Bloody DCS Activation Problems

Started by JudgeDredd, October 14, 2015, 02:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nefaro

#15
Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 22, 2015, 02:22:40 PM
Seems my DCS woes aren't over.

I have the "upgrade" version of Flaming Cliffs 3 (because I had Lock On) and for some reason Lock On is not even being recognised in my disc drive.

This is a new disc drive to one I had previously when Lock On was loaded. For some "foil hat" reason, I'm suspecting DRM. Did Lock On not use that [I[evil[/I] DRM? Stardrive was it?

Anyway - whatever it is, it will not spin up and so I can't install that and so no FC3 for me.

Off to Google - see if I can pick up any ideas  O0

*edit*
Just read - Starforce!

Right...no FC3 for me - at least not in that format.  >:D



The FC3 requirement was for having LOMAC installed on your PC. 

So.. you install LOMAC from your disk.  Then install FC3.  But.. DO NOT RUN LOMAC ITSELF, at any time, because the first time you run it (after installation) is when Starforce gets installed. 

AFAIK, you can uninstall LOMAC after having got FC3 in there.  Just don't run the LOMAC game at any time - only install it to meet that requirement for FC3.




I went through this process myself, and looked into the details before doing so.   The only reason you have to install LOMAC is because Ubi still owns the rights to some of the assets in LOMAC that are being used & upgraded into FC3. 

Yskonyn

Again à good reason to keep the sales on your radar.
Spend 9 bucks on the standalone module next time if you are likely to keep playing DCS. You'll be glad you did.  :uglystupid2:
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JudgeDredd

^I have thought about this before - but there's just something inherently disgusting buying something you already have  :knuppel2:

But I think I will be doing so next time
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Nefaro on October 22, 2015, 05:00:04 PM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on October 22, 2015, 02:22:40 PM
Seems my DCS woes aren't over.

I have the "upgrade" version of Flaming Cliffs 3 (because I had Lock On) and for some reason Lock On is not even being recognised in my disc drive.

This is a new disc drive to one I had previously when Lock On was loaded. For some "foil hat" reason, I'm suspecting DRM. Did Lock On not use that [I[evil[/I] DRM? Stardrive was it?

Anyway - whatever it is, it will not spin up and so I can't install that and so no FC3 for me.

Off to Google - see if I can pick up any ideas  O0

*edit*
Just read - Starforce!

Right...no FC3 for me - at least not in that format.  >:D



The FC3 requirement was for having LOMAC installed on your PC. 

So.. you install LOMAC from your disk.  Then install FC3.  But.. DO NOT RUN LOMAC ITSELF, at any time, because the first time you run it (after installation) is when Starforce gets installed. 

AFAIK, you can uninstall LOMAC after having got FC3 in there.  Just don't run the LOMAC game at any time - only install it to meet that requirement for FC3.




I went through this process myself, and looked into the details before doing so.   The only reason you have to install LOMAC is because Ubi still owns the rights to some of the assets in LOMAC that are being used & upgraded into FC3.
Thanks Nef...all stuff I knew though with the exception of the activation of Starforce.

I think I'll be taking the Yskonyn remedy sometime soon.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

Different DCS issue peeps.

I was trying to activate the radio the other night which I know is key \ but nothing would happen.

Eventually I went into the settings (they did provide a GREAT feature where you could edit controls whilst flying - not in the original releases) and remapped the key...assigning the same key. But instead of \ showing in the interface, it showed OEM112 (or something similar).

Has anyone else experienced this?
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people