Draft Day Sports: Pro Football 2016 Announced

Started by Grim.Reaper, October 09, 2015, 02:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

They just released a second patch to the game.....

After one season simulation, I declare the patch must have broken the game entirely.......the CLEVELAND BROWNS won the Super Bowl !!!!

In all seriousness, nice to see two patches in one week.

Nefaro

#61
ROFL..  Cleveland.  :D

I do recall the AI constantly besting me at the Free Agent bidding wars before the season started in PFS.  Some of the teams with mediocre rosters would end up with good veterans and kick my ass later because they had the room to afford it.   

Not sure what pre-season time period the rosters are set up for on this one but it may be early enough that many of the players who went to free agency are available, which is a big deal.  Some sports sims start with first game rosters while a few leave more of the inter-seasonal stuff open on new games.

Nefaro

#62
I broke down and purchased the Steam version of Bowl Bound, despite numerous reports of regular crashes & the need to constantly save.

Not even into college ball much, due to the roster turnover rates for one.  But I'm guessing the new FOF with the revised (and MUCH needed) gameplan stuff won't be out until.. next year?

I do enjoy FOF although it has issues and some annoyances in certain areas.  I really hope they can ditch that godawful gameplan percentage matrix nonsense.  Not only does it seem more like programming than creating an offensive/defensive plan, it's nutty randomness regularly results in the AI (and your own team when simmed) doing nonsense like calling a "Dime Defense keying heavily on the Run" on 2nd & 7.   ::)

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Nefaro on December 31, 2015, 01:58:30 PM
I broke down and purchased the Steam version of Bowl Bound, despite numerous reports of regular crashes & the need to constantly save.

Not even into college ball much, due to the roster turnover rates for one.  But I'm guessing the new FOF with the revised (and MUCH needed) gameplan stuff won't be out until.. next year?

Well since tomorrow is next year, that is safe bet:)

Grim.Reaper

The out of eight guy did a video review, but he really didn't get deep into a lot of the issues.....after playing the demo quite a bit, just too many issues/concerns to warrant me purchasing this year.  If they actually take all the feedback and make a lot more adjustments for next year, maybe will consider it then.....it appears they are already in typical "Wolverine" mode after releasing a few early patches (really not much fixed/enhanced), pretty much things have slowed down and likely won't see any major stuff until next year.  I really think they made a price mistake for the first version since this initial version is not much different then the previous PFS version, should have been for under $20 to get people interested...then in the future when they actually add stuff, then bump up the price.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCkCoIWtqUc

KyzBP


Grim.Reaper

On the few league sites I visited, seems like most people hesitant to move to the new version...if they can't even get those people to move, will be difficult for new people and single players.

KyzBP

Which, of course, means the game will develop no further due to "Lack of Interest" in this type of game. :idiot2:

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: KyzBP on January 24, 2016, 11:00:43 AM
Which, of course, means the game will develop no further due to "Lack of Interest" in this type of game. :idiot2:

Yep...ultimately I have big expectations for next version of fof, plus bts....so this game likely missed its opportunity anyway