Countdown to Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Started by bayonetbrant, October 19, 2015, 09:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

Was telling Kushan earlier tonight, seeing Episode IV was a life changing experience for me.  I was seven and from that day forward I knew I wanted to be Luke Skywalker.  Or a baseball player for the Yankees, but, definitely, one of the two.  And from that day to this, I have tried to share that feeling of wonder and life changing experience with my kids.  It was how I felt when I drug the whole family to the first LotR.  And they LOVED it!  I hoped Episode I would do the same, too.  Sadly, Jar Jar Binks and then Hayden Christensen killed that dream.  Now, Epsiode VII has Han and Luke and Leia back and everything is right in the world.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MetalDog

duplicate

MetalDog

triplicate

undercovergeek

Quote from: MetalDog on October 20, 2015, 11:13:25 PM
Was telling Kushan earlier tonight, seeing Episode IV was a life changing experience for me.  I was seven and from that day forward I knew I wanted to be Luke Skywalker.  Or a baseball player for the Yankees, but, definitely, one of the two.  And from that day to this, I have tried to share that feeling of wonder and life changing experience with my kids.  It was how I felt when I drug the whole family to the first LotR.  And they LOVED it!  I hoped Episode I would do the same, too.  Sadly, Jar Jar Binks and then Hayden Christensen killed that dream.  Now, Epsiode VII has Han and Luke and Leia back and everything is right in the world.

The voice of wisdom and sagacity

I don't think junior will get into it but I'll ask her

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on October 20, 2015, 11:13:25 PMI hoped Episode I would do the same, too.  Sadly, Jar Jar Binks and then Hayden Christensen killed that dream. 

That's pretty good for Hayden to kill a movie he's not even in...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Jar Jar was first.  Then Hayden was next.  It's why I wrote it the way I did.  If I had written Jar Jar AND Hayden THEN I would have been saying they were in the same movie.  However, what I wrote places one first then another second.  Which, Hayden was in the second, so, grammatically correct.

Upon further review, I see where you get that.  Thought I was clear.  Guess I wasn't.

bayonetbrant

You also made it sound like they watched LOTR before Ep I, but I figured that could've just been the order y'all watched the DVDs, and not necessarily you dragging them to the theaters.   :coolsmiley:
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Well, the guy who lives where they invented the language seemed to understand perfectly.  So what's your excuse?

bayonetbrant

mirth

Quote from: MetalDog on October 20, 2015, 11:13:25 PMfrom that day forward I knew I wanted to be Luke Skywalker.  Or a baseball player for the Yankees, but, definitely, one of the two. 

So you were fine with Jedi or Sith.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Bison

Quote from: mirth on October 21, 2015, 08:08:55 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on October 20, 2015, 11:13:25 PMfrom that day forward I knew I wanted to be Luke Skywalker.  Or a baseball player for the Yankees, but, definitely, one of the two. 

So you were fine with Jedi or Sith.
Haha.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Centurion40

Quote from: Bison on October 20, 2015, 10:14:46 PM
My give a fuck about this movie just isn't there either.  I know I should be excited, but I'm not.

Amen.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Huw the Poo

I went from "definitely not interested" to "kind of curious" when it was announced that JJ Abrams was directing.  I'm sure I'll go see it when the crowds have died down.  The trailers aren't exactly grabbing me though.

mirth