Cougars return to West TN!

Started by JasonPratt, October 05, 2015, 11:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JasonPratt

No, not that kind of cougar...  ::)

https://www.facebook.com/DeerHuntersInWKywTnArea/posts/726532734113376



This is definitely not the first official cougar sighting nearby in modern times -- a cougar was killed on the road up around Greenfield a few years ago, there were photos in the newspaper of the dead body. Mason Hall is about the same distance away from me, maybe closer depending on where the trail cam was set. Within 20 miles easy.

The screenshot below shows both Greenfield and Mason Hall in relation to Dyer.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Centurion40

Yeah, "that" kind of cougar never left!!  ;)
Any time is a good time for pie.

GDS_Starfury

Not the news I was hoping for.  :(
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


LongBlade

Both good and bad news.

Glad to see the the mountain lions are thriving. But...they are consummate hunters - even of people. 
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

airboy

Game is coming back all across the Eastern half of the USA.  There is more forest (and deer) in New England now than there was in 1790.

Black bears have come back to my part of Alabama. 

Silent Disapproval Robot

Cougars are all over the place out here.  Had one show up at the provincial legislature earlier this week.  Too bad they weren't in session.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/cougar-tranquillized-near-b-c-legislature-in-victoria-1.3256866

Sir Slash

Here in Fla. too. The Florida Panther that was supposed to be almost extinct have been sighted by many private citizens though Wildlife Officers can't seem to find them anywhere. And we have a limited Black Bear hunt now in Fla. First time in forever. Along the coastal beaches where Sea Turtles have been nesting and can't be disturbed at all, Coyotes are now showing up on the islands and eating the turtles when they hatch. Maybe too much wildlife.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Bison

I'm this goes against all of my media indoctrination that humans are wiping all other species off the planet.

Con

When I google West Tennessee Cougar this is what I get

Bison


JasonPratt

^^ Sadly, not West TN.

Quote from: Con on October 07, 2015, 01:11:01 PM
When I google West Tennessee Cougar this is what I get


Tina Turner (West TN native) has indeed let herself go in recent decades.


Update: not only did TN Wildlife confirm the photo as genuine, but another (or the same one) was sighted a day or two later at Hornbeak, another five miles farther away.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Staggerwing

Looks like some subset of Felis Nodentium Ancientis.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys