Flashpoint Campaigns: Germany Reforged Announced!

Started by Capn Darwin, October 06, 2015, 11:35:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Kushan

While I will  likely be purchasing day 1, as someone who never played the original Flashpoint Germany, is there anything special or unique about the FG scenarios that's not already covered in the crop of FCRS scenarios or is it just more NATO vs the USSR (not that is a bad thing)?
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Pinetree

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on October 06, 2015, 05:15:15 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 06, 2015, 12:09:23 PM
Excellent news. Love how the maps in the screenshots depict elevations.

Seconded on both points; I don't recall ever seeing something that well done on a 2-D computer game before.

'Tis a fine time to be of the groggy set!

They're looking a lot more like my old hand-drawn ones now, which is pretty damn cool considering they're computer generated.   O0
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

Thomasew

#17
Post deleted ..  :)

Read the answer in Capn Darwin's original post ..  :)

It was in reference to version 2.0.10, .. which is a requirement for the Scenario Pack.

Cheers
Tom
He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

Capn Darwin

No problem. Just to cover the question. We will release the 2.0.10 update just ahead of Germany Reforged going live.
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Mad Russian

Quote from: Kushan on October 06, 2015, 09:21:47 PM
While I will  likely be purchasing day 1, as someone who never played the original Flashpoint Germany, is there anything special or unique about the FG scenarios that's not already covered in the crop of FCRS scenarios or is it just more NATO vs the USSR (not that is a bad thing)?

Well, yes and no. It's just more NATO versus the USSR. That's mostly what the Cold War gone HOT is all about. There are no new countries in this scenario pack. Those will be along with Southern Storm where 4 new countries will be added in.

What you get are 4 redone maps and a new one. The new map is of larger size than our previous maps.

What it really does is Grandfather the Flashpoint Germany game, the first game in the series to the current level of game play. So that you can play the old original scenarios with the new game mechanics. The pack includes the old scenarios as created. With their OOB's untouched. Then just to make it more interesting we added revised scenarios to reflect the considerable historical research done on the combatants and what they would have theoretically used. As close as we can get to the actual forces without them actually shooting at each other.

This pack has been in development for months. We are pretty sure you'll find lots more hours of FPC gameplay with the old fights given new life!!!

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

ComradeP

It's been a while since I played Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm. No particular reason, just moved to other wargames after having to format the PC.

This looks like an interesting package, although I guess it has more appeal to people who bought the original Flashpoint Campaigns and want to see what the scenarios are like with the new and improved standard than to people who truly want something new, due to there being no new countries until Southern Storm.

Does the pack include only standalone scenarios or can some of them be linked into a campaign?
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

jomni

What we lost from the original Flashpoint is the ability to fine tune SOP engagement doctrines.

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Zulu1966

Must say this is looking good. Like the size of maps... Are there many that size in the game ?
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Capn Darwin

Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Kushan

Downloading Germany Reforged now. Guess I know what I'll be streaming on my twitch channel Saturday :)
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Capn Darwin

Kushan, what time is the stream? I will be happy to post on Matrix and Facebook to let folks know.  O0
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

Philippe

Where do I  find my serial number if I bought the game on Steam? 

I want to register it with Matrix and the black pop-up with serial numbers isn't staying on the screen for more than a micro-second when I launch the game. 

Shift-tab doesn't seem to do anything even though I have the Steam overlay checked under the properties tab in the Game Library.
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.


History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.


Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Kushan

Quote from: Capn Darwin on November 12, 2015, 12:25:52 PM
Kushan, what time is the stream? I will be happy to post on Matrix and Facebook to let folks know.  O0

Saturday, 11am PST which I think is 19:00 GMT.

Thanks!
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

Capn Darwin

Steam does not have a serial number and thusly there is no way to register the game with Matrix. If you have a Matrix version with a serial number, there is a way to register with Steam. It is a function of how Steam and Matrix track sold versions. If you have any other questions, please contact Matrix Games support or even Steam support. I am not aware of any "fix" for this situation at the moment.
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.