Scariest Game you Played this Year

Started by Gusington, October 14, 2015, 12:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Toonces

Ummmm...

Alien Isolation
STALKER
Soma
Outcast


You know, one of those myriad games mentioned in this thread that you haven't played before...   :P
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

^I did play Stalker - was that actually mentioned above? You're drinking now eh...
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Quote from: WallysWorld on October 14, 2015, 02:36:05 PM
For this year, it was:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl which I'm still playing. Still get goosebumps when radiated creatures come after me.
Penumbra: Black Plague. I still shudder when I think of some of the truly scary parts of that game. Glad I completed the game as it was worth the effort.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

I'm not saying I wasn't...   :-[   :P
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Father Ted

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 16, 2015, 09:41:40 AM
I remember there being a Headless Horseman in Skyrim somewhere. I think it was connected to one of the shipwrecks. Not that scary but cool.

When I was about 7 I saw a Disney interpretation of the Sleepy Hollow legend and it terrified me.  Needless to say I keep scary games at arm's length.

Boggit

Plague Inc Evolved, where you play a disease and have to wipe out humanity. OMG it could happen! Some of the most entertaining scenarios were the Necroa virus (Zombies), and the Simian virus (Planet of the Apes).
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Gusington

^I've seen that game on Steam - looks interesting.

And there are some cartoons from my youth that still sort of haunt me...like Father Ted's Sleepy Hollow. Something about It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown also is kinda creepy...can't put my finger on it.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: SirAndrewD on October 15, 2015, 03:14:10 PM

My Mom was great.  She introduced me to sci-fi properly as a kid.  That was the year Aliens came out and she wanted to see it in the theater, so there wasn't any waiting around.  I wasn't going to see the sequel without seeing the original first.

No matter how much it scared me I used to watch that film every chance I got when I was a kid.


That's awesome.  Mine was the same.  She took me to see Aliens in the theater when I was a kid.  I loved it.

The first movie I watched in a theater was the original Star Wars, only a few days after my 2nd birthday.  Mom was 7+ months pregnant, and bringing a 2-year old had potential disaster written all over it, but she refused to miss it despite the possible issues.  I don't really remember it but evidently I was staring, mouth agape, the whole time. 

Also recall her taking me to see stuff like Close Encounters of the Third Kind and Conan the Barbarian at Drive-Ins later on.   

Must be in our genes, huh?

Gusington

^ I was three when the original Star Wars came out and my Grandma took me to see it!

According to family lore I watched the guy behind me the whole time and didn't look at the screen once.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

besilarius

"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on October 21, 2015, 05:23:06 PM

According to family lore I watched the guy behind me the whole time and didn't look at the screen once.


Ohhhh.  That explains it.  You were one of those kids.  Always staring at some select stranger your whole time in a public place.

:crazy2:

Sir Slash

Hope it wasn't Star sitting behind him. My small town had no theater until about 1980 so I didn't get to see Star Wars, Jaws, and Close Encounters until much later than they debuted. We had a Drive-In but nobody knew or cared what was playing there.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Grimnirsson

I have this game on my radar, old school survival horror with the typical Japanese twist and according to many reviews scary enough :)

Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Gusington

I draw the line at Japanese horror and pr0n...too freaky.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd