Holy crap, BMS 4.33 is out NOW and none of you told me!!!11!

Started by Toonces, October 30, 2015, 04:54:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Yskonyn

Quote from: Tuna on November 02, 2015, 08:20:30 PM
Picked this up this weekend. What is the best tutorial source out there? I hopped into 'training' mission. The cockpit looked oddly familiar, then I realized of course it's familiar, they dumped me in a Warthog!

Look in the Docs\BMS Manuals\ folder. There is a 150 page training document.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Toonces

I'm not currently working on anything.

There was a group that said they were working Nevada but that was a couple of years ago.  I wouldn't hold your breath.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Yskonyn

Is the toonces on the bms forums not you?

That toonces posted in 2014 with progress on Nevada? June 29th to be precise.  >:D

BTW JD, I now run into the Launcher not doing anything when I press Launch for the 64-bit version. It happens to me when I make a profile in my NVIDIA control panel for the 64bit executable. 32bit runs fine with a profile for it.
I have made a thread on the forums.

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JudgeDredd

^ Thank you - I thought I was alone. I haven't been making any profile or anything - but there's some comfort in having company  :buck2:
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

PanzersEast

#64
Arrgghhh.... relearning the avionics/keys is frustrating to say the least, but I really can't complain.  It is just I am use to doing everything the old way so it will take a while.  My mapping to my flight stick I had to redo as well and bring my data cartridge over.


PE

Yskonyn

But man!! This is a heck of a Falcon release, isn't it?!

:smitten: :smitten:
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Toonces

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 03, 2015, 09:08:06 AM
Is the toonces on the bms forums not you?

That toonces posted in 2014 with progress on Nevada? June 29th to be precise.  >:D


That's me.  Like I said, I haven't done anything with Nevada in a "couple" of years...ok so 1 year and a few months.  I had hoped to put together a team but those guys said they were working on it and didn't really seem eager to bring on other people so I dropped it. 

Anyway, Israel Theater is released:  http://www.bmsforum.org/forum/showthread.php?23621-Israeli-Theater-for-BMS-4-33-v1-0

FEATURES
===================
-Detailed terrain with high resolution tiles by Polak. Photo real coverage in selected areas including the Dead Sea, Jerusalem, Haifa, Ramat David airport, Tel Aviv and Suez. Realistic elevations based on SRTM data
-All F-16 variants in the region are represented: IAF F-16A/B/C-30/C-40/D-40/I/I-CFT, EAF F-16C-32/42/52+, RJoAF MLU - 20 squadrons in total, with correct skins, models, loadouts and avionic details as much as the simulation allows. Custom cockpit textures for IAF C, D and I models
-Dozens of additional theater specific aircraft and ground vehicles are featured with correct skins, weaponary and systems.
-Israeli munitions including Python-3/4/5 missiles, SPICE bomb and Delilah missile
-Fully functional dynamic campaigns with realistic order of battle
-Training missiles and bombs, and six real life target ranges in Israel. Dedicated training missions, with a comprehensive training guide, are included
-Real world airport frequencies and included airport diagrams + ILS approach charts for realistic operations
-To Hebrew speakers: Hebrew emergency and normal ops checklists are included, based on IAF and LM documents
-Airport name recordings for the ATC comms, and optional fully Hebrew ATC
-TE template with pre-saved IAF, SAAF, EAF and RJoAF squadrons at the correct airports

Balkans is also out, but I haven't spent much time with Balkans even in 4.32.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs