So I have 217 games in my Steam catalog...

Started by Toonces, November 18, 2015, 05:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Swatter on November 18, 2015, 08:56:21 PM
Wow...

I'm 33 games on Steam, 20 installed. I never buy a game I don't intend on playing hard.

You should teach a seminar, bro.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Dammit Carl!

Cant beat the numbers put down so far, lol.

It's the insanely cheap sale prices that always makes me click the "buy," button, so I do empathize.  My problem is that I still haven't gotten rid of games that I store-bought a million years ago, so there they sit...just following me around when I move...patiently.

MetalDog

Quote from: Swatter on November 18, 2015, 08:56:21 PM
Wow...

I'm 33 games on Steam, 20 installed. I never buy a game I don't intend on playing hard.

Got ya' beat.  30.  And most of those were gifts or freebies from the Donation thread.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones


"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Arctic Blast

540 in my library with 32 currently installed.

Huw the Poo

Quote from: tgb on November 18, 2015, 07:13:04 PM
The ubiquitousness of sales doesn't help.

Absolutely.  I have 60-odd games on my wishlist and alerts set up on isthereanydeal.com.  As soon as a game drops in price, which happens all the time, I'm on it.  Buying a game just isn't the "event" it used to be.  Sometimes it's hard for me to take the fact that I have games I haven't even installed, let alone played.

MikeGER

#20
only 78 Games, 45 installed ...the caveat is: most of them were expensive day 0 purchases with only minimal discount :-[

a few of those are Matrix/Slitherien games which got a Steam key
well, some are rebuys of older games (like Graviteam stuff) to have them all in one place
and a few are older (about 1 year after release) premium titles, i gave in to buy in one of those many seasonal Steam sales ...but didn't explored those in detail yet.   

there was a kind of safeguard mechanism in play that my system spec were so low that i was reluctant to buy some premium games when the hype (here at the Grogs) was at the max ..because i knew it would never look like in the trailer-vids or let's plays on my screen

...but in the meantime i got a new graphicscard when Witcher3 was the must-have, and recently my mainboard died on me, and so forced to upgrade all the rest and now i have a decent rig with a Core i5-6600K CPU and the GTX970 GPU

gents, also and don't forget the compleat Battlefront Combat Mission Collections  ::)
and some DCS sitting on the HDDs

 

FlickJax

239 on steam, dont want to count the others.......

spelk

Well, I have 888 games on Steam.. erm...

At the moment I have 27 installed on this Linux laptop, and I hardly play any of them, since its at work. Maybe a lunchtime casual Lyne session. Or Metro.

My home Win8 PC must have about 80-100 installed. All my wargames/strategy and rpgs mainly. With lashings of indie/casuals.

I load Steam up, and can't find one I want to play... so piss off to the consoles and shoot some anonymous people in Planetside 2 instead. Such is life.

I do support multi-console habits, and mobile gaming, and have a propensity to want to try every new game mechanic I can find out. No wonder I have no money and no time. :)

I dread to think about the number of games under Matrix/Slitherine, GOG, Gamersgate.co.uk, and previous Desura, Impulse, Direct2Drive, Origin, Battle.net etc...

*shudder*

I think I may need help.

Toonces

^(Flixjax) That's kind of what got me.  GoG has always been this place where I knew I had a few games sitting but I never really "counted" them in my collection.  So I went to install IL-2 and decided to install their GoG Galaxy which organized my games in my library and pointed out that I have 48 games sitting there!  That's not a "few" LOL.

Unlike MikeGER, though, almost all of my games are from sales and bundles.  I have very few Day 1 or full-price purchases.  A few like Skyrim, but most are deeply discounted and even repeat buys (like Morrowind and Oblivion, M2TW, etc.)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 18, 2015, 09:58:07 PM
Quote from: Swatter on November 18, 2015, 08:56:21 PM
Wow...

I'm 33 games on Steam, 20 installed. I never buy a game I don't intend on playing hard.

You should teach a seminar, bro.

That's the way I'd like to approach it.  I can say that my likelihood of playing a game is related to how much I pay for it.

I'm trying to adopt this attitude more.  Like when Graviteam Tactics was on sale for $5 I thought about buying the collection, but I'm just not going to play it so why bother? 

On the other hand, I've been waiting on Atilla to drop to the $5 range to pick it up.  I want to play it eventually, but not today.  However if it hits the right price point I want to pick it up.

If you take the total cost of the games I don't play vs. the total cost if I only bought the games I actually play at full price, I'd probably save money just going full price and only buying games I intend to play.

You might have a solid strategy there Swatter.   ???
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Staggerwing

I currently have 189 games on Steam, 69 on Gamersgate (along with a bunch of add-ons and games I bought individually and then again as part of a bundle), and 89 on GOG...

... and I still can't find anything I feel like playing.  :(
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

BanzaiCat

This thread is like an AA meeting for gamers.

I thought *I* was bad with 307 Steam titles. Most of them I've played once or twice and I'm done. Many of them I'd like to get back to, but I only have a 500GB HD so I have to be careful with my space.

On GOG I think I have 30 or so titles. Same deal over there - would love to have time to play through some of them, but just don't have time.

sandman2575

Quote from: spelk on November 19, 2015, 07:16:21 AM
Well, I have 888 games on Steam.. erm...

:o
Um, wow.

The question now:  anyone here top 1,000? 

This is like one of those hot dog eating contests... I'm agog at the amount being consumed, and yet I can't look away...

Gusington

A hot.dog eating contest without the inevitable...results.

I didn't even know here were 888 games available total on Steam!
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Some don't count. I caved and got the "I Am Bread/Goat Simulator" bundle. I totally don't get Goat Simulator, still. All you do is run around and butt things with your head and blow them up, sending your goat into a rag-doll physics spiral. Lots of things to climb and people to screw with, but it's just...okay?

I Am Bread is...well, that's a short-bus game. :)

Needless to say, neither are on my hard drive right now, after one playthrough each.  :(