Main Menu

Stellaris

Started by RedArgo, October 01, 2015, 01:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: OJsDad on October 24, 2016, 04:14:25 PM
Stellaris isn't a Matrix game, so you 38% off won't help.

This fine print is really bumming me out!  Matrix... Paradox...  It's that damn letter "x" at the end!!!

:crazy2:

ghostryder

I have the DLC. I had a fleet totally destroyed when an enemy fallen empire fleet showed up while I was fighting one of their lesser subjects--I quickly rebuilt having about 9 planets. (I mod out sectors with the 100 planet mod) -- and continue to forge forward taking a planet at a time by neighboring lessor enemies. There's no way to flip them until the war in heaven war is settled---you have to occupy them---I built some battle stations--fortress's to quard them--and then move my fleet to the next target. As long as my resources hold up this tactic should work. But supporting those fortress's does drain my plus income to a point I'll go negative in about 2 more invasions. I have'nt figured out what I'll do after that. I do have a few Fallen Empire ships that follow my main fleet around---their called the ? Crusaders---can't remember--but they aren't that many--they mostly pick off straglers.

mikeck

Love the concept of the "fallen empires". So much more interesting than giant sun sucking space worm
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

OJsDad

Has anyone else noticed that not all mods are showing as compatible.  Visiting steam, some of these show that they have been updated, but when I run Stellaris, they're not. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

OJsDad

Quote from: OJsDad on October 26, 2016, 07:34:34 AM
Has anyone else noticed that not all mods are showing as compatible.  Visiting steam, some of these show that they have been updated, but when I run Stellaris, they're not.

Got it figured out.  I went into Documents\Paradox\Stellaris\Mod and deleted everything there.  When I launched the game, the mods were showing as usable. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

jamus34

I haven't be able to spend much qt with the Heinlein patch yet however can someone confirm that they improved the combined arms approach to fleet setup?

Insert witty comment here.

Nefaro

Quote from: Freyland on October 24, 2016, 10:25:08 AM
Quote from: FarAway Sooner on October 24, 2016, 09:49:05 AM
I do agree that the "Space Monsters" theme is a bit worn out after all these games.

I'd love to see somebody implement a "Space Farm" theme.  You could have Star Goats and Space Cows that yielded resources, Stellar Coyotes and the infamous Space Fire Ants to pose a threat, and one of the earlier techs would you a Space Dog that could provide advance warning of the larger threats and chase off the smaller ones (but would be impervious to stop the Space Fire Ants).

What'chu talkin' bout, Willis?

Space Wheat.

FarAway Sooner

Quote from: Nefaro on October 26, 2016, 05:48:55 PM
Quote from: Freyland on October 24, 2016, 10:25:08 AM
Quote from: FarAway Sooner on October 24, 2016, 09:49:05 AM
I do agree that the "Space Monsters" theme is a bit worn out after all these games.

I'd love to see somebody implement a "Space Farm" theme.  You could have Star Goats and Space Cows that yielded resources, Stellar Coyotes and the infamous Space Fire Ants to pose a threat, and one of the earlier techs would you a Space Dog that could provide advance warning of the larger threats and chase off the smaller ones (but would be impervious to stop the Space Fire Ants).

What'chu talkin' bout, Willis?

Space Wheat.

I like it.  Of course, Space Geese would show up to eat the Space Wheat ocasionally. 

Unless you can keep your Space Goose in your Space Canoe while you're crossing the Space River, then go back with the Space Fox in your boat and pick up the Space Wheat...

ghostryder

I haven't be able to spend much qt with the Heinlein patch yet however can someone confirm that they improved the combined arms approach to fleet setup?

Yes it's quite different now. Ships have roles now. For example you can't put torpedoes on every one. Corvettes can still carry missles--but in my observation they aren't as effective as they once were--visually examining a battle you can clearly see a lot get intercepted. The larger ships you can choose the hangar bays or torpedoes, etc. Pretty much everything has been reworked, moved as well as some additional techs have been added. No doubt some balancing may be needed but it certainly is far more interesting putting them together now.

I'd also note-now past the war in heaven and having the Bidden crisis just show up-later game performance is improved. I'll still get an occassional stall where the game seems paused (when it's not) for a few seconds then it continues but overall it seems a bit smoothier running...at least on my large Galaxy.  Overall I've been a lot more busy playing the game as opposed to waiting for something to happen. I'm still not strong enough to fight my overlords--that crusader awaken empire-for my independance but perhaps the bidden may weaken them somewhat.  They granted my nothing as far as planets after we won the war in heaven because "I didn't do enough"....I took several planets and occupied them...at least 10...but they were minor nation with none belonging to the opposed awaken empire-and i've read in the forums others being granted a few planets....so maybe it's because I didn't take them head on? that seemed undoble given the strength of their fleets. Right now I own 14 planets and can field up to a 350 point fleet--still far from the 1k cap. Very interesting game and nowhere near winning. Luckily the Bidden is on the other side of the map.

Martok

I couldn't hold off any longer.  Picked up Leviathans today.  Will have to wait to play it til at least tomorrow, though. 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

OJsDad

Has anyone else noticed that you cannot delete ship designs, at least not the latest.

Silent Disapproval Robot

The game seems to be cheating now.  I keep getting sandwiched right next to two other empires right off the bat even when I turn clustered start off and they're already colonizing their 3rd planet by the time I've researched a colony ship and I'm playing as science weenies.

OJsDad

SRD, how many empires are you playing against and how big is your map. 

I had to cut my number of opponents down to keep them from starting on top of me, and that was with a 1000 star map.  Though I may have cut it back to far. 

I'm also still using the no cluster start mod. 

Silent Disapproval Robot

800 star map, elliptical galaxy, 10 AI empires.

mikeck

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on October 30, 2016, 02:34:04 PM
The game seems to be cheating now.  I keep getting sandwiched right next to two other empires right off the bat even when I turn clustered start off and they're already colonizing their 3rd planet by the time I've researched a colony ship and I'm playing as science weenies.

Are they checked as advanced empires ?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson