Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa

Started by Philippe, November 17, 2015, 11:23:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Cyrano on November 23, 2015, 07:43:31 PM
Hey, to each his or her own and the market will assuredly decide, but, in a world where Pandemic: Legacy -- which you can play through only ONCE -- retails for $70, people who put the kind of effort Vic does into his games should be cut a bit of slack.

We're throwing rocks before they've even announced the price, for heaven's sake.
They create the room for speculation. Been doing it for years. It's become specifically the thing to do when they put out lines like the one Iain did.

I for one will be buying - probably today and probably with the manual
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

Quote from: -budd- on November 23, 2015, 06:42:37 PM
hope they don't price people out. Worried when i saw the quote "its a big game" I want to support Vic, i have the other games and ATG, but i do wonder about the re-playability of the game. One scenario, 6 months in length. I'd think twice about anything over $49, wasn't case blue which is a bigger game $39. It's a novel approach and i'm curious how it plays.
From what I recall, there's going to be an addition released sometime after release which will allow users a full editor to create their own scenarios. I'm not sure of the details though

Ah...just found this statement
Quote
Community Project
More news will still follow on DCX:Community Project. Its the free BETA title for future DC3:Barbarossa owners that basically builds upon an expanded DC2 ruleset and finally makes it much easier to create your own scenarios for Decisive Campaigns.

on this page
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3964793
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Pete Dero

Quote from: Vic on November 18, 2015, 11:37:58 AM
Hi all,

Thanks for the compliments (of some of you there)!
But I really need to point out this game really has been a team effort together with Cameron Harris. (who some of you might know as plugger from the ATG resource mod)

Also... you might be interested to know it is my aim to make the Decisive Campaigns : Community Project (BETA) available 1-2 weeks after release day of Barbarossa. This one has sort of gone under the radar, but it will be a free extra for DC:Barbarossa owners. And it has basically my supreme attempt to finally enable normal humans to make scenarios with DC.  I already posted some screenies some time ago: http://www.vrdesigns.nl/?p=916 and will provide some more updates really soon.

Best wishes,
Vic

He posted that in this forum a few days ago ...

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: JudgeDredd on November 24, 2015, 01:41:27 AM
Quote from: Cyrano on November 23, 2015, 07:43:31 PM
Hey, to each his or her own and the market will assuredly decide, but, in a world where Pandemic: Legacy -- which you can play through only ONCE -- retails for $70, people who put the kind of effort Vic does into his games should be cut a bit of slack.

We're throwing rocks before they've even announced the price, for heaven's sake.
They create the room for speculation. Been doing it for years. It's become specifically the thing to do when they put out lines like the one Iain did.

I for one will be buying - probably today and probably with the manual

Agreed....they seem to be one of the few companies who don't release game prices until it actually is released so it leaves people to speculate and guess hidden messages from their staff based on past history.  At the end of the day the price will be whatever it is and people can decide for themselves....enough people will purchase that convinces them their pricing and communication strategy is correct and who knows, it might be.

JudgeDredd

I'm at a loss at to why they hold the price until the day of release. All that does is allow speculation beforehand and increase the chances of a flame war on pricing on release day - when in fact what you actually want for your release day is a smooth release.

I do not imagine for a second that they are not aware of the price before release and therefore can only imagine they withhold the information for some bizarre reason. So I don't get the policy at all.

I don't agree with their communication of cost at all...but there is always the fact it's not my company. I just find it a very strange tactic.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

Well - it's in the NEW RELEASES section of their forums - but not in store yet....the wait continues...drum roll please  :2funny:
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Barthheart

It's up now. $70.99 CDN download. $92.99 CDN with hard manual.    :(


sandman2575

$49.99 USD d/l and $64.99 physical copy.

That's actually better than I thought it would be. Not cheap, of course, but that seems a reasonable price IMO

JudgeDredd

I was out.

Seems it's £35 DD and £46 boxed.

I'm happy with those costs tbh. Off to the shops.  ;D
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

-budd-

wow whats the exchange rate. $49.99 download US , $64.99 hard copy
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: -budd- on November 24, 2015, 10:36:43 AM
wow whats the exchange rate. $49.99 download US , $64.99 hard copy
$70 hard copy
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

sandman2575


Jarhead0331

$49.99 is reasonable in my opinion.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Barthheart

Quote from: -budd- on November 24, 2015, 10:36:43 AM
wow whats the exchange rate. $49.99 download US , $64.99 hard copy

I'd be paying $1.42 on the dollar which is a rip off.  :tickedoff:


JudgeDredd

I just went on the £46 and ran that through the currency converter online.

£46 is what I see. That probably (hopefully??) includes value added Tax (what a load of bollox that is!)
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people