FRIDAY Is the Best Way To Travel

Started by MetalDog, November 06, 2015, 01:19:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MetalDog



Thinking IS the best way to travel!  You can go any where, any when, any how!  And you never have to leave your chair.  Good thing for us armchair warriors, isn't it? ;)

There won't be much in the way of gaming this weekend.  I have to work Saturday and that leaves Sunday for football and fretting about my fantasy football team's performance.  I have Brady and Gronk, so..., it should be ok, but you can never be too sure.  If there IS any gaming, it will most likely be the old standby, Civ IV. 
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Toonces

MD, you really gotta play something besides Civ IV...branch out a little.  Life is too short to confine yourself to one game!

I've got a full plate of games I want to play.  I'm feeling very modern-era combat today.  So, I hope to start with some BMS Falcon, perhaps working through some tutorials to the point where I can blow something up.  I also would really like to play some Steel Armor: Blaze of War.  And if that doesn't scratch my itch, I'm just starting to get into Combat Mission: Black Sea. 

So there's enough there to keep me occupied for a bit I suppose.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Barthheart

Now that the yard work is complete I can start working on my car.

Also going to have a first game of Halo: Fleet Battles tomorrow. I'll try to remember to take some pics.

And then there's a very cool preview I'm doing.... some of you are going to be very interested in this up coming game.  ;)

And Wing Leader PBEM with SDR. Each of our first set of bombers have done their bit and now the second sets are closing in on the targets. Is there enough of either of our escorts to protect them?

undercovergeek

When i can there will be EU 4 England and WitP PBEM with KyzBP

The PBEM with Cyrano and HoN has puzzled me - its a 6 turn scenario, it says were on turn 7 and its his go but ive had no defeat notification - i think were stuck in limbo

i spent some time thinking about a game that would press all my buttons this week - modern equipment, special forces, capturing and holding objectives, good graphics and immerssive gameplay, struggled for a while searching the steam libraries and then realised wargame probably ticks all these boxes so ill give that a bash too

Dammit Carl!

Nuttin'...'cept Reserve stuffs is on my horizon...my boring, boring, flat horizon... :buck2:

Gusington

Marching in a Veterans Day parade in Queens NY on Sunday. The Guard's Commanding General is the marshal. Lots of police, fire, and military units participating, should be grand.

Beyond that, will putter around a bit more in Skyrim's Forgotten City and then...finally...a new Pictish campaign in Attila: TW.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

A friend passed away yesterday so waiting to here on arrangements for that. Otherwise when I can would like to try to get in some CK2, EU 4, Vicky 2 and maybe some PoE (both eternity and exile)
Insert witty comment here.

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on November 06, 2015, 09:05:11 AM
...a new Pictish campaign in Attila: TW.

  I may try CAMELOT in Attilla.  As well as some Take on Mars and other odds and ends.

BanzaiCat

Will probably play some more Skyrim this weekend. I snuck Hearthfire on my credit card (five bucks, my wife won't find out because of my clandestine ninja purchasing skills) so I have that to mess around with.

Also going to play some Wings for the Baron (by VPG) and hopefully Betrayal at House on the Hill, maybe some A&A 1941 too.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Depends with me if this is a quiet weekend, which there are some indications that it will be, it'll be DC: Case Blue where I'm finally starting to hit my stride I think. Turn 7 and I've inflicted 173,000 casualties on the Russkies for just 17,000 in return. Got several large encirclements to eliminate and think I've just bagged the 5th Tank Army to boot. Still the eastern horizon is filled with red squares-- damn, do these guys ever run out of men? And HQ is on my ass. They want the port of Azov--- YESTERDAY. Why? There's not even a decent seafood restaurant or Tiki Bar in the whole damned town!  :o  If it's not quiet around here then something requiring less thinking power. Maybe Rule The Waves or Pillars of Eternity.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on November 06, 2015, 11:06:48 AM
Camelot in Attila?

It's a mod.  adds the faction (to the Romans): Camelot.  Doesn't look very good, but I'll try anything even vaguely Arthurian.

Jarhead0331

Very difficult to say...however, most likely will play some BMS 4.33, HALO 5 and CoD Black Ops 3.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Slick Wilhelm

#13
I'll be plugging away at my Ageod Civil War II grand campaign. I'm in February 1862, so being able to create corps should be in the next turn or two. I'm building up an invasion force for New Orleans, with John Fremont as the leader. Wish me luck, I'm going to need it. All the Union leaders suck at the beginning of the war.

bbmike

After seeing how close Conquest of Elysium 4 is to releasing, I went back to play some more CoE3. I haven't played it much since release and was pleased to see a lot of work had been done on it. I love that there is on option to change text size to large! So, more Conquest of Elysium this weekend for me. Also playing Rebuild 3, a fun little zombie game.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak