Scariest Game you Played this Year

Started by Gusington, October 14, 2015, 12:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd


Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Sir Slash

Not scary but spooky. The annual Halloween mod for Skyrim is over at the Steam Workshop. It's called,   SET for Halloween  and does a bunch of stuff Halloween-related to the game. Hey, it's free.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Father Ted on October 14, 2015, 04:17:54 PM
Blimey, you Americans and your Halloween!

HA!  My wife loves the "holiday".  She's gonna love that I am going to post this....

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback


Nefaro

Quote from: Huw the Poo on October 14, 2015, 05:51:58 PM
Quote from: Father Ted on October 14, 2015, 04:17:54 PM
Blimey, you Americans and your Halloween!

They bloody love it, don't they?  As someone who reads Reddit every day I kind of dread it...for a good week the front page is nothing but "look at my costume!"


As a wise man once said, "Halloween is just an excuse for women to dress like dirty sluts."

  O0


As a bonus, we get a month of horror theme every year.   8)

nevermore

WWI 28mm game,big Mark farted and he had a vindaloo the night before, WWI effect - perfect mustard gas attack :crazy2:

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

#39
A wee taster...nothing particularly scary here - but it's where I left the game.



Just that intro puts the heeby jeebies up me!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

SirAndrewD

Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 15, 2015, 01:09:34 PM
A wee taster...nothing particularly scary here - but it's where I left the game.

Just that intro puts the heeby jeebies up me!

I made it about as far as well.  The first time I saw the Alien, I hid in a locker and then I couldn't bring myself to ever leave.   

It doesn't help that my mother introduced me to Alien when I was only 9, and she made me watch it when I essentially knew nothing about it and had to see it at night with the lights off. 

This game is just reliving the nightmares that gave me for a few years.  That is to say, it's fantastic.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Huw the Poo

Quote from: SirAndrewD on October 15, 2015, 01:53:25 PM
It doesn't help that my mother introduced me to Alien when I was only 9, and she made me watch it when I essentially knew nothing about it and had to see it at night with the lights off. 

:o

Had you been a little shit that day or something?

sandman2575

Quote from: SirAndrewD on October 15, 2015, 01:53:25 PM
It doesn't help that my mother introduced me to Alien when I was only 9, and she made me watch it when I essentially knew nothing about it and had to see it at night with the lights off. 

Your mother did that to you?   :o

I'd make some quip about the Nostromo's unfeeling AI computer, but I fear it would come off as insulting (not my intent).   :coolsmiley:

In my youth, nothing was more terrifying to me than the Alien. Thing scared the absolute s**t out of me. 

I'm mostly over it now...mostly...

SirAndrewD

Quote from: sandman2575 on October 15, 2015, 02:12:04 PM
Quote from: SirAndrewD on October 15, 2015, 01:53:25 PM
It doesn't help that my mother introduced me to Alien when I was only 9, and she made me watch it when I essentially knew nothing about it and had to see it at night with the lights off. 

Your mother did that to you?   :o

I'd make some quip about the Nostromo's unfeeling AI computer, but I fear it would come off as insulting (not my intent).   :coolsmiley:

In my youth, nothing was more terrifying to me than the Alien. Thing scared the absolute s**t out of me. 

I'm mostly over it now...mostly...

My Mom was great.  She introduced me to sci-fi properly as a kid.  That was the year Aliens came out and she wanted to see it in the theater, so there wasn't any waiting around.  I wasn't going to see the sequel without seeing the original first.

No matter how much it scared me I used to watch that film every chance I got when I was a kid.   

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

JudgeDredd

It is the single best scary movie imo.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people