released.  Steam has already pushed it out.

- Fixed Planet capital modifier being spammed.
- Fixed CTD caused by ground combat side containing invalid armies.
- Fixed issue with disabling everything in Outliner would render it unusable.
- Fixed issue with orbital bombardment of swarm invaders.
- Removed shortcut from "help" button to avoid colliding with fleet "hold" shortcut.
- Performance optimizations caused by huge amounts of resource stations.
- Ship designer: List of designs is sorted according to ship sizes.
- Transport ships are now designable.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Greybriar

Quote from: OJsDad on May 18, 2016, 08:20:03 AM
Hotfix #3 has been released.  Steam has already pushed it out.

- Fixed Planet capital modifier being spammed.
- Fixed CTD caused by ground combat side containing invalid armies.
- Fixed issue with disabling everything in Outliner would render it unusable.
- Fixed issue with orbital bombardment of swarm invaders.
- Removed shortcut from "help" button to avoid colliding with fleet "hold" shortcut.
- Performance optimizations caused by huge amounts of resource stations.
- Ship designer: List of designs is sorted according to ship sizes.
- Transport ships are now designable.

Looks like there were a few bugs after all, eh Tuna and Jarhead?
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Jarhead0331

^Seriously?

Who said there weren't bugs? The only thing that I suggested is that it wasn't a big riddled disaster like paradox titles of old.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Greybriar

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 18, 2016, 08:49:40 AM
^Seriously?

Who said there weren't bugs? The only thing that I suggested is that it wasn't a big riddled disaster like paradox titles of old.

You and tuna did:

Quote from: Tuna on May 10, 2016, 07:13:27 AM
What bugs? Was only 29 bucks at CDKeys.. not sure if that's still the price.

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 10, 2016, 07:20:03 AM
^exactly. What bugs? If you don't feel the urge to have the game now, that's fine, but don't claim it has bugs, is incomplete, or isn't a quality release to justify your decision. I see a lot of people buying a lot of crap, so it surprises me when people pass on a quality release.

Like tuna said, this isn't exactly an expensive game. You can get it easily for under $30.

I agree with you about it not being riddled with bugs like the older Paradox titles were.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Greybriar on May 18, 2016, 09:23:05 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 18, 2016, 08:49:40 AM
^Seriously?

You and tuna did:

Quote from: Tuna on May 10, 2016, 07:13:27 AM
What bugs? Was only 29 bucks at CDKeys.. not sure if that's still the price.

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 10, 2016, 07:20:03 AM
^exactly. What bugs? If you don't feel the urge to have the game now, that's fine, but don't claim it has bugs, is incomplete, or isn't a quality release to justify your decision. I see a lot of people buying a lot of crap, so it surprises me when people pass on a quality release.

Like tuna said, this isn't exactly an expensive game. You can get it easily for under $30.

I agree with you about it not being riddled with bugs like the older Paradox titles were.

This is a completely unnecessary conversation and I'm sorry you were so butt hurt over it that you had to go back 20 pages in the thread to bring it up again.

If you think I was suggesting that this game was absolutely 100% bug free, you're off your meds and/or are losing your mind.  I was merely responding to your comment, which to me, was suggesting that the game was full of game stopping bugs, which was typical of the earlier titles released by Paradox. I think they have done a great job over the last few releases to break that trend, so I was only trying to raise that point.

I understand if your hesitation has to do with cash flow. But its crazy to me when I see a lot of people spending their money on a lot of crap, but then holding out on innovative, or solid titles on the basis that they are too buggy, or some how seriously flawed. Not saying you were doing that, but its something I see a lot of in the forums.

Anyway, I've struggled with this title. It took me quite some time to really start enjoying it, and its not without its letdowns. But to me, the bugs are minimal and should not be a source of consternation.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

solops

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on May 18, 2016, 09:49:50 AM

This is a completely unnecessary conversation...

I miss the cat. The whole bunker question keeps me up at night.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Greybriar

This is a completely unnecessary conversation and I'm sorry you were so butt hurt over it that you had to go back 20 pages in the thread to bring it up again.

If you think I was suggesting that this game was absolutely 100% bug free, you're off your meds and/or are losing your mind.  I was merely responding to your comment, which to me, was suggesting that the game was full of game stopping bugs, which was typical of the earlier titles released by Paradox. I think they have done a great job over the last few releases to break that trend, so I was only trying to raise that point.

I understand if your hesitation has to do with cash flow. But its crazy to me when I see a lot of people spending their money on a lot of crap, but then holding out on innovative, or solid titles on the basis that they are too buggy, or some how seriously flawed. Not saying you were doing that, but its something I see a lot of in the forums.

Anyway, I've struggled with this title. It took me quite some time to really start enjoying it, and its not without its letdowns. But to me, the bugs are minimal and should not be a source of consternation.

I think you'd better lighten up, Jarhead. I don't appreciate your crude remarks about me.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Greybriar on May 18, 2016, 10:09:53 AM

I think you'd better lighten up, Jarhead. I don't appreciate your crude remarks about me.

I don't appreciate your passive-aggressive shots at me either. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. You know exactly what you're doing too, so let me give you some advice too. Knock it off.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Greybriar

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Huw the Poo

Speaking of bugs, here's an odd one.  Every time I load, one of the empires in my alliance (not always the same one, either) has a completely different name.  It's not a huge deal of course and has no impact on the game, but it's kind of jarring.  Has anyone else noticed this?