War Thunder 1.53 update: British ground forces

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, November 06, 2015, 06:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I haven't played for a while now but I think I'll jump back in and give the Brits a try.  The destructible terrain looks like it'll be fun as well.




W8taminute

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Nefaro

I read that the four Brit tanks are all Premiums.  They don't have the regular unlock tiers in yet.

I only do the aircraft side of WT anymore, so I don't know the finer details.

WallysWorld

Thanks for posting this. I haven't played it for a long time, but I'm updating now.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Nefaro

There was some other hubbub about their game engine being changed .. or modified.   ???

Dammit Carl!

Jingles made mention of some new features; most importantly the reducing/removal of the "low," graphics setting which allowed people to remove or reduce a lot of the foliage and thus, see other tanks better for that critical first shot.

I had no time to play around with this component, but as a person whose PC can't push the graphics envelope, I had to play with low settings in order to just have a framerate that was competitive.  Have to see how that is now, I guess.

Two maps have destructable buildings now (again, seen via Jingles' video) which just elevates War Thunder to all new "cool," levels for me. 

Pity about the very slow roll-out of British ground forces as only having 3 playable countries/factions was wearing a bit thin.  But, I guess they are trying.

Nefaro

#6
Well... there is a full British aircraft line.  They even added the Hawker Hunter. *wink wink nod nod*


Although, if I'm flying without premium, I'll probably be doing Realistic Battles in P-51s, P-38s, Yaks, 109s, and Zeros.  Gains past ~BR5 are questionable without it.