Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa

Started by Philippe, November 17, 2015, 11:23:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

I've just heard that speech before from Matrix and it ended up being a rather high price tag.  :-\
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

smittyohio

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 23, 2015, 07:02:30 AM
I've just heard that speech before from Matrix and it ended up being a rather high price tag.  :-\

Hopefully it's just the boxed version with the hardbound manual that's "pricey".   The DC games have never broken the bank before, and while a little more innovated here with the RPG-ish factor, I'm not sure I see anything here to cause a big jump in price for the digital version.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 23, 2015, 07:02:30 AM
I've just heard that speech before from Matrix and it ended up being a rather high price tag.  :-\

Im sure it is not going to be cheap.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Jarhead0331

Quote from: smittyohio on November 23, 2015, 07:14:19 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 23, 2015, 07:02:30 AM
I've just heard that speech before from Matrix and it ended up being a rather high price tag.  :-\

Hopefully it's just the boxed version with the hardbound manual that's "pricey".   The DC games have never broken the bank before, and while a little more innovated here with the RPG-ish factor, I'm not sure I see anything here to cause a big jump in price for the digital version.

the only thing that could drive the price up is the fact that it being published by S&M.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


smittyohio

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 23, 2015, 07:15:59 AM
Quote from: smittyohio on November 23, 2015, 07:14:19 AM
Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 23, 2015, 07:02:30 AM
I've just heard that speech before from Matrix and it ended up being a rather high price tag.  :-\

Hopefully it's just the boxed version with the hardbound manual that's "pricey".   The DC games have never broken the bank before, and while a little more innovated here with the RPG-ish factor, I'm not sure I see anything here to cause a big jump in price for the digital version.

the only thing that could drive the price up is the fact that it being published by S&M.

Well, there is *THAT*....    :-)

sandman2575

I'm bracing for $59.99 (digital download), which is the absolute max I'd be willing to pay. Really hope Slith/Matrix doesn't make the mistake of charging something more exorbitant. (I still feel burned by paying full price for WitE when it came out -- a game I detest on so many levels. I'm done paying Grigsby prices for these games.)

Asid

Price will be "Matrix price"  ::)

Release info concerning the price will be in the "Matrix" style  :-X

Things will become expensive clearer tomorrow.

Regards
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: sandman2575 on November 23, 2015, 10:15:37 AM
I'm bracing for $59.99 (digital download), which is the absolute max I'd be willing to pay. Really hope Slith/Matrix doesn't make the mistake of charging something more exorbitant. (I still feel burned by paying full price for WitE when it came out -- a game I detest on so many levels. I'm done paying Grigsby prices for these games.)

That's kind of what I think it will be or at most $69, but I am just guessing......to be honest I will be in the minority, right now this one does not interest me so won't be buying anyway so I can watch everyone else have fun.

-budd-

hope they don't price people out. Worried when i saw the quote "its a big game" I want to support Vic, i have the other games and ATG, but i do wonder about the re-playability of the game. One scenario, 6 months in length. I'd think twice about anything over $49, wasn't case blue which is a bigger game $39. It's a novel approach and i'm curious how it plays.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

smittyohio

Doesn't interest me enough to pay any more than I did for Case Blue... Not really sure what makes this a "big game" to use their words.   If it was the whole war in Russia, sure...  I'm sure it's well done, but I don't see why this would be more than 40 to 50 digital download.

Cyrano

Hey, to each his or her own and the market will assuredly decide, but, in a world where Pandemic: Legacy -- which you can play through only ONCE -- retails for $70, people who put the kind of effort Vic does into his games should be cut a bit of slack.

We're throwing rocks before they've even announced the price, for heaven's sake.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

JasonPratt

Yeah, I fully expect it to be $100 (or close enough to never mind) with that hardback printed 320ish page manual.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

jomni

Quote from: smittyohio on November 23, 2015, 07:32:50 PM
Doesn't interest me enough to pay any more than I did for Case Blue... Not really sure what makes this a "big game" to use their words.   If it was the whole war in Russia, sure...  I'm sure it's well done, but I don't see why this would be more than 40 to 50 digital download.

It's got role playing now like Crusader Kings. Lol!

Barthheart

Quote from: jomni on November 23, 2015, 07:57:31 PM
Quote from: smittyohio on November 23, 2015, 07:32:50 PM
Doesn't interest me enough to pay any more than I did for Case Blue... Not really sure what makes this a "big game" to use their words.   If it was the whole war in Russia, sure...  I'm sure it's well done, but I don't see why this would be more than 40 to 50 digital download.

It's got role playing now like Crusader Kings. Lol!

It's got nothing like roll playing like CK.  ::)

jomni

What? You can't marry off your generals?